ImageImageImageImageImage

If the Dubs falter, then who do you want to win it all?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

If the Dubs falter, then who do you want to win it all? 

Post#1 » by Old_Blue » Tue May 17, 2022 4:33 am

We all want to see the Warriors take home a fourth title in eight years. However, if by chance they lose to Luka and the Mavs, then who do you want to win the championship? Note, I'm not asking who you THINK would win a ring...but rather, who you would WANT to win a ring (other than the Warriors).

For me, that team would be the Mavs. Luka is carrying his team. It would be a tremendous accomplishment for him to bring a championship to an otherwise mediocre team.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Re: If the Dubs falter, then who do you want to win it all? 

Post#2 » by GunnerWRX » Tue May 17, 2022 4:43 am

If your wife or gf ditches you, who do you want her to be with?
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,911

Post#3 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 17, 2022 5:22 am

probably Boston.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#4 » by shazam_guy » Tue May 17, 2022 6:48 am

Whoever has Tacko Fall.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,390

Post#5 » by svart » Tue May 17, 2022 6:49 am

For me is always Miami after the dubs
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#6 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue May 17, 2022 6:58 am

If it isn’t thevWarriors winning it all then it is the Celtics winning the championship
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#7 » by Coxy » Tue May 17, 2022 8:25 am

Miami
Boston
Dallas

The Celtics have a bagillion titles, and Marcus Smart sucks balls. Miami have a great culture, a few titles, I like them. Dallas, I really like, but I can’t have floppy Luka winning. Even with Boban on the team, just can’t have the white Harden winning. This will be magnified for me further this series with Doncic being shot by snipers every possession , I just can’t stand it.

If none of these, I’d like to see the Kings win, as it’s about as close as they’ve ever been.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#8 » by donkeylips » Tue May 17, 2022 9:00 pm

the heat. i like spolestra, butler and bam.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#9 » by and1GS » Tue May 17, 2022 10:09 pm

I like every team left in the playoffs. If the Suns can't win it and the warriors have a shot, I'm already on cloud nine.

Luka would be nice just so he can tell people to shove it after all the 'out of shape' criticism. Boston I guess would be my least preferable winner, solely because Bill Simmons would never shut up about it. Said this was the best defense of all time statistically and that Tatum is easily a top 5 player. He doesn't even scratch top 7 for me. In no specific order, Steph, Giannis, LeBron, Embiid, Jokic, Durant, Doncic. Then you could make a case for Tatum over Kawhi and Ja. Not a good one IMO, but you could make that case. AD I don't count because dude barely plays.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#10 » by TB » Tue May 17, 2022 10:11 pm

I'm just happy that all my petty enemies from being a Steph homer are eliminated...

No Lebron.
No Paul.
No Harden.
No Kyrie.
I hate adding KD to this, but I really didn't want to deal with the narratives of KD winning with Kyrie.

So we either get Steph adding to his accolades, or the league gets a young superstar like Tatum, Luka, or Bam a title. Obviously Jimmy one of the remaining "vet" stars, but him and Bam are sort of the star level guys for them and Bam deserves way more love nationally.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#11 » by floppymoose » Tue May 17, 2022 10:22 pm

Santa Cruz
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#12 » by osx28 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:24 am

Coxy wrote:Miami
Boston
Dallas

The Celtics have a bagillion titles, and Marcus Smart sucks balls. Miami have a great culture, a few titles, I like them. Dallas, I really like, but I can’t have floppy Luka winning. Even with Boban on the team, just can’t have the white Harden winning. This will be magnified for me further this series with Doncic being shot by snipers every possession , I just can’t stand it.

If none of these, I’d like to see the Kings win, as it’s about as close as they’ve ever been.

I'd take the Celtics just so that they can break the tie with the lakers on the all time list and laker fans have one less thing to brag about.
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#13 » by shza » Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 am

Jimmy Butler / Heat 100%. I say this as someone whose only geographic connection to any other team is to Boston. (I went to Harvard for law school in the Paul Pierce / Antoine Walker era — when tickets were CHEAP — and rooted for the Cs then; only Boston team I rooted for — I was there for the first Brady super bowl and the first Red Sox title after the Curse of the Bambino and I actively rooted against those teams. Rooting against the Celtics now; but I think they’ll win against the Heat and they are the team that worries me most vs the Dubs).
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,742

Post#14 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri May 20, 2022 12:51 pm

Dallas, I like Luka and Dirk. Cuban not so much, but nobody's perfect.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#15 » by Frozzy » Fri May 20, 2022 6:13 pm

I'm surprised by some of you guys picking the Celtics. No fanbase becomes more obnoxious than Celts fans when they beat us in regular season games.

Personally wouldn't mind the Heat winning it all. I respect Luka but his fans a too little rabid right now and Jason Kidd is a POS wife beater.

Return to Golden State Warriors