Poole and Klay are unplayable together

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,258

Re: Poole and Klay are unplayable together 

Post#21 » by Onus » Sun Jun 5, 2022 7:33 pm

FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:It’s funny been talking to a lot of warriors fans outside of this forum and they still love Klay and Poole. Talked to one that was adamant that Klay was going to get another 40m + contract

lol
if I've learned anything the past 3 years, its that most fans dont know what they're seeing

Nba Forums like this has really killed any desire to go to a bar to talk sports with someone. Which kind of sucks because sports are supposed to be something you can talk casually with someone else and I just have no desire to do small talk about basketball with anyone
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#22 » by HiRez » Sun Jun 5, 2022 7:57 pm

WarriorGM wrote:From looking at the gameflow of Game 1 I have to say I don't really see much of a pattern.

I get the feeling the Celtics just stepped up their game in the fourth quarter and the Dubs coming in were not ready to immediately step up to that level.

I think you’re right but I just don’t understand how that’s possible. It’s the &@$* NBA Finals, if you can’t get up your intensity for that then you have a serious problem as a competitor. It’s a level only a select few players will ever achieve and to not be able to get up for the moment at that point is extremely disappointing. It’s like prime Mamie Van Doren or Jessica Alba are waiting for you in the next room and you’re like eh, I’m gonna go make a sandwich and play Xbox for a while…

Kerr also should have called a time out immediately once it was apparent Boston was going on a run and he didn’t. This is not the time to let them figure it out. You have to shut that down and let them know their intensity & focus is insufficient.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#23 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:36 pm

Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:It’s funny been talking to a lot of warriors fans outside of this forum and they still love Klay and Poole. Talked to one that was adamant that Klay was going to get another 40m + contract

lol
if I've learned anything the past 3 years, its that most fans dont know what they're seeing

Nba Forums like this has really killed any desire to go to a bar to talk sports with someone. Which kind of sucks because sports are supposed to be something you can talk casually with someone else and I just have no desire to do small talk about basketball with anyone

I'm kinda the same way now, though my friends who I usually talk with are close to as obsessed as I am

The worst ones are when I'm meeting someone I dont know and explain what I do and get unsolicited crazy opinions. For example, for the kids' school graduation thing, I had a parent I just met suggest that we look for an Antawn Jamison or Troy Murphy type to replace Draymond - "you know, someone who can get 20 and 10 regularly"

Sitting there with clenched teeth "mmhmm, thatd be nice"

:banghead:
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#24 » by Big J » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:45 pm

FNQ wrote:
Onus wrote:
FNQ wrote:
lol

I'm kinda the same way now, though my friends who I usually talk with are close to as obsessed as I am

The worst ones are when I'm meeting someone I dont know and explain what I do and get unsolicited crazy opinions. For example, for the kids' school graduation thing, I had a parent I just met suggest that we look for an Antawn Jamison or Troy Murphy type to replace Draymond - "you know, someone who can get 20 and 10 regularly"

Sitting there with clenched teeth "mmhmm, thatd be nice"

:banghead:

So like a David Lee :lol:
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#25 » by WarriorGM » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:54 pm

HiRez wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:From looking at the gameflow of Game 1 I have to say I don't really see much of a pattern.

I get the feeling the Celtics just stepped up their game in the fourth quarter and the Dubs coming in were not ready to immediately step up to that level.

I think you’re right but I just don’t understand how that’s possible. It’s the &@$* NBA Finals, if you can’t get up your intensity for that then you have a serious problem as a competitor. It’s a level only a select few players will ever achieve and to not be able to get up for the moment at that point is extremely disappointing. It’s like prime Mamie Van Doren or Jessica Alba are waiting for you in the next room and you’re like eh, I’m gonna go make a sandwich and play Xbox for a while…

Kerr also should have called a time out immediately once it was apparent Boston was going on a run and he didn’t. This is not the time to let them figure it out. You have to shut that down and let them know their intensity & focus is insufficient.

Judging only from the context I get the feeling maybe they were rattled by how quickly their lead evaporated. What calls attention to me about how the 4th quarter developed is that the 4th quarter starters lost ground quickly going -7 but the team stabilized a bit when Curry came on for Poole with the lineup going -1. The Dubs were still leading at that point. This was at an intense sequence where the teams were going shot for shot on multiple possessions with no stops on either side. It's right after that when Wiggins and Looney subbed in for Draymond and Iguodala in the middle of the quarter that the team collapsed. The Celtics make three 3s to take the lead. Draymond re-enters and immediately makes a bad pass that gets stolen by Horford who makes another three. Draymond then misses a three.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#26 » by whocurrz » Mon Jun 6, 2022 5:51 am

I think the idea that they can’t play together is crazy but I do think the idea
that they should Play together with Steph a ton is misconceived. I think one of the two should play with Steph and when sits hopefully they are
Good together. But this team is gonna win with great defense and that defense creating great looks of either Steph hitting open shots or his attention creating easy looks. Defense is ESSENTIAL tho so I don’t think the Steph Klay Poole should be an automatic go to.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#27 » by cpower » Tue Jun 7, 2022 3:19 am

whocurrz wrote:I think the idea that they can’t play together is crazy but I do think the idea
that they should Play together with Steph a ton is misconceived. I think one of the two should play with Steph and when sits hopefully they are
Good together. But this team is gonna win with great defense and that defense creating great looks of either Steph hitting open shots or his attention creating easy looks. Defense is ESSENTIAL tho so I don’t think the Steph Klay Poole should be an automatic go to.

they can play together against 95% of the team but vs elite team you rely more on the defense since today's players is too damn good to be left open. That's why any lineup with GP2 is so much better.. by doing 2 things: 1- add defense intensity 2 - forcing the FGs to go to Curry who is a better finisher anyway.

Return to Golden State Warriors