Only 3 TOs from Klay? Can’t be.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,902

Re: WCF Game 1: GSW vs DAL 

Post#362 » by whatisacenter » Thu May 19, 2022 4:13 am

azwfan wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
azwfan wrote:Any victory is a good victory. The blowout victories are especially nice because they don't cause me any stress.
Long ways to go for this series.
Back to looking at draft prospects...

starting to really like Jalen Williams.

He was one of the first prospects I looked at and was really impressed really with. Think he's still top on my list of wings hopefully available at our slot. Although I'm liking the kid from Duke the more I see, I think I still have Jalen on top.

Wendell? I like him to. There are a handful of players whe should be available when the Warriors pick at 28 that I like and a couple who I would be thrilled with if they fell.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#363 » by xdrta+ » Thu May 19, 2022 4:14 am

FNQ wrote:Not kidding: I'd rather see Chiozza play in garbo time than JTA

Two-ways are not eligible in the playoffs.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#364 » by FNQ » Thu May 19, 2022 4:14 am

whatisacenter wrote:
azwfan wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:starting to really like Jalen Williams.

He was one of the first prospects I looked at and was really impressed really with. Think he's still top on my list of wings hopefully available at our slot. Although I'm liking the kid from Duke the more I see, I think I still have Jalen on top.

Wendell? I like him to. There are a handful of players whe should be available when the Warriors pick at 28 that I like and a couple who I would be thrilled with if they fell.

Or Keels? I like Keels over Moore but admittedly havent deep dived into either
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#365 » by and1GS » Thu May 19, 2022 4:25 am

GunnerWRX wrote:Only 3 TOs from Klay? Can’t be.
There was another one that didn't go against him. It kinda popped into his hands after a Mavs deflection but technically we didn't have possession. It was an easy one to catch though.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#366 » by WESCO » Thu May 19, 2022 4:26 am

We won so decisively you guys are talking about our 28th pick

Blessed

:lol:
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#367 » by Coxy » Thu May 19, 2022 4:27 am

GunnerWRX wrote:Only 3 TOs from Klay? Can’t be.

They were highlight reel turnovers though, sensationally bad.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#368 » by Coxy » Thu May 19, 2022 4:28 am

Listening to Wiggins in the presser, he's talking as confidently as I've ever heard him. It's great.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#369 » by WESCO » Thu May 19, 2022 4:32 am

Coxy wrote:Listening to Wiggins in the presser, he's talking as confidently as I've ever heard him. It's great.

Absolutely love how engaged he is playing.

He knows and understands how important he is to us moving forward in this journey for another chip
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#370 » by Onus » Thu May 19, 2022 4:32 am

FNQ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
azwfan wrote:He was one of the first prospects I looked at and was really impressed really with. Think he's still top on my list of wings hopefully available at our slot. Although I'm liking the kid from Duke the more I see, I think I still have Jalen on top.

Keels over Moore, that seems odd. Keels doesn't look good.

We should get a good player at 28, hopefully we get another big wing. After watching wiggins I'm wondering about Kendall Brown, hyper athlete and see if we can teach him to play defense so he can cover a ton of ground
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#371 » by azwfan » Thu May 19, 2022 4:39 am

Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Wendell? I like him to. There are a handful of players whe should be available when the Warriors pick at 28 that I like and a couple who I would be thrilled with if they fell.

We should get a good player at 28, hopefully we get another big wing. After watching wiggins I'm wondering about Kendall Brown, hyper athlete and see if we can teach him to play defense so he can cover a ton of ground

I liked Keels until I looked up his stats and saw his FT% and now I only like him in the 2nd rd. :lol: May be overly simplistic, but I don't want to draft a guard shooting that poorly from the line (I think it was like 65% or something)... especially one who is as physical as he looks to be.
Edit: And yes, I was thinking for Moore.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Onus
RealGM

Post#372 » by Onus » Thu May 19, 2022 4:43 am

azwfan wrote:
Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I liked Keels until I looked up his stats and saw his FT% and now I only like him in the 2nd rd. :lol: May be overly simplistic, but I don't want to draft a guard shooting that poorly from the line (I think it was like 65% or something)... especially one who is as physical as he looks to be.

Yea and then you look at his athletic testing today and I don't even want to draft him. Keels did not have a good season last year. I'm taking Roddy over him every single time.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#373 » by SpreeS » Thu May 19, 2022 4:54 am

I could be wrong, but this remind me 2007 PO, where:

Dallas - Phoenix
GSW - Dallas
UTAH - GSW

After We believe team won against 1st place DAL, we thought UTAH won’t be hard to beat. But we opened all our cards on the table in the 1st rnd and UTAH just played into our cards and we had nothing to offer new.

So my point is, has Dallas something new in the pocket for this series? If not, we needs only to make good homework to win it in 5 or 6.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#374 » by FNQ » Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 am

Onus wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Onus wrote:Keels over Moore, that seems odd. Keels doesn't look good.

Yea and then you look at his athletic testing today and I don't even want to draft him. Keels did not have a good season last year. I'm taking Roddy over him every single time.

He's 6'4 220.. you take Keels because he has basketball skills and a unique body type for those skills. Hes a project, but a really good one that is dropping in mocks

He's an instant offense guard off the bench who's better at absorbing contact.. wont even be 19 on draft day. He underperformed shooting wise in his 1st year in college on a high level team. Has great shooting form and was a celebrated prospect for a reason. Good on-ball and smart overall defender.

