ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Finals Game 1: GSW vs BOS

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,436

Re: NBA Finals Game 1: GSW vs BOS 

Post#661 » by Big J » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:38 am

It wasn’t really a choke job. Boston won it fair and square. They were making everything they put up. You just have to tip your cap to them and understand they are going to do that all series.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,152

Post#662 » by cpower » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:41 am

GswStorm3 wrote:
Xplatformer wrote:Boston sweeping the Nets...

I'm worried.

They had to grab game one especially with Wiggins winning his matchup with Tatum. Honestly I think we're in trouble.

we are. the only series we won that from down 1 was against OKC in 16. losing g1 meaning we are the underdog now
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#663 » by Nvnervous45 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:44 am

If the celtics shoot 51% from 3 as a team on 41 attempts you tip you cap and realize it was their day. If hortford and white go 6-8 and 5-8 from 3 respectively, you're doomed. Even then we led most of the way. What me worry? Look at my handle!
multo
Rookie
And1: 447

Post#664 » by multo » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:48 am

Is Dray's podcast up yet? Wanna hear his opinion on how he played tonight.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#665 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:53 am

Draymond was a %#*$ disaster, there is no way there should be any game where he is taking the 4th most shots on the team. Dude has not been any good offensively in 7 years. 7 years! Some blame to go around but he’s the reason we lost IMO. But I dunno, maybe Kerr told him to go out there and chuck away.

Defensively we kept sloughing off their 3 point shooters too much yet again, it’s been a problem all year. Yeah, they made the shots so give them credit but that’s a lot more likely to happen when there’s no defender within 6 feet.

Just really disgusted in this game and wasted an excellent Steph performance.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#666 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:54 am

Big J wrote:It wasn’t really a choke job. Boston won it fair and square. They were making everything they put up. You just have to tip your cap to them and understand they are going to do that all series.

Yep. Hate that we lost. But the game just got away with hot shooting. The problem was the Warriors getting a little sloppy for a few minutes. Boston got some wide open looks and that was it.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
multo
Rookie
And1: 447

Post#667 » by multo » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:56 am

Draymond on losing Game 1: "We pretty much dominated the game for the first 41, 42 minutes. We’ll be fine."

Then start by playing much better yourself.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#668 » by nismolos » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:56 am

We were down to the Cavs in the finals (2015) and came back. Not panicking yet. The narrative will change when they lose at home as well. But game 2 is obviously a must win
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#669 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:58 am

HiRez wrote:Draymond was a %#*$ disaster, there is no way there should be any game where he is taking the 4th most shots on the team. Dude has not been any good offensively in 7 years. 7 years! Some blame to go around but he’s the reason we lost IMO. But I dunno, maybe Kerr told him to go out there and chuck away.

Defensively we kept sloughing off their 3 point shooters too much yet again, it’s been a problem all year. Yeah, they made the shots so give them credit but that’s a lot more likely to happen when there’s no defender within 6 feet.

He was bad...no doubt. And he admitted that he had to be better (translation...I stunk) in game 2.

Curry was a beast. Otto and Wiggins were rock solid.

Dray and Poole were awful and Klay was meh. Iggy was....not an offensive threat at all.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#670 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:59 am

HiRez wrote:Draymond was a %#*$ disaster, there is no way there should be any game where he is taking the 4th most shots on the team. Dude has not been any good offensively in 7 years. 7 years! Some blame to go around but he’s the reason we lost IMO. But I dunno, maybe Kerr told him to go out there and chuck away.

I was so pumped with Curry's start. And yes....it feels like his MVP game was wasted.
Big J
General Manager

Post#671 » by Big J » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:59 am

This honestly to me doesn’t even rank that high on bad losses. Boston simply caught fire. There’s not much you can do when Derrick white is hitting 3s when guys are draped all over him.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#672 » by clyde21 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:02 am

hes been a disaster this entire season pretty much, usually his IQ and passing makes up for his lack of scoring repertoire but the passing juice seems to be all but gone at this point.

i honestly don't even know how we're in the finals lol
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#673 » by and1GS » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:03 am

FNQ wrote:
510TWSS wrote:Maybe next game stick to those shooter and let taytum/ brown beat us

You want to bet on them hitting that many 3s? That part wasnt the problem, when that happens you either match it or accept it and move on. Playing a low IQ, low offense lineup to start quarters against the majority of Boston's starters is a horrible coaching error, and Kerr did it TWICE
People complain about Looney and Draymond playing together and providing little on offense...but Iguodala and Draymond is that on steroids. Iguodala got lucky and hit some shots, but he can't run the offense anymore, nobody respects his shot, he won't really rebound, he isn't a lockdown defender anymore and he's an awful FT shooter with honestly very little in the playmaking bucket to make up for it.

