ImageImageImageImageImage

Props To Moody

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Re: Props To Moody 

Post#21 » by GswStorm3 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:49 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:While I hated seeing Lee out there typically he doesn't **** the bed this bad. Moody looked better than Lee almost ever does, time to stick with Moody.

Moses looked great, I assume he is taking all the DLee minutes. Those DLee minutes and the Bertans scuffle were soooo embarrassing. We went -12 in the 5 minutes he was in the game, he absolutely sucked all the momentum and energy from us.

Long term he should never ever see another playoff minute. Moody is ready. Lee can be a 15th man/mascot, I don't want to see him play another serious minute again.

Agreed. What the hell was he doing trying to step over Bertans? Ridiculous antics from Lee.

Like you said that got Dallas fired up and gave them the momentum.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#22 » by EvanZ » Sat May 21, 2022 11:26 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Moody might be the last rookie left in the postseason. Pretty incredible all around.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=47wqhdKhfqzrunkoQsWDgA

Kuminga?

As of right now Moody is the last rookie to play.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#23 » by B-King » Sun May 22, 2022 12:27 am

Props to the coaching staff getting him ready to contribute and he looked good. I wonder if they are giving Kuminga a subtle message. Kuminga has been a up and down. I just wished he sold out a little more defensively. He looks a little tentative on that side. This is a very minor criticism as I think he will get there.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#24 » by shazam_guy » Sun May 22, 2022 6:42 am

I'm not worried about either of them, and I'm glad they're both on a good team and not being thrown in at the deep end. I think we'll see a lot of good stuff from both of them next year.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#25 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 24, 2022 1:19 am

Moody even looks good when he's missing open shots. He's on balance, in the right spot with hands ready. He'll knock those down.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#26 » by FNQ » Tue May 24, 2022 7:36 pm

Want to just note that if Moody and Lee switch roles for game 4.. dont think anyone should have a problem with that. Moody wasn't good just by the eye test in G3, but the deep dive... it was worse. He did play better with the starters, as you'd expect from his archetype, but its just not realistic that we'd throw him in with them just to raise his level of play.

I'd expect Lee, maybe even some JTA, to take those minutes back tonight
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,445

Post#27 » by Big J » Tue May 24, 2022 7:50 pm

I'd like to see Kuminga get some minutes tonight with Otto out. Moody puts too much pressure on himself, whereas Kuminga seems more loose.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#28 » by EvanZ » Wed May 25, 2022 1:34 pm

Moody was good last night. Kuminga makes too many bonehead decisions. They actually might have caught up to Dallas if they had taken him out sooner.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Big J
General Manager

Post#29 » by Big J » Wed May 25, 2022 3:47 pm

EvanZ wrote:Moody was good last night. Kuminga makes too many bonehead decisions. They actually might have caught up to Dallas if they had taken him out sooner.

The hell are you on? Kuminga was one of the main reasons for the comeback.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by EvanZ » Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Moody was good last night. Kuminga makes too many bonehead decisions. They actually might have caught up to Dallas if they had taken him out sooner.

Yes, and then he helped blow it. You need to watch better.
Big J
General Manager

Post#31 » by Big J » Wed May 25, 2022 5:41 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:

Because he committed a charge? They wouldn’t have been in the game without the guy. Hell, Moody almost blew game 3 because he was scared **** to shoot.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#32 » by EvanZ » Wed May 25, 2022 9:37 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:

Because he committed a charge? They wouldn’t have been in the game without the guy. Hell, Moody almost blew game 3 because he was scared **** to shoot.

Kuminga plays selfishly and it shows. They had a path to cutting that lead even more. He passed up several obvious opportunities to find wide open shooters, including Moody, on his drives. But no, he decided to force the issue. It's very obvious. Keep making excuses for him though.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#33 » by TB » Wed May 25, 2022 9:55 pm

I think Kuminga is just trying to make an impact the best way he knows how, which is scoring. And he's doing it pretty well for a 19 year old kid. He's got the mindset of a Kobe or Melo, for better or worse he wants the ball to go score. Could be his best attribute down the road.

Moody is impacting the game the best way he knows how at this age, which is focusing on limiting mistakes and being in the right places. Also incredibly impressive for a 19 year old. Just like how Kuminga has faults, Moody right now probably could use a little of Kuminga's mentality to attack and be confident in scoring. But again, these are 19 year olds trying their best to help the Dubs win a title.

