ImageImageImageImageImage

What do we need to fix for Game 2?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Re: What do we need to fix for Game 2? 

Post#21 » by Kuya » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:32 am

Less jumpers from Draymond, increase Steph's minutes, decrease Poole's minutes. Maybe increase Otto's minutes too.

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#22 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:36 am

I think moody should get a look while gp2 is out. Hes steady.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,437

Post#23 » by Big J » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:40 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think moody should get a look while go2 is out. Hes steady.

Moody doesn’t really bend the defense. He just sits out at the 3 point line. We just need to figure out a way to get Poole the looks at the rim that he has been getting all playoffs.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#24 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:05 am

Big J wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think moody should get a look while go2 is out. Hes steady.

Moody doesn’t really bend the defense. He just sits out at the 3 point line. We just need to figure out a way to get Poole the looks at the rim that he has been getting all playoffs.

He got to the rim twice...and was swatted by Grant twice lol.

I think he needs to drive harder on guys like Smart...get the a-hole in foul trouble. Juking and jiving to get by him is not the answer.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#25 » by clyde21 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:06 am

Big J wrote:

we need to figure out how to put Poole on a bus and drive him to siberia
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#26 » by GswStorm3 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:12 am

One adjustment needs to come from klay. He needs to stop taking those tough off balanced shots. The Celtics will gladly live with him taking those kinds of shots.

They have to find a way to get out in transition. The less you can let them set up their half court defense the better.

It's obviously tough to keep Tatum and Brown out the paint. But if they keep giving Al uncontested shots it won't matter anyway.

Wiggins should always be out there when both Brown and Tatum are on the floor. Kerr made sure to keep Wiggs on the floor every time Luka was on the floor. Tonight he should have done the same.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#27 » by Dom801e » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:12 am

After cooling down I’m more at peace with the matchups. I said before the series that Steph would get his and Wiggins would continue his 15-20 points with solid defense. And that happened. I was much more concerned with Klay and Poole. Which also showed to be true.

The Horford Green matchup cannot go this poorly or they have no shot.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#28 » by Samurai » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:38 am

Big J wrote:

Much easier said than done. Poole is great at blowing past poor defenders to unleash his array of finishes at the basket. But Boston's length kept him from getting his shots up at the rim....and that's when he is able to even reach the cup. Boston plays great positioning and excels at moving their feet; Poole was frequently cut off before he could complete his drive. And that typically resulted in Poole turning the ball over. And with Draymond's "defender" sagging off of Dray to clog the paint, the number of Poole layups will be drastically smaller than what we saw against Dallas.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,437

Post#29 » by Big J » Fri Jun 3, 2022 5:55 am

Samurai wrote:
Big J wrote:

Much easier said than done. Poole is great at blowing past poor defenders to unleash his array of finishes at the basket. But Boston's length kept him from getting his shots up at the rim....and that's when he is able to even reach the cup. Boston plays great positioning and excels at moving their feet; Poole was frequently cut off before he could complete his drive. And that typically resulted in Poole turning the ball over. And with Draymond's "defender" sagging off of Dray to clog the paint, the number of Poole layups will be drastically smaller than what we saw against Dallas.

Maybe we need to run a Poole Curry Klay Wiggins Otto lineup so our guards have more space to operate in the paint.
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,553

Post#30 » by The KnicksFix » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:00 am

Coming from a knick fan, RJ gave tatum the bidness in those games we played him. He struggles against guys who are 2 way players. So expect wigs to lock him up at least for another game or two. However you MUST PLAY WIGS. This is no time to play iggy. Wigs has been cookin. This allows klay to slide over and guard brown.

This game was the Dubs game and they blew it. Kerr needs to get his head up out his a** and run curry for the entire fourth.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#31 » by floppymoose » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:07 am

Well first off we have to ditch Kerr and let a committee of realgm Warriors fans determine the rotations.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#32 » by jaymo123 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:11 am

After re-watching the game, here are a few things I would do.

1. Rest Curry the last 2 minutes of the 3rd, have him start the 4th. Let him rest or call a timeout at the 8 minute mark.
2. Tell Draymond to stop over helping. After re-watching, Dray was helping even when Tatum or Brown weren't even close to him or the basket. Force Brown and Tatum to beat you one on one over and over again.
3. Porter, Wiggins, Looney, and Payton should take Poole's minutes if he is not doing anything offensively.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#33 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:20 am

Maybe wiggs is still playing through that ankle sprain, that would help explain his minutes.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#34 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:26 am

Kerr needs to coach on feel not set rotations. Nobody anywhere in the World could comprehend a guy dominating the first then sitting half the 2nd. Then rinse and repeat in the 4th. It should've been treated like a do or die game, reason being if you dont win either of the first two the series is over so grab a game when you are up 14 points. Nobody would care about dropping game 2 from being tired from game 1.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#35 » by Romulus » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:46 am

After a week off and 3 days rest until the next game, Kerr plays Wiggins & Curry like it's a regular season game. Imagine if Curry had been in to start the 4th quarter when it all fell apart.

What a moron.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#36 » by Old_Blue » Fri Jun 3, 2022 6:54 am

Despite their piss poor performance in Game 1, the opening odds for Game 2 favor the Dubs by 4 1/2...a margin larger than the 3 1/2 they were favored to win Game 1. The sports books already made a killing on Game 1.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#37 » by WarriorGM » Fri Jun 3, 2022 8:01 am

Big J wrote:

You insert Moody not for the offense but for the defense. Unless Poole is producing on the offensive end, he's simply a net liability.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#38 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Jun 3, 2022 8:39 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Sit Iggy. Period. Warriors can't afford to roll out another non-shooter. Warriors have run through the playoffs without him...why insert this past expiration guy now.

This. He broke the rhythm of the team and made some stupid plays.

However the fourth quarter disaster was a collective thing and all players should take responsibility.
It looked like they thought the game was over and when Boston started to nail all the shot the were unable to respond and just gave up. We played no defense and no offense for 10 minutes. Total chaos where nobody knew what to do.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#39 » by BayArea408415 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 9:17 am

FNQ wrote:Cant wait to see the dramatic responses

- don't run bad lineups that have consistently been bad all season
- you bet on the Celtics players not having career nights from deep

That's it. One thing you can control, one you can't. If they shoot 50% from deep for the series, there's not really much you can do

Fully agreed. I legit cannot fathom how some people on general board are normalizing the Celtics 3 point shooting as typical or sustainable. Some even suggesting they can do it while Tatum simultaneously puts in elite performances.
multo
Rookie
And1: 447

Post#40 » by multo » Fri Jun 3, 2022 11:42 am

Better perimeter defense and contested threes. Less playing time for Poole. Draymond has to play better as well as Klay.

Return to Golden State Warriors