Bearish
20%

Total votes: 5

tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Re: Feelin bullish? game thread 1/14 

Post#81 » by tarantism » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 am

BG wrote:Looney has played so well for us this whole season, that guy deserves so much credit for all the dirty work he's doing out there. i just love him on this team.
He's having a great year. If everything goes according to plan we ought to have a good center trio with him, Dray and Wiseman that allows us to play all different ways offensively and defensively.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#82 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:00 am

tarantism wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
tarantism wrote:Well they had no idea it would be a blowout. They probably figured it would be better for him to get minutes/reps with the GLeague team rather than ride the pine with the big club. Seems reasonable to me.

then why not G League Minga too?
Kuminga gets regular minutes with the big squad. Moody doesn't.

i know, that's my entire point? Moody should be out there. :-?
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#83 » by WarriorGM » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 am

Kuminga has had a year of G League already. Moody hasn't and I haven't seen Moody giving plus minutes in the times Kerr has let him play unlike Kuminga who from the start came off the court as a positive.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,391

Post#84 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:16 am

Kuminga brings something to the table Moody hasn't. He shows he can lock down the opposing player's best scorer. Doesn't matter what Moody throws up in the G league, defense is where rookies earn their playing time.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#85 » by watch1958 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:05 am

Moody plays defense just fine. His offense just needs some repetition, which he can’t get with the big club.

But that’s only for short runs. What he needs next is figuring out where those shots will come from with the Warriors.

My thought is that the fastest way to get shots is to set picks for Curry. Moody has the right frame to set great picks; he should drill on that with the big club. Over and over.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,391

Post#86 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:36 am

watch1958 wrote:Moody plays defense just fine. His offense just needs some repetition, which he can’t get with the big club.

But that’s only for short runs. What he needs next is figuring out where those shots will come from with the Warriors.

My thought is that the fastest way to get shots is to set picks for Curry. Moody has the right frame to set great picks; he should drill on that with the big club. Over and over.

He does play fine defense, but to earn minutes he’s going to have show more than that to leapfrog guys that have paid their dues.

He really needs to stand out and his competition for minutes is Lee. He has to be that much better than him and he hasn’t made the case yet. Lee’s defense is weak, but offensively he is a more reliable shooter. I don’t think Moody will overwhelmingly surpass Lee in offense this year, but he can make the case over him by locking people down on defense where Lee is weak. And there are minutes to be had in that area as Iguodala is old and GP2 needs to recover from little injuries.

Unless he makes a Poole leap in offense which doesn’t seem like his game. His best bet to winning favor is through great defense mainly then playmaking. At least that’s the fastest way I see him winning minutes the way the coaching staff is running things old school.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#87 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:42 am

Kuminga is at the point where he should get the start whenever Draymond isnt starting. He should also never be sent down to the G League anymore either, he has proven he belongs to stay up with the main team. Not only does he give us something that no one else on this team does, a true physical and athletic advantage, I mean his athleticism for his size is just flat out freakish. But defensively whenever he plays he is always asked to defend the opposing best player as long as they're a 1-4. Ya he may foul a good amount, but who cares if he fouls out in 20 minutes. He isnt going to play more than that anyways. Kuminga has shown he deserves 18-20 minutes every night.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#88 » by cpower » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:00 pm

Porter playing draymond role well. He should continue to get more mins
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#89 » by superunknown » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:41 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Kuminga is at the point where he should get the start whenever Draymond isnt starting. He should also never be sent down to the G League anymore either, he has proven he belongs to stay up with the main team. Not only does he give us something that no one else on this team does, a true physical and athletic advantage, I mean his athleticism for his size is just flat out freakish. But defensively whenever he plays he is always asked to defend the opposing best player as long as they're a 1-4. Ya he may foul a good amount, but who cares if he fouls out in 20 minutes. He isnt going to play more than that anyways. Kuminga has shown he deserves 18-20 minutes every night.

