ImageImageImageImageImage

WCF Game 5: GSW vs DAL

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Re: WCF Game 5: GSW vs DAL 

Post#381 » by WarriorGM » Sat May 28, 2022 11:20 am

Was happy for Bjelly that he got to see some action especially as a Euro MVP vs. a Euro MVP. Wished I was able to see more threes from him during the season like the one he dropped from far out in this game. The next round doesn't seem to offer many match up opportunities for him but I guess we'll have to see.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,444

Post#382 » by Big J » Sat May 28, 2022 12:41 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Serious question: Who would you prefer as the Warriors starting center. Bam Adebayo or Kevon Looney?

Bam is like a Looney with a vertical jump.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#383 » by Scoots1994 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:51 pm

Big J wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Serious question: Who would you prefer as the Warriors starting center. Bam Adebayo or Kevon Looney?

Bam is like a Looney with a vertical jump.

I think Bam is a little inconsistent compared to Looney, but he's also more aggressive on offense.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 87

Post#384 » by Scotty2Hotty » Sat May 28, 2022 2:42 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:The Warriors turned the ball over FAR less against the Mavs than the Griz ...

The home run passes and the Draymond circus bounce passes that I and others complained about against the Griz nearly vanished against the Mavs. I said in a Griz thread then that hopefully those turnover-prone passes were things they scouted that would work against the Griz and that hopefully they would stop attempting against the Mavs. Got my wish.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior

Post#385 » by Scotty2Hotty » Sat May 28, 2022 3:01 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:We need to win the 1st 2 games at home because the Celtics should get better at defending the Warriors as they get more familiar with the strange Warriors offense.

If we win the first two games at home, it's over. I can't see winning both. Celtics are the best in this playoffs on the road at 6-2. I think they'll steal one of the first two. We'll steal one of Game 3/4. It'll make Game 5 ULTRA crucial.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior

Post#386 » by Scotty2Hotty » Sat May 28, 2022 3:12 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Wiggins vs Jimmy Butler or Jason Tatum

Mostly a wash.

Who guards Jaylen Brown? This is why I want the Heat.

We've proven time and again we win series against one guy who scores 30+ every game. LeChoke, Harden, Jokic, Doncic.

Against two guys who score 25+ every game? Much more difficult.
Big J
General Manager

Post#387 » by Big J » Sat May 28, 2022 3:38 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:

Mostly a wash.

We've proven time and again we win series against one guy who scores 30+ every game. LeChoke, Harden, Jokic, Doncic.

I'd stick Draymond on Brown and Klay on Horford. Al mostly hangs out on the perimeter and and shoots corner 3's on offense.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#388 » by Impuniti » Sat May 28, 2022 3:56 pm

WarriorGM wrote:Was happy for Bjelly that he got to see some action especially as a Euro MVP vs. a Euro MVP. Wished I was able to see more threes from him during the season like the one he dropped from far out in this game. The next round doesn't seem to offer many match up opportunities for him but I guess we'll have to see.

Belly's issues are more against super fast players. I feel like he can play vs either team in the finals.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior

Post#389 » by Scotty2Hotty » Sat May 28, 2022 4:04 pm

Big J wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:

Mostly a wash.

I'd stick Draymond on Brown and Klay on Horford. Al mostly hangs out on the perimeter and and shoots corner 3's on offense.

Draymond would foul out by the end of the 3rd Q every game defending a perimeter guy who averages 23/game.

Thus my concern playing the Celtics.
Big J
General Manager

Post#390 » by Big J » Sat May 28, 2022 4:13 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
Big J wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:
Mostly a wash.

Draymond would foul out by the end of the 3rd Q every game defending a perimeter guy who averages 23/game.

He just guarded Brunson who averaged 21.6 in the playoffs this year.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior

Post#391 » by Scotty2Hotty » Sat May 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Big J wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:
Big J wrote:

Which caused Draymond to have to sit sometimes in the 2nd halves.

I didn't mind Draymond guarding Brunson, being a shorter guard who likes the paint. Plus it gave Draymond opportunities at rebounds being already in the paint.

Jaylen Brown is a completely different animal than Brunson and would keep Draymond mostly out of the paint, depleting our already thin options of bigs to rebound.
Big J
General Manager

Post#392 » by Big J » Sat May 28, 2022 5:07 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
Big J wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:

I didn't mind Draymond guarding Brunson, being a shorter guard who likes the paint. Plus it gave Draymond opportunities at rebounds being already in the paint.

Jaylen Brown is a completely different animal than Brunson and would keep Draymond mostly out of the paint, depleting our already thin options of bigs to rebound.

Yea, you might be right. Klay might actually be decent against Jaylen. Isn't Brown sort of a straight line driver who doesn't do much off the ball? Seems like Klay mostly gets in trouble when he's guarding guys who are good at moving off the ball.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,255

Post#393 » by wco81 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:46 pm

Brown is effective at bullying smaller guards. He will drive them into the paint and go through their bodies or jump over them.

Both Brown and Tatum have become good at pushing off but don't get called for it all the times. It's like the Seattle Seahawks who used to hold and commit PI all game but the refs will only call a few of them per game or per every other game.

They're not the only ones doing it of course but just a question of how many times they get called. There was one play early in the game where Tatum drove into the lane defended by Tucker, who either slipped and landed on his back or was pushed. But while Tucker was down, Tatum jumped towards his body, not avoid it and Tucker gets called for the foul, even though Tatum kicked him in the face or head.

But both of them have had red hot shooting games, either hitting 3s off the catch or making a couple of crossover dribbles to pull up over contest. That's when they're dangerous.

Overall they have to be shooting a very high percentage as a team because Grant Williams and Horford have had some big 3-point shooting games. And Smart too, who used to be a bad shooter but he can't be left with wide open looks because he's hitting them now.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#394 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat May 28, 2022 8:21 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:

Mostly a wash.

I am not so impressed with Brown. I think Klay and Poole will do OK with Brown. I am not saying I am an expert in Brown but what I have seen does not scare me.

Brown is long. Brown gets from the 3 point line to the rim quickly when he has an open path. Brown can shoot from the outside on open 3s on a good night. On a bad night Brown misses open 3s.

Brown does not seem to have much shake and bake dance moves to get the first step in a defender to set up his drive. I don’t Brown will even shoot 3s with a hand in his face never mind hit 3s with a hand in his face. I don’t see much if a mid range game from Brown. I don’t see a post up game to take advantage of Poole being smaller. Brown does use his size well to shoot over smaller players but he has no big man post up moves.

Okay is not that much smaller than Brown and Klay still has good foot work. Brown needs to beet Klay with speed and I don’t think brown has the moves to get the first step to beat Klay with speed.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#395 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat May 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
Big J wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:

Draymond is our Free safety middle linebacker, so we don’t want him on Brown.

Brown does not scare me and I think Klay and Poole can handle him. I don’t see Brown as tricky. With Poole I am more concerned with his ability to defend trucky. Poole gives up size but not speed. Klay gives up speed but not size. Klay and Poole give Brown 2 different looks as defenders.

Klay used to defend Kyrie so that Steph did not have to defend Kyrie. Klay knows how to defend guys that are faster than him.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#396 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun May 29, 2022 6:17 pm

Miami doesn’t have enough firepower to beat us. I rather they win tonight. I feel pretty good against both teams though.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#397 » by floppymoose » Mon May 30, 2022 1:23 am

Looking in on BOS/MIA game 7 its currently 8 to 1 on assists, in BOS favor

Return to Golden State Warriors