ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 40, Warriors at , Klay game 2 at 9 game winning streak Grizzles, Tues Jan 11 5 PM PST,

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Re: Game 40, Warriors at , Klay game 2 at 9 game winning streak Grizzles, Tues Jan 11 5 PM PST, 

Post#201 » by SpreeS » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:25 am

cpower wrote:
HiRez wrote:IDK why everyone is bashing Wiggins, he wasn't the reason they lost this game. Not a great performance by any means, but plenty bad to go around. Wiggins was the only Warrior who hit 3 3s tonight. Unlike Steph & Poole he didn't shoot them out of the game.

he got destroyed by Ja though, off that PnR

What? Wiggs is the last one to blame here. Curry was fn bad on defence Ziaire and Jones had 34 pts on .81TS
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: Game 40, Warriors at , Klay game 2 at 9 game winning streak Grizzles, Tues Jan 11 5 PM PST, 

Post#202 » by and1GS » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:26 am

SpreeS wrote:Kerr again, 12 mans rotation? What’s the point here? Players playing for 6 min don’t get feel and rhythm of the game.

I don't feel that's Kerr's fault.

JTA came out, took a **** and was sat for the rest of the game. Lee/Moody are fairly interchangeable minutes wise, you go with whoever is hot. Our starting 2 guard has to play under 20 minutes. GP2 was injured. And when we don't have Draymond, but do want to play Looney less than usual you're going to see those minutes go elsewhere.

And from a pure fan perspective - what did you see from guys like Poole tonight that made you say 'he needs to be out there for at least 6 more minutes'? Steph was in because we had a shot to win. Simple as that.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#203 » by cpower » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 am

SpreeS wrote:
cpower wrote:
HiRez wrote:IDK why everyone is bashing Wiggins, he wasn't the reason they lost this game. Not a great performance by any means, but plenty bad to go around. Wiggins was the only Warrior who hit 3 3s tonight. Unlike Steph & Poole he didn't shoot them out of the game.

he got destroyed by Ja though, off that PnR

What? Wiggs is the last one to blame here. Curry was fn bad on defence Ziaire and Jones had 34 pts on .81TS

i didnt say Curry was good, but Wiggins was not playing the PnR defense in the right way, he was too close and let Ja have a layup drill on him. I know Green could have been the perfect help defender but he was not here tonight.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#204 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 am

The Warriors had no problem getting into the paint, but they have no finishers so Memphis was able to cheat.

I love Looney, but a big man that could finish would really open up the offense.

It's hard for Poole, Wiggins and Curry to get anything going at the rim when the other team doesn't have to worry about Looney. It was some great defense by the Griz.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#205 » by jaymo123 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:36 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:The Warriors had no problem getting into the paint, but they have no finishers so Memphis was able to cheat.

I love Looney, but a big man that could finish would really open up the offense.

It's hard for Poole, Wiggins and Curry to get anything going at the rim when the other team doesn't have to worry about Looney. It was some great defense by the Griz.

Been saying it all season but people think I'm nuts. A big who is a threat for a lob or can atleast finish along with the ability to block shots would greatly benefit the dubs. I hope Wiseman can be that guy.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#206 » by SpreeS » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:38 am

Exactly, our 4 bigs can do nothing near basket, 2 of them cant shoot either. All opponents bigs cheat on our bigs to help protect the basket.
cpower
RealGM

Post#207 » by cpower » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:42 am

you cant have everything...when you lock up 40M in wiggins and wiseman, you dont have a choice.
Poole is going to ask 15 to 20m too i hope we dont make that mistake again. Dont sign role players over 10m a year.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,794

Post#208 » by michaelm » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:45 am

SpreeS wrote:Klay avg 16 shots in 20min in two games. It’s totally change landscape of our offence and I could see why Wiggs/Poole struggle (17-44 .386) Its not normal to give this kind of USG for player who missed 2.5 years.

Yep, couldn't watch the game but what happens with Poole and particularly Wiggins is a concern, Wiggins seemed to have found his ideal role prior to Klay's return, which is about 2.5 in the most most important player stakes. It definitely won't work if he is 5th in line. Maybe Draymond will help, although Klay's shot attempts didn't change much even when Durant was on the team iirc.

Curry is a worry, he just doesn't seem to be playing with his usual attitude, isn't doing the work he normally does, poor shot selection, looking for FTs etc. Perhaps tired or has a minor injury, I hope he hasn't lost his joy in the game and drive, or that something isn't amiss off court.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#209 » by jaymo123 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:47 am

michaelm wrote:
SpreeS wrote:Klay avg 16 shots in 20min in two games. It’s totally change landscape of our offence and I could see why Wiggs/Poole struggle (17-44 .386) Its not normal to give this kind of USG for player who missed 2.5 years.

Yep, couldn't watch the game but what happens with Poole and particularly Wiggins is a concern, Wiggins seemed to have found his ideal role prior to Klay's return, which is about 2.5 in the most most important player stakes. It definitely won't work if he is 5th in line. Maybe Draymond will help, although Klay's shot attempts didn't change much even when Durant was on the team iirc.

