Lead Assistant
And1: 6,951

Re: Thoughts on that DISASTER of a Game 5 

Post#61 » by DonaldSanders » Fri May 13, 2022 7:05 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
Agree.

This series has one all time great and Super Star. If he doesn't show up and LEAD this team to the next round, then I think the "Curry can't carry/lead a team without other Super stars" is confirmed.

No more excuses. Show up or own the label.

C'mon bruh, get this **** out of here. We won the chip in 2014/5, if you're gonna do this stuff please keep it to the general board as you're a Sac fan, not a Warrior fan.

So you are another in the camp of "you can't question Curry?"

And if he rolls out two more stinkers and the team loses after being up 3-1...Is it still not okay to call out the best player on the team?

I've been a Warriors fan since Larry Smith and Gerome Whitehead....so don't "bruh" me. Rooting for this team during a crap load of 21 WIN seasons.

Curry has had a down season the entire year (and yes....even when Warriors had the early run). I called it then and I see it now...he hasn't, for whatever, brought his A game so far this playoff run.

If he comes out and has a strong game, EVEN if the Warriors lose, I'll recognize that too.

Difference between a blind homer and a fan of the Warriors and the game.

You described yourself as a Kings fan in another thread, now you're claiming to be a Warriors fan, maybe as your secondary favorite team? The argument you're making is not one almost any GS fan makes. It's an argument non GS fans make all the time -- that the 2014-2015 chip is an "asterisk" chip and doesn't count.

You can question Curry but not in stupid ways. Curry is older now, he's not as good as 2-time MVP Curry. Anyone can go watch highlights of his MVP seasons and see that.

However, Curry already won without another superstar, there's no asterisk to 2014-2015. This is why I told you to get this crap out of here, because it's a lame argument. I don't asterisk the Raptors 2018-2019 championship either, it's just silly.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#62 » by Onus » Fri May 13, 2022 7:32 pm

I hope we get angry Steph with Ja mocking him with the 1234.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#63 » by a8bil » Fri May 13, 2022 8:38 pm

DevinVassell wrote:You think threes were the problem? We lost by 39 points. THIRTY NINE.

Dubs hit 14 threes to the Grizs 18.

We were out rebounded 37 to 55 and had a massive 22 tos to 9.
Rebounds and TOs were atrocious for sure, but so was the 3 pt shooting of our starters. Take away the garbage time 3 pt shots and GSW was under 30% while the Grizzlies were mid-40s on a similar number of shots (GSW slightly less). Add to that a big disparity in the number of shots and you have the makings of a blow out.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#64 » by B-King » Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 pm

If Porter can't go tonight, we need the rest of the team to pick up on the rebounding effort. Dubs need to execute and hope Mike Brown doesn't go off the deep end with substitution pattern.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#65 » by DevinVassell » Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
TB wrote:I will never understand how something a player does in year 10+ sparks idiotic comments about "who they are" when they already have a decade or more of proof of their legacy.

Anything Steph does now is icing on the cake of his career.
Anything Chris Paul does now is icing on the cake of his career.
Everything Lebron has done since like age 35 is just icing on the cake.

Any failure isn't a knock on their legacy, its just that they are probably doing what every other player in their mid-late 30s does... head towards the end of their career. Now, can they INCREASE their legacy? Of course. It would be massive if Paul gets ring number 1 or if Steph gets his 4th. But Paul failing in game 7 this weekend wouldn't prove he chokes big games... his prime already proved that :)

Sorry but this is a loser's mentality. Curry is on the cusp of really rarefied air. I don't want to hear talk of it's enough and that he has nothing more to play for. He has a lot more to play for. If he believes the crap you are spouting and plays less than his potential then he will deserve to be less that what he could be.

Lol, he signed a four year MAX extension. He better play up to his potential.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#66 » by WarriorGM » Fri May 13, 2022 11:24 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
TB wrote:I will never understand how something a player does in year 10+ sparks idiotic comments about "who they are" when they already have a decade or more of proof of their legacy.

