Total votes: 39

DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Re: WCR1 – Warriors Series MVP and Top 5 Performers 

Post#21 » by DevinVassell » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:58 am

Dray MVP.

Steph 2a
Poole 2b (still underated, absolute killer)
Klay 4
GP2 5
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#22 » by floppymoose » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:52 am

I would say Steph was MVP. But regarding Dray's defense of Jokic... I think some people are misunderstanding.

Dray did a great job not because Jokic was shut down. Dray did a good job because he allowed GS to play Jokic single coverage most possessions and keep the existing GSW team defensive scheme alive. Dray's value lies not in Jocik's numbers, but in the overall defense against Denver. He allowed that overall defensive success to happen by being somene who can keep Jokic from scoring 50 and also being a mobile rangy defender who can switch onto anyone else as needed/required by GSW defense.

Jokic can't do that and DEN lost.

Vucevic can't do that and CHI lost.

Gobert can't do that and UTA is about to lose, imo.*

*although Gobert comes a lot closer than Vuc and Jokic. Gobert works well everywhere but way out on the perimeter.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#23 » by Quazza » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:57 am

cpower wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Draymond edges out *very* slightly over Steph.

Steph closed the deal in Game 5.

But without Draymond being able to play 5 against MVP Jokic, you don’t get the switches and situations where Steph can put the series to bed. And Draymond did this for 5 games enabling everything.

As great as Steph was, we won 3 games with Poole starting. Draymond doing the same thing those 3 games too.

Draymond gets my vote for series MVP.

1. Draymond
1.5 Steph

3. Poole
3.5 Wiggins
3.5 Klay

I give Poole number 3 because he was the top 2-3 factor why we went up 3-0. He slipped off in G4 and G5. But I’d rather see 3 great performances and be 3-0, than 4-5 “good” performances but not be in a 3-0 position.

Draymond did not do anything about Joker though. Joker is 31/14/6 on 64%TS.. Draymond has been good but not series MVP for sure, and g5 was pretty rough for him.

Wrong.

Not sure what it finished at but over the first few games Jokic was shooting 33% while guarded one on one by dray . He was over 60% against the rest of the team
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#24 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:03 pm

floppymoose wrote:I would say Steph was MVP. But regarding Dray's defense of Jokic... I think some people are misunderstanding.

Dray did a great job not because Jokic was shut down. Dray did a good job because he allowed GS to play Jokic single coverage most possessions and keep the existing GSW team defensive scheme alive. Dray's value lies not in Jocik's numbers, but in the overall defense against Denver. He allowed that overall defensive success to happen by being somene who can keep Jokic from scoring 50 and also being a mobile rangy defender who can switch onto anyone else as needed/required by GSW defense.

Jokic can't do that and DEN lost.

Vucevic can't do that and CHI lost.

Gobert can't do that and UTA is about to lose, imo.*

*although Gobert comes a lot closer than Vuc and Jokic. Gobert works well everywhere but way out on the perimeter.

Dray is the goat switch defender, him switching at the right time was also important at certain plays during the series. But his defense on Joker in the last 3 games wasn't good. The bigger issue was that he was getting completely punked around the rim and probably had his worst career series there. He had 1 offensive rebound during the series. Not averaged 1, but one, singular off rebound the entire series.

As for him allowing to play Joker straight, that I'm not buying. Suns did that a lot last PS and actually slowed him down. Ayton did a significantly better job than Draymond. Joker had his best offensive season in his playoff career vs, that's the reality. That was without his 2 best offensive players which should have been even easier to gameplan around him to slow him down.

But sure, we should applaud Draymond for Joker only having his best offensive series of his whole career and not averaging 50 on the team. Which he's never done against anyone before.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#25 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:07 pm

Quazza wrote:
cpower wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Draymond edges out *very* slightly over Steph.

Steph closed the deal in Game 5.

But without Draymond being able to play 5 against MVP Jokic, you don’t get the switches and situations where Steph can put the series to bed. And Draymond did this for 5 games enabling everything.

As great as Steph was, we won 3 games with Poole starting. Draymond doing the same thing those 3 games too.

Draymond gets my vote for series MVP.

1. Draymond
1.5 Steph

3. Poole
3.5 Wiggins
3.5 Klay

I give Poole number 3 because he was the top 2-3 factor why we went up 3-0. He slipped off in G4 and G5. But I’d rather see 3 great performances and be 3-0, than 4-5 “good” performances but not be in a 3-0 position.

Draymond did not do anything about Joker though. Joker is 31/14/6 on 64%TS.. Draymond has been good but not series MVP for sure, and g5 was pretty rough for him.

Wrong.

Not sure what it finished at but over the first few games Jokic was shooting 33% while guarded one on one by dray . He was over 60% against the rest of the team

The first 2 games, Dray's defense was exceptional. I do think one of the issues was as usual, when one team goes ahead.. the zebras begin to referee games differently. When Dray was allowed to be super aggressive, he really slowed Joker down in those 2 games. The zebras were essentially touching ticky tacky fouls for small things or as I'd like to call it, how Giannis gets treated every single game. :lol: Even the last game, there was a bunch of 50:50 and some weird calls going Denver's way, which is one of the old and most broken things about the sport. Team gets a big lead in the playoffs, and the commissioner will do his job to try to extend it for more money. Joker learned how to play vs Dray by the 3rd game and after that, he flat out punked Draymond. He was even punking him with 1 leg in the 4th during the closing game, but again the stripes also played some role in the way they were reffing both teams (allow physical contact one way, ticky tacky fouls the other).
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,981

Post#26 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:08 pm

On/Off per 100 possessions numbers:

1. Draymond +43.8
2. Steph +21.4
3. GPII +13.5
4. Wiggins +12.3
5. OPJ +3.2
6. Klay -1.4
7. Looney -12.8
8. Iggy -13.5
9. Bjelica -17.5
10. Poole -19.3

My ratings:

1a. Draymond
1b. Steph
3. Wiggins
4-6: GPII, Poole, Klay
7. OPJ -- as much as people can point out his flaws, lineups worked with him in. That counts for something.
8: Looney -- tough spot but he was more of a warm body for fouls to be deposited on than anything.

Now part of this is because Poole got hurt, his shooting touch looks bothered the past 2 games. It's also interesting that we didn't go on bigger runs when Poole was in the game shooting absurd FG%s. GPII was great but didn't get as much playtime as he should have.

Draymond was crucial, allowed us to hurt the rest of the Nuggets big time. Jokic was -16.5 on/off and Cousins, whom Dray didn't guard much, was +8.9
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#27 » by TB » Tue May 3, 2022 6:07 pm

Its Steph. Dray can take the trophy home for his mantle just like Andre and KD have, but its always Steph. :)
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,905

Post#28 » by Kobe187 » Thu May 5, 2022 12:25 am

1. Green
2. Poole
3. Curry
4. Wiggins
5. GP3/Thompson
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#29 » by Impuniti » Sat May 21, 2022 6:30 am

I'm still waiting for Draymond to show up this PS.

I'm not surprised Warrior fans put Dray on a pedestal through the power of delusion. After the first 2 games, he's gotten absolutely cooked by Joker who had his greatest offensive playoff series of his career. What happened next? JJJ, who dray defended had the greatest PS series of his career all the while he has his worst series of his entire career. Hopefully Dray as the self-proclaimed best defender of all time will do his best to not allow Brunson the same fate.

Maybe he can defend him better than the Jazz perimeter defenders who are the worst in the league.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#30 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat May 21, 2022 6:46 am

Id like a re-poll.

Return to Golden State Warriors