Curry is a worry, he just doesn't seem to be playing with his usual attitude, isn't doing the work he normally does, poor shot selection, looking for FTs etc. Perhaps tired or has a minor injury, I hope he hasn't lost his joy in the game and drive, or that something isn't amiss off court.

I ain't really worried about Curry because I'd rather have him struggle now that later in the season. The only thing that concerns me is him constantly looking for a call rather than trying to make the shot. Once he does it, everyone does it. Just play ball.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#210 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 am

HiRez wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
cpower wrote:yeah i am ok to give them wiseman too if we can get Haliburton

Wouldn’t give up Wiseman, but I’m sure talks can be started.

I'd trade Wiseman or Poole for Haliburton in a second, but I think you'd need more. Kuminga might do it but that's a tough one to swallow. It's not time to panic, but we've lost 3 out of 4 and seem pretty lost doing it. We can't just chuck 3s and expect to win anymore.

or? i'd trade both if that's what it took.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#211 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 am

and1GS wrote:What a disaster of a game, awful offense. Wiggins/Poole seem to really be having a hard time finding their rhythm with the new rotations. Steph is at least finishing inside a bit now, but man I think that was three air balls? Woof. Iguodala IMO was poor as well, but I get why he had to play - JTA was even worse and GP2 was injured.

If I'm going with a silver lining, JTA came out, took the biggest dump I've ever seen and never came back on the floor. 3 turnovers and a foul in 7 minutes while being a complete non-threat on O. Memphis was thrilled when he was trying to play the Draymond role. I don't think even Steve can look at that and commit to him the majority of nights.

Klay looked fantastic IMO. My main piece of feedback to him would be to play more :lol: but if I was nitpicking it would be to select his drives better. He was never good at it and he should be more selective.

funniest parts are when Kerr has Steph come off the ball so JTA can run offense

LOL?
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 445

Post#212 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:13 am

Just my opinion. Steve Kerr is the worst coach in the league. Nothing he does anymore makes sense
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#213 » by tarantism » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:27 am

Romulus wrote:Just my opinion. Steve Kerr is the worst coach in the league. Nothing he does anymore makes sense
#3 regular season and #1 playoff win % all time. Yeah you're right bring back Mark Jackson.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
clyde21
RealGM

Post#214 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 am

Romulus wrote:Just my opinion. Steve Kerr is the worst coach in the league. Nothing he does anymore makes sense

not even close, still a top 5-7 HC in the league obviously, even though he makes some very questionable moves and the rotations this yr have been dreadful
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#215 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:45 am

The only thing you need to know is if Curry has his God Hand, Kerr is a genius. When Curry is slumping, Kerr is an idiot.

It really isn’t the system that wins games. If Curry wasn’t injured that 2nd championship year, we would win. That’s why I am in favor of maximizing the talent in every roster spot. It’s important management doesn’t drink their cultural system Kool Aide.

It’s not the culture or motion offense. It’s the once in a lifetime players they luck into or tanked for like Curry and Duncan. They can’t count on them forever so they have to upgrade 4-15 every chance they get. I can guess what they are going to do next, but still it doesn’t hurt to make sure they field the best role players for the long term.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 445

Post#216 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:49 am

Hey, I like Kerr as a human being. I love his ability to address social issues. He's cool.

But as a coach? Over the years, it's just gotten so much worse. When he first started, you rarely might question a move or playing time for someone. But now, it seems he wants to have his imprint on every game.

Who doesn't like the premise of ball movement, a motion offense? That's great. It gets everyone involved. But over time, what has the offense become? Every possession goes through Draymond Green, including the last shot of a quarter or a half or the last possession at the end of the game. Strange. And now, even when Green is gone, he still has the concept of a motion offense with JTA fulfilling that role? Are you kidding me? The idea of Curry ALWAYS playing off the ball has become the norm. It wasn't that way in the beginning. Now Curry looks like the washed up version of JJ Reddick. Just look at tonight's game with Memphis. Curry (and the Warriors) best run was in the 3rd quarter when Curry was playing ON the ball, not OFF the ball. Also consider this (I'm not sure Kerr has): perhaps Curry is at an age where it's really tough on him to have to score, shoot, when he's constantly running around and being mugged. Maybe it would be easier on his body if you just gave him the ball once in a while and let him do his magic, get off his own shot. You know, kinda like what you saw Memphis do tonight for the much younger Morant. You can't tell me all those miles and years of Curry running his a** off on every possession hasn't taken its toll.

Also, the concept of the Warrior passing game has often times become an offense that over-passes, doesn't take the open shot. Heck just recently I saw Wiggins, previously considered a black hole and non-passer, make a drive and have an easy open 3 footer just in front of the rim, not shoot the shot and instead pass to someone in the corner who missed a difficult 3. What does this lead to? Many of the turnovers the Warriors are known for. Plus, everyone is not equal. Not everyone can actually shoot. Having Looney and Green on the court at the same time often leads to them getting wide open shots (they're not even guarded), but it doesn't really help because they can't make shots at a consistent level.