Any failure isn't a knock on their legacy, its just that they are probably doing what every other player in their mid-late 30s does... head towards the end of their career. Now, can they INCREASE their legacy? Of course. It would be massive if Paul gets ring number 1 or if Steph gets his 4th. But Paul failing in game 7 this weekend wouldn't prove he chokes big games... his prime already proved that :)

Sorry but this is a loser's mentality. Curry is on the cusp of really rarefied air. I don't want to hear talk of it's enough and that he has nothing more to play for. He has a lot more to play for. If he believes the crap you are spouting and plays less than his potential then he will deserve to be less that what he could be.

Peanuts.

The Warriors continue to be the biggest draw because of Curry and he's still not the highest paid player in the league. They could give him another MAX upon his retirement and he'd still have more than made them multiples of what he got paid.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#67 » by TB » Sat May 14, 2022 12:05 am

DevinVassell wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

Lol you guys are acting like I expect Steph to just collect checks and film Holey Moley golf episodes. Of course he's on the cusp of adding to his legacy, I stated that. I'm referencing the earlier comment about if he loses this series it validates the dumb arguments about carrying a team. He has like a decade+ since Davidson of carrying teams, not being able to take over and advance at age 34 doesn't take away his entire career is all I'm saying (plus I personally think he can and will take over multiple games remaining in these playoffs).

I'm not talking about the players mentality, I'm talking fan mentality. Saying that Lebron at age 37 or whatever he is not taking the Lakers to the Play-In wouldn't make me drop him in my all-time rankings. Same with Steph, he's gotten into my top 10, and IF his usual heroics are a thing of the past, thats not going to make me drop him in the rankings. And as I stated, anything he does now can keep moving up that list.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#68 » by DevinVassell » Sat May 14, 2022 12:37 am

WarriorGM wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

Peanuts.

The Warriors continue to be the biggest draw because of Curry and he's still not the highest paid player in the league. They could give him another MAX upon his retirement and he'd still have more than made them multiples of what he got paid.

Peanuts. Thats a great comic.

Nobody was talking about his monetary off court value to the franchise.... Pay him 200M a year, whatever. You can add it to the 40M he makes in off-court endorsements per year.

The point is... when you don't leave one cent on the table you probably weakened the rest of the roster, decreased your chance of winning and took money out of all your mates pockets who probably need a payday just a tad more than you. Does he need his 42nd house so badly that he just automatically takes MAX again. Thanks a bunch for the discount Steph. For me it's just a little bit of a middle finger to the fans from our 12yr one team vet. Gotta gets yours at all costs. But again whatever.

Lets see if he can play up to his MAXIMUM potential and carry the team at 36, 37, 38.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#69 » by shazam_guy » Wed May 18, 2022 8:43 pm

Curry already signed once to an extremely cheap contract (because of ankle worries, if you've forgotten) when he could have pushed his way off the team and found a big contract elsewhere. You don't think the Knicks or Charlotte would have taken a risk on his health like the Warriors did? But he didn't, which is precisely why the Ws have all those championship rings.

The @$#!* some people find to complain about...
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#70 » by DevinVassell » Sat May 21, 2022 12:01 pm

Lol, that's a lame argument. Curry is owed forever because his original contract was so cheap?

Do you remember he was constantly injured at the time? There was no guarantee he could even play long term. The Warriors were taking a huge risk at the time... so they met in the middle on the contract. It was fair on both sides considering the circumstances. Move on.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#71 » by Impuniti » Sat May 21, 2022 2:36 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:

Peanuts.

Peanuts. Thats a great comic.

Nobody was talking about his monetary off court value to the franchise.... Pay him 200M a year, whatever. You can add it to the 40M he makes in off-court endorsements per year.

The point is... when you don't leave one cent on the table you probably weakened the rest of the roster, decreased your chance of winning and took money out of all your mates pockets who probably need a payday just a tad more than you. Does he need his 42nd house so badly that he just automatically takes MAX again. Thanks a bunch for the discount Steph. For me it's just a little bit of a middle finger to the fans from our 12yr one team vet. Gotta gets yours at all costs. But again whatever.

Lets see if he can play up to his MAXIMUM potential and carry the team at 36, 37, 38.

Would have been nice if he put a discount, but he was the best player in the world getting paid 12m?/year a while ago. If it wasn't for that, I'd be with you. But because of that, he should be getting his.

There is someone right now in the Warriors that's not playing anywhere near his contract, but people aren't talking about it because of the implications it could mean. :oops:

Return to Golden State Warriors