The Dray/Iggy 2 man game they had going for a while was vomit inducing hot potato. I think it was those two, Poole, OPJ and Klay. So 2 guys that can competently dribble the ball and 1 that can create his own shot - assuming there is no big on the floor.

Kerr has such a hard on for mid post split action that I don't get why he didn't run it with Jordan/Klay doing the Steph/Klay stuff. And when we did run it, Iggy tried to back Derrick White down and took a contested turnaround 2? What?

If you're going to go all defense in those non Steph minutes the spine of the defense has to be better. You can't do this pseudo small ball crap when we are trying to steal rest minutes. It has to be Looney and Draymond. And hell if you're gonna just tell Klay and Poole to go **** themselves without support, bring Moody in for Iguodala. At least he can potentially hit a shot. But you cannot have two complete offensive zeros in those minutes, both of which aren't in position for offensive rebounds. You're just praying for a 3 barrage at that point.

Iguodala still has a place in the rotation, but it's in selective spurts with multiple shot creators on the floor.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#674 » by azwfan » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:07 am

Big J wrote:This honestly to me doesn’t even rank that high on bad losses. Boston simply caught fire. There’s not much you can do when Derrick white is hitting 3s when guys are draped all over him.

This is true, however; and I may be over exaggerating 2 or 3 plays, but it really seemed like we stopped taking open shots in the 4th quarter after Boston had taken the lead. Like we were shook. Don't see that very often from our group. Yes, Boston kept hitting tough (and then open) 3's, but it spiraled out of control quickly and didn't need to.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#675 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:08 am

Impuniti wrote:I'll be worried in game 2 if there's no adjustments and Boston win again. This was an all timer of a choke job though.

1 minute into the 2nd quarter of game 2, we'll find out how this series is gonna go

Usually I'd say halftime of game 2 of a series you can usually tell whats gonna happen, but I think how Kerr responds to this will be telling.

I will say this though: I wasnt just banging this drum about the non-shooters/dumb defenders lineup all year without cause. When you have 2 of Poole/Klay/Nemo/Kuminga on court at the same time, you need to be offensively dominant to make up for that. When you have a pairing of Draymond/Looney/Iguodala/GP2/Kuminga on the court, you have to be defensively dominant to make up for the lack of shooting - and frankly, you have to have at least one player who can create their own shot because the opposing team can ignore 2 players on our offense.

It's utterly inexcusable for the head coach not to know this trend at this point in the season. This isnt even a player tracking thing, this is a lineups thing that anyone could work out. I'm baffled at how stupid this is, honestly. Take it home, Fry:

Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 446

Post#676 » by Romulus » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:08 am

Onus wrote:If the cs shoot like that good luck

Warriors made it easy for them. White and Horford were left wide up all night.
Big J
General Manager

Post#677 » by Big J » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:27 am

Romulus wrote:

With good reason. White has been trash shooting 3s all playoffs. If he keeps hitting 3s we aren’t winning the series. I’d rather let those guys beat us than see Tatum go off.
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,553

Post#678 » by The KnicksFix » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:11 am

Kerr sitting Steph to start the second for that long js maddening. Sitting him and wigs and looney for that long in the fourth as Boston comes back is just plain stupid. Dood better step up his coaching and realize it’s time to let his starters play.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#679 » by clyde21 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:14 am

The KnicksFix wrote:Kerr sitting Steph to start the second for that long js maddening. Sitting him and wigs and looney for that long in the fourth as Boston comes back is just plain stupid. Dood better step up his coaching and realize it’s time to let his starters play.

not gonna happen - part of the reason we lost the 2016 series, Lue maximized LeBron/Kyrie while Kerr stuck to his rotations...lack of in game adjustments to his predetermined sets and rotations is Kerr's biggest flaw as a coach, always has been.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#680 » by Impuniti » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:17 am

Big J wrote:
Romulus wrote:

With good reason. White has been trash shooting 3s all playoffs. If he keeps hitting 3s we aren’t winning the series. I’d rather let those guys beat us than see Tatum go off.

And Al is shooting better than anyone in the PS.

Return to Golden State Warriors