The combine shouldnt change anyone's mind about anything really, its controlled testing and means nothing when compared to their actual body of work. The NBA isnt a race or a weightlifting competition
Onus
RealGM

Post#375 » by Onus » Thu May 19, 2022 5:10 am

FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:
azwfan wrote:I liked Keels until I looked up his stats and saw his FT% and now I only like him in the 2nd rd. :lol: May be overly simplistic, but I don't want to draft a guard shooting that poorly from the line (I think it was like 65% or something)... especially one who is as physical as he looks to be.

He's 6'4 220.. you take Keels because he has basketball skills and a unique body type for those skills. Hes a project, but a really good one that is dropping in mocks

He's an instant offense guard off the bench who's better at absorbing contact.. wont even be 19 on draft day. He underperformed shooting wise in his 1st year in college on a high level team. Has great shooting form and was a celebrated prospect for a reason. Good on-ball and smart overall defender.

The combine shouldnt change anyone's mind about anything really, its controlled testing and means nothing when compared to their actual body of work. The NBA isnt a race or a weightlifting competition

But his actual body of work from college wasn’t good. So what are falling back on? HS tape where he was the best athlete by Miles only to find out he’s not an elite athlete in college and won’t be in the nba.

Roddy has a unique body type and has actual skills as well. He has has a high motor and wants to dominate you physically. 6’6” 260 and he’s actually physical and knows how to use his weight.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#376 » by FNQ » Thu May 19, 2022 5:23 am

Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:Yea and then you look at his athletic testing today and I don't even want to draft him. Keels did not have a good season last year. I'm taking Roddy over him every single time.

But his actual body of work from college wasn’t good. So what are falling back on? HS tape where he was the best athlete by Miles only to find out he’s not an elite athlete in college and won’t be in the nba.

His scoring efficiency wasnt good. His floor game is fine. Great for an 18 year old even. Don't Poole the guy because he had a questionable jumper

And his combine, like I said, is irrelevant. When he's on the floor he's smooth for his size. He shouldn't be available at 28, and if he is, has to be considered. Guys who can score at all 3 levels and have the ability to absorb contact - at 18 - are rare. The fact that he can play defense doesn't even have to come into the equation at 28, but he's got that too.

And now that I see Moore is a Junior (I thought he was a freshman)... that's the guy you pick between the two? Thats a really low ceiling kinda player.. especially when a guy like him was ceding the tough shots to the freshmen, if not Paolo then Keels. I'm not into drafting low ceiling wing role players in the draft. Need a much higher ceiling. If we're going with jack-of-all-trades type wings with not much upside, why not just draft Christian Braun? He's better than Moore if we're looking for the right-now guy, and he's had to do it as the top 2 scorer of his team, not 3rd-4th option
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#377 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu May 19, 2022 5:23 am

xdrta+ wrote:
FNQ wrote:Not kidding: I'd rather see Chiozza play in garbo time than JTA

Two-ways are not eligible in the playoffs.

Yep. The NBA made that rule in early 2022 when they realized that Steve Kerr might actually play Chris Chiozza in the playoffs.

It's called the Chiozza rule.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Onus
RealGM

Post#378 » by Onus » Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 am

FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:

His scoring efficiency wasnt good. His floor game is fine. Great for an 18 year old even. Don't Poole the guy because he had a questionable jumper

And his combine, like I said, is irrelevant. When he's on the floor he's smooth for his size. He shouldn't be available at 28, and if he is, has to be considered. Guys who can score at all 3 levels and have the ability to absorb contact - at 18 - are rare. The fact that he can play defense doesn't even have to come into the equation at 28, but he's got that too.

And now that I see Moore is a Junior (I thought he was a freshman)... that's the guy you pick between the two? Thats a really low ceiling kinda player.. especially when a guy like him was ceding the tough shots to the freshmen, if not Paolo then Keels. I'm not into drafting low ceiling wing role players in the draft. Need a much higher ceiling. If we're going with jack-of-all-trades type wings with not much upside, why not just draft Christian Braun? He's better than Moore if we're looking for the right-now guy, and he's had to do it as the top 2 scorer of his team, not 3rd-4th option

I really wouldn’t want to draft either but at least with Moore he’s got a role. Good defender and can pass. Shooting is a question mark but not as big as keels. Keels is a big question mark that you hope you can develop to be a role player. Can’t shoot, can’t finish. Is small not athletic, he was worse than drew timme, that’s bad.

There should be much better options at 28, jalen Williams, jake laravia, ej Liddell.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#379 » by FNQ » Thu May 19, 2022 5:57 am

Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:But his actual body of work from college wasn’t good. So what are falling back on? HS tape where he was the best athlete by Miles only to find out he’s not an elite athlete in college and won’t be in the nba.

I really wouldn’t want to draft either but at least with Moore he’s got a role. Good defender and can pass. Shooting is a question mark but not as big as keels. Keels is a big question mark that you hope you can develop to be a role player. Can’t shoot, can’t finish. Is small not athletic, he was worse than drew timme, that’s bad.

There should be much better options at 28, jalen Williams, jake laravia, ej Liddell.

Probably not interested him over what will be there, but he can’t finish? That’s what he’s best at.. and he is very athletic, you mean he’s not especially fast at the combine, which means nothing at the NBA level. He plays the game fast, and his strength is unquestionable. Athleticism means nothing if you can’t use it in the game. Combine is really only useful for measurements, not drills anyways

Moore’s 2nd season was comparable to Keels’ first, and he’s always had a lesser role.. Keels could step into the NBA tomorrow and be a Josh Hart type that can score enough and capably defend 1-3, with lots of upside remaining.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#380 » by FNQ » Thu May 19, 2022 6:17 am

Oh by the way 538

Spoiler:
**** lol

Return to Golden State Warriors