+1
he should def play 20mins a game to start, he can eat JTA's minutes and some of iggy's minutes as well.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,388

Post#90 » by Big J » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:05 pm

I don't know why we need to be debating Moody's minutes. He's not going to be playing a meaningful role in the playoffs anyway.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#91 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:25 pm

Big J wrote:I don't know why we need to be debating Moody's minutes. He's not going to be playing a meaningful role in the playoffs anyway.

neither will Lee or Chiozza.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,388

Post#92 » by Big J » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:I don't know why we need to be debating Moody's minutes. He's not going to be playing a meaningful role in the playoffs anyway.

Could be a culture setting move. Kerr wanting to maintain a veteran mentality among the group. The more kids you have along the more likely they are to do something dumb like go to the clubs and bring back Omicron to the group.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#93 » by Money_ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:58 pm

Quazza wrote:Wig been excellent (again )

Really hope he's an all star. He deserves it

He's third in voting so far, I think he's a lock.

Probably with a little help from the Warriors being the most popular professional sports team on the planet.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#94 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:13 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Could be a culture setting move. Kerr wanting to maintain a veteran mentality among the group. The more kids you have along the more likely they are to do something dumb like go to the clubs and bring back Omicron to the group.

no
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,117

Post#95 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:21 pm

Wiggins an All-Star... who would have thought, 3 years ago?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#96 » by and1GS » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:

I actually (sadly) do think Lee will get 10 mpg in the playoffs.

I don't think you can compare Kuminga and Moody at this point - the former provides far more and is further ahead in his development. I obviously would prefer Moody eats Lee's minutes, especially given that he hasn't made rotational errors in quite a while. But we all know why he doesn't. Lee is a safety blanket for Kerr. He isn't better than Moody, but he has 'done it before' and Kerr values that.

I'm just glad his role evaporated with Klay back. He's now shooting 35% from 3 while offering very little outside of his distance shooting. At that point, why not interject Moody and see if he can acclimate before playoff time? We're rapidly approaching his year 2 where we will need to seriously discuss setting him up for 10-15 mpg.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
clyde21
RealGM

Post#97 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:25 pm

and1GS wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I actually (sadly) do think Lee will get 10 mpg in the playoffs.

I don't think you can compare Kuminga and Moody at this point - the former provides far more and is further ahead in his development. I obviously would prefer Moody eats Lee's minutes, especially given that he hasn't made rotational errors in quite a while. But we all know why he doesn't. Lee is a safety blanket for Kerr. He isn't better than Moody, but he has 'done it before' and Kerr values that.

I'm just glad his role evaporated with Klay back. He's now shooting 35% from 3 while offering very little outside of his distance shooting. At that point, why not interject Moody and see if he can acclimate before playoff time? We're rapidly approaching his year 2 where we will need to seriously discuss setting him up for 10-15 mpg.

if he does Kerr's a clown

no guards other than Klay, Steph, Poole and Gp2 should see any non-garbage time mins in the POs.

but knowing Kerr he won't shorten his rotations in the POs per usual.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,697

Post#98 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 pm

I don't have a problem with Moody primarily getting run with Santa Cruz and Kuminga playing with the big club. Curry and Draymond let their opinions be known that they wanted to play with more seasoned vets in the offseason and I think the FO sees this team as having a chance to compete for the title and have run the rotations for this goal. Consistency is the biggest issue for young players and I think Kuminga has shown he is getting the philosophy and is physically strong enough to earn more minutes as the season has progressed. It doesn't have to be an all at once and a black and white approach. Patience and working with the young guys in the background and then seeing how they respond seems like a wise choice IMO.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#99 » by michaelm » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 pm

whatisacenter wrote:I don't have a problem with Moody primarily getting run with Santa Cruz and Kuminga playing with the big club. Curry and Draymond let their opinions be known that they wanted to play with more seasoned vets in the offseason and I think the FO sees this team as having a chance to compete for the title and have run the rotations for this goal. Consistency is the biggest issue for young players and I think Kuminga has shown he is getting the philosophy and is physically strong enough to earn more minutes as the season has progressed. It doesn't have to be an all at once and a black and white approach. Patience and working with the young guys in the background and then seeing how they respond seems like a wise choice IMO.

Curry seemed to rather like playing with Kuminga in the most recent game.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,290

Post#100 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:50 pm

Looney even dunked off 2 feet while surrounded in the paint. Everything went right!

Return to Golden State Warriors