ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it time for some fans to start eating their crow?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Re: Is it time for some fans to start eating their crow? 

Post#81 » by shazam_guy » Fri May 20, 2022 7:38 pm

I liked Moody even at #7, so I'm obviously not anti-Moody. But meanwhile, we're doing quite well this year -- deep playoff run, not over -- while giving Kuminga and Wiseman (the second not by choice) a chance to make a difference in the future.

I'm fine with that. I don't see such a glaring difference between Wagner's current contributions and Kuminga's that I think we made a mistake not drafting for win-now with both picks, even if Wagner is the more ready this moment. And potential, Kuminga's is still higher than Wagner's.

I find it a little silly that people always demand what are basically comps -- what is he going to be? -- about young players when many of the best players (like Giannis, or Luka, or Westbrook when he was still good) pretty much created their own standard. Kuminga has the potential to do that. I don't think Wagner does.

What did people say about Draymond or Steph when they started? Not "league-changing", that's for damn sure. Curry was a small but talented PG. Green was a too-small power forward without much offense. Then they both created their own standards.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Re: Is it time for some fans to start eating their crow? 

Post#82 » by cdubbz » Sat May 21, 2022 12:18 am

a8bil wrote:This is posted in the spirit of fun...we're all fans of GSW and have the same objective of seeing the team succeed. That said, this year more than many, there was quite the divergence on what path the team should take. There was a loud faction calling for the team to trade Dray for Simmons, to move on from Klay, to trading Kuminga/Wiseman/toilet paper for the next big thing. Others said stay the course. Well, here we are in the conference finals. To me, that's a big win on the season. Would love to see another championship, but just to get here is a big accomplishment. So...who wants to step up and voluntarily eat their crow for the naysayer takes early in the season? Queue up fans.. :P

Honestly during the Hornets collapse in the play in games this year -- I am cool off Lamelo Ball and am okay with whatever James Wiseman turns into.

Lamelo would have been amazing imo still for the Warriors especially with Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green lineup.I just no longer have the dislike for Wiseman and passing in Lamelo.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors