Al Horford Is What I Wish Draymond Had Been

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Al Horford Is What I Wish Draymond Had Been 

Post#21 » by Coxy » Tue Jun 7, 2022 12:09 am

jaymo123 wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:Another one that aged really well. Nothing like watching fans scream and run for the exits after a bad quarter (not a bad game, a bad quarter).

Horford scores 2 in Game 2, but half this board would have traded Draymond for him immediately after Game 1, and probably thrown in Klay, too.

I'd still rather have Horford despite game 2. I'm a bit biased though because I have liked Horford since his late Atlanta, early Boston run and have been down on Draymond for years.

Why would you be down on Draymond? Just curious.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#22 » by cladden » Tue Jun 7, 2022 3:15 am

jaymo123 wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:Another one that aged really well. Nothing like watching fans scream and run for the exits after a bad quarter (not a bad game, a bad quarter).

Horford scores 2 in Game 2, but half this board would have traded Draymond for him immediately after Game 1, and probably thrown in Klay, too.

I'd still rather have Horford despite game 2. I'm a bit biased though because I have liked Horford since his late Atlanta, early Boston run and have been down on Draymond for years.

Horford has at no point in his career been as good as Draymond, most definitely not now. Good lord people do not appreciate our dudes at all.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#23 » by cladden » Tue Jun 7, 2022 3:25 am

Btw. Draymond had his second highest TS% in the regular season and the highest since the 15-16 season. He's also scoring at a fine efficiency in these playoffs even it only is 8 points a game. Do we really want him to shoot more? Draymond is still super important to this team, also in these playoffs. He was fantastic in game 2 IMO.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#24 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 7, 2022 3:34 pm

Coxy wrote:
and1GS wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:

There's a reason why Al Horford is a 3 time champion, DPOY and 7 time all-defensive team guy while Draymond has only ever made the all-defense second team once. Give me Horford every day and twice on Sundays.

I see what you did here, you swapped Draymond and Horford's names and then used that logic against him.

"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#25 » by shazam_guy » Tue Jun 7, 2022 7:41 pm

cladden wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:

Horford has at no point in his career been as good as Draymond, most definitely not now. Good lord people do not appreciate our dudes at all.

I actually don't like having to fill the grumpy old codger role on this board, but it's impossible not to react to the short-sightedness of some fans. And I'm not even talking about the distant past, the, "Y'all don't remember what a disaster Chris Washburn was!" past, I'm talking about, "So one game changes everything?" or "A bad shooting quarter means a valuable player should be dumped?"

(And, as I've said, I've been on this board long enough to hear Steph, Dray, and Klay in their early careers all called useless trade-bait, as well as any number of other players -- Kevon Looney, anyone? -- consigned to the ash-heap of history by know-it-all fans because they weren't obvious superstars right away.)

I'm all for new fans -- I was one once, after all, and so was everyone else here -- and new fans sometimes get overly reactive. But for god's sake, can we have a tiny bit of perspective and calm consideration before throwing the team we all support under whatever bus happens to go past? Literally the team that has dominated the NBA for much of the last decade, and some of y'all act like it's the fricking Sacramento Kings. And now we're in the finals again and some of you are saying you'd trade Draymond for Horford, presumably mid-series. Do you really think any of the teams that had Horford, consistent and good player that he is, wouldn't have happily traded him straight up for Green? I kind of doubt it.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#26 » by jaymo123 » Thu Jun 9, 2022 3:33 am

How are yall feeling about Draymond tonight?
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by shazam_guy » Thu Jun 9, 2022 7:35 pm

jaymo123 wrote:How are yall feeling about Draymond tonight?

What, do you get up every hour during the night to check on how you're sleeping? Do you vote for MVP at the end of every quarter of every regular season game?

Did you even read Cladden's post above? Or does only the last game ever matter?

If you're in a bad mood, go punch some plush toys or something. Be sarcastic to your cat. There's a reason why people with raging ADHD don't make good managers.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#28 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:52 pm

shazam_guy wrote:There's a reason why people with raging ADHD don't make good managers.

GFY pal, you don't know a damn thing
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by shazam_guy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:54 am

Go **** myself? I wasn't even talking to you. You're picking fights everywhere, and I am not the first to notice it, but you can leave me off your pissy little list.

And if you're upset I made a remark about ADHD, I know quite a bit about it, thank you, from up-close personal experience with two ADHD children and years of having to learn about it and deal with it in real life. If you think that I'm unqualified to use the word -- even in a throwaway remark -- you're the one who doesn't know a damn thing.