I get much more frustrated by poor decisions by Lee, JTA, Beli, or even our core guys. They should know better.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#34 » by Ilovethebay » Wed May 25, 2022 10:12 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Kuminga plays selfishly and it shows. They had a path to cutting that lead even more. He passed up several obvious opportunities to find wide open shooters, including Moody, on his drives. But no, he decided to force the issue. It's very obvious. Keep making excuses for him though.

This is a horrible take. Did he make mistakes, yes. But he had a positive impact on the game. For a guy who got his first real WCS action at 19 you are being incredibly harsh. Can’t you stan for Moody without putting down our other promising rookie?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#35 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed May 25, 2022 11:19 pm

he got stripped easily on a drive once, outside of that I didn't feel like JK made any major mistakes. He played great, he had that one floater that went in n out that would have cut it to 8 but it after it rimmed out the Mavs came down and got 2 FTs to make it a 12 point game. That was the killer.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#36 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu May 26, 2022 12:45 am

I like Lee.
Lee was upbeat and energetic in our 15 win year.
Lee still makes less mistakes than Moody but Moody will quickly pass Lee next year. Lee can still have the last roster spot and could be useful if injuries strike. But Moody actually might become a starter quality player by the middle of next year. For Lee’s sake I hope there is plenty of garbage time next year.

Congratulations Moody, you pretty much are a sure thing. Damn the Warriors are deep.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by FNQ » Thu May 26, 2022 2:14 am

TB wrote:I think Kuminga is just trying to make an impact the best way he knows how, which is scoring. And he's doing it pretty well for a 19 year old kid. He's got the mindset of a Kobe or Melo, for better or worse he wants the ball to go score. Could be his best attribute down the road.

Moody is impacting the game the best way he knows how at this age, which is focusing on limiting mistakes and being in the right places. Also incredibly impressive for a 19 year old. Just like how Kuminga has faults, Moody right now probably could use a little of Kuminga's mentality to attack and be confident in scoring. But again, these are 19 year olds trying their best to help the Dubs win a title.

I get much more frustrated by poor decisions by Lee, JTA, Beli, or even our core guys. They should know better.

100%, and I'm ok with people qualifying him as a 19 year old, raw, etc.. during the regular season. But there are some people here who wedge his age and talent level into the conversation in the playoffs... time and place. This isn't development time any more, and frankly he should be graded this way all the time. It's just much more forgivable if he plays bad and still gets run, if its the regular season.

But I thought he played fine until the ends of his shifts. And yes those did drag him down pretty quickly, so that can easily be attributed to Kerr. He also had several unaware/selfish moments as Evan noted, and its important to note those things. Have we seen a noticeable spike in his awareness off the dribble, his defense, his rebounding.. since the year started? I guess its arbitrary based on what people expect, but I really only saw jumpshot efficiency/accuracy improve. Everything else seems pretty close to the guy we drafted. We'll know a lot more about his work ethic and BBIQ when next season starts, thats for certain
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by FNQ » Thu May 26, 2022 2:16 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I like Lee.
Lee was upbeat and energetic in our 15 win year.
Lee still makes less mistakes than Moody but Moody will quickly pass Lee next year. Lee can still have the last roster spot and could be useful if injuries strike. But Moody actually might become a starter quality player by the middle of next year. For Lee’s sake I hope there is plenty of garbage time next year.

Congratulations Moody, you pretty much are a sure thing. Damn the Warriors are deep.

And, although its not that meaningful, its also not nothing: Lee seems to understand how garbo time works and who its for. As a veteran stopgap/3rd string wing, and garbage time old hat, we should be fine with brining him back from a fan standpoint. And thats good, because it was happening whether we liked it or not
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#39 » by weekend_warrior » Thu May 26, 2022 9:42 am

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:

Others have commented on this already but anyways...

You realize that Dallas had a 29 point lead at the start of the 4th quarter? Mainly gained on our starting unit by the way. Such a lead is basically impossible to erase in 1 quarter of play. The scoring average is below 29 points per team. That means that you need to play absolutely perfect and the other team basically cannot score anything anymore. That would be a once in a lifetime event. The fact that they cut the lead to 8 was already a miracle. That unit did a great job. Then 1-2 offensive possessions didn't pan out and Dallas finally scored a bit and it was over.

So see the positive and don't try to push your agenda to dock a player.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#40 » by clyde21 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:46 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:he got stripped easily on a drive once, outside of that I didn't feel like JK made any major mistakes. He played great, he had that one floater that went in n out that would have cut it to 8 but it after it rimmed out the Mavs came down and got 2 FTs to make it a 12 point game. That was the killer.

biggest issue with Minga other than his general BBIQ at this point is his hands, something he can work on tho good hands is something you usually have or dont.

Return to Golden State Warriors