Kerr seldom seems to consider the opponent when making up the lineups. Tonight, he started his pet favorite JTA. It was a disaster. Porter has done a good job in that role (won the Phoenix game) but the obvious move was to go small and play GP2 (to guard Morant). Kerr waited until the last 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter to get him in the game and that move actually changed the game from that point forward and gave the Warriors a chance to win. What if he had played GP2 much earlier?

And of course, who knows when Curry will be taken out of the lineup or put back in? Why in the world did Kerr decide 6 games into the season that would be a good move? And now that Curry has been in this funk for a while, why is Kerr so stubborn that he won't change back? Why not at least try to go back for a week or two and see if it helps Curry and team itself?

As a fan, even though this team has a very good record and will be in the playoffs, I just find them not very fun to watch anymore. I frequently just turn the game off and don't subject myself to the frustration.

Personally, I don't think the answer is to make a trade. The talent is there, the pieces fit. But my god, the coach needs to simplify things, figure it out, and make the obvious right moves.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#217 » by TwoStarz » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:34 pm

Romulus wrote:Hey, I like Kerr as a human being. I love his ability to address social issues. He's cool.

But as a coach? Over the years, it's just gotten so much worse. When he first started, you rarely might question a move or playing time for someone. But now, it seems he wants to have his imprint on every game.

Who doesn't like the premise of ball movement, a motion offense? That's great. It gets everyone involved. But over time, what has the offense become? Every possession goes through Draymond Green, including the last shot of a quarter or a half or the last possession at the end of the game. Strange. And now, even when Green is gone, he still has the concept of a motion offense with JTA fulfilling that role? Are you kidding me? The idea of Curry ALWAYS playing off the ball has become the norm. It wasn't that way in the beginning. Now Curry looks like the washed up version of JJ Reddick. Just look at tonight's game with Memphis. Curry (and the Warriors) best run was in the 3rd quarter when Curry was playing ON the ball, not OFF the ball. Also consider this (I'm not sure Kerr has): perhaps Curry is at an age where it's really tough on him to have to score, shoot, when he's constantly running around and being mugged. Maybe it would be easier on his body if you just gave him the ball once in a while and let him do his magic, get off his own shot. You know, kinda like what you saw Memphis do tonight for the much younger Morant. You can't tell me all those miles and years of Curry running his a** off on every possession hasn't taken its toll.

Also, the concept of the Warrior passing game has often times become an offense that over-passes, doesn't take the open shot. Heck just recently I saw Wiggins, previously considered a black hole and non-passer, make a drive and have an easy open 3 footer just in front of the rim, not shoot the shot and instead pass to someone in the corner who missed a difficult 3. What does this lead to? Many of the turnovers the Warriors are known for. Plus, everyone is not equal. Not everyone can actually shoot. Having Looney and Green on the court at the same time often leads to them getting wide open shots (they're not even guarded), but it doesn't really help because they can't make shots at a consistent level.

Kerr seldom seems to consider the opponent when making up the lineups. Tonight, he started his pet favorite JTA. It was a disaster. Porter has done a good job in that role (won the Phoenix game) but the obvious move was to go small and play GP2 (to guard Morant). Kerr waited until the last 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter to get him in the game and that move actually changed the game from that point forward and gave the Warriors a chance to win. What if he had played GP2 much earlier?

And of course, who knows when Curry will be taken out of the lineup or put back in? Why in the world did Kerr decide 6 games into the season that would be a good move? And now that Curry has been in this funk for a while, why is Kerr so stubborn that he won't change back? Why not at least try to go back for a week or two and see if it helps Curry and team itself?

As a fan, even though this team has a very good record and will be in the playoffs, I just find them not very fun to watch anymore. I frequently just turn the game off and don't subject myself to the frustration.

Personally, I don't think the answer is to make a trade. The talent is there, the pieces fit. But my god, the coach needs to simplify things, figure it out, and make the obvious right moves.

One of the best posts I’ve read here.

Very true, especially the second last paragraph. Despite the record, the team hasn’t been enjoyable to watch for weeks. Pretty much what I’ve been saying for weeks, just cause you’re winning doesn’t mean all is well in paradise.
cpower
RealGM

Post#218 » by cpower » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:10 pm

Our offense rating for the last 10 game ranked 26th in the league... this is a failure from the coaching for sure.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#219 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:27 pm

As predicted, as soon as the Warriors lose a game, TwoStarz is back. Oh, joy.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#220 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:28 pm

cpower wrote:Our offense rating for the last 10 game ranked 26th in the league... this is a failure from the coaching for sure.

The offense is Curry. There’s so many times he’s bailed this team out this year.

The team can’t work without the primary shooter taking the most shots and not making them. Unless you want to set him up like a Chris Paul playmaker. But then you have to watch Curryovers.

Return to Golden State Warriors