This board used to be fun. Now it's not.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by FNQ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:56 am

shazam_guy wrote:Go **** myself? I wasn't even talking to you. You're picking fights everywhere, and I am not the first to notice it, but you can leave me off your pissy little list.

And if you're upset I made a remark about ADHD, I know quite a bit about it, thank you, from up-close personal experience with two ADHD children and years of having to learn about it and deal with it in real life. If you think that I'm unqualified to use the word -- even in a throwaway remark -- you're the one who doesn't know a damn thing.

Then go away and take your "I can talk about it because I know someone with it" bull **** with ya

All you do is complain about others complaining anyways, but then you want to go and bring afflictions into it. Welp, I led my team in the medical field, I'm leading a team in composite basketball analysis next year, all while having ADHD. So yeah, GFY. Because you don't know ****
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#31 » by and1GS » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:29 am

shazam_guy wrote:This board used to be fun. Now it's not.

Let's do another medieval themed cocktail party at Coxy's to get our mojo back.

And don't want to be 'that guy'...but never cool to tell someone to F off here. It's basketball guys. We're passionate, but come on...
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#32 » by sjballer03 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:17 am

FNQ wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:There's a reason why people with raging ADHD don't make good managers.

Oh snap, the "medical expert" on the board has spoken. The rest of us should just shut up. Thank god people like you can't censor us like they try to on other social media platforms.
sjballer03
Rookie

Post#33 » by sjballer03 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:19 am

FNQ wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:Go **** myself? I wasn't even talking to you. You're picking fights everywhere, and I am not the first to notice it, but you can leave me off your pissy little list.

Then go away and take your "I can talk about it because I know someone with it" bull **** with ya

All you do is complain about others complaining anyways, but then you want to go and bring afflictions into it. Welp, I led my team in the medical field, I'm leading a team in composite basketball analysis next year, all while having ADHD. So yeah, GFY. Because you don't know ****

If you're gonna stay "anonymous" then ain't nobody need to give a **** about your "credentials.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by FNQ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:23 pm

sjballer03 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Oh snap, the "medical expert" on the board has spoken. The rest of us should just shut up. Thank god people like you can't censor us like they try to on other social media platforms.

What about is medical? Its a decency thing, comparing people who change their opinions on a dime is not the same as having an affliction, one that doesn't limit their competency in any way.

Might want to try reading and comprehending before talking
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#35 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:09 am

FNQ wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

What about is medical? Its a decency thing, comparing people who change their opinions on a dime is not the same as having an affliction, one that doesn't limit their competency in any way.

I think you may be the one struggling to comprehend the point they are trying to make to you here.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by shazam_guy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:23 pm

If you'd expressed yourself as, "I have ADHD and that bothered me," I would have apologized for a sloppy off-the-cuff remark (but nevertheless one that comes out of a deep place of experience with me) and that would have been it, FNQ. I really wish you hadn't turned it personal without explanation.

Instead, you just keep pushing it with your reply. My personal knowledge and experience mean nothing because you declare yours superior and that's supposed to be enough for me to shut up and bow down. I'll put my life as the active parent of two young adults who have gone through their lives with the problem up against yours any day in terms of living with the problem. Not the same, but also not to be dismissed.

But as I said, if you had just told me it hurt or offended you, I would have apologized, and I do so now. It was not intended as a slight against ADHD people, it was a rhetorical tool of the moment, not deeply considered. My bad. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#37 » by sonnyhill » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:51 pm

cladden wrote:Btw. Draymond had his second highest TS% in the regular season and the highest since the 15-16 season. He's also scoring at a fine efficiency in these playoffs even it only is 8 points a game. Do we really want him to shoot more? Draymond is still super important to this team, also in these playoffs. He was fantastic in game 2 IMO.

Green did contribute with 9 rebounds (5-offensive), 8 assists, 4 steals, and 2 points in Game 4; and, yes, he did have "his second highest TS% in the regular season and the highest since the 15-16 season."

While acknowledging Green's contributions, the eye test and the stat sheet show a precipitous drop-off in his scoring. Can this be attributed to a "broken shot," and can his shot be "fixed"/"improved upon?"
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,244

Post#38 » by ShootersShoot » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:35 am

Romulus wrote:He was there to be picked up in a trade. Boston finally pulled trigger and got him back. Warriors had a huge need for someone just like him and did nothing. Imagine him on THIS team, getting wide open looks from Curry passes. The championship would be in the bag.

The guy makes 27 mill per year..who do you propose the warriors should have traded for him?
sjballer03
Rookie

Post#39 » by sjballer03 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:33 am

FNQ wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

You told a poster to GFY and you're giving me advice? How about you GFY?

Return to Golden State Warriors