ImageImageImageImageImage

Give Me Some Hope

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

brandon87
Freshman
And1: 41

Give Me Some Hope 

Post#1 » by brandon87 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:58 am

After watching the three games so far in this series, I’m worried that the Warriors have met their match. I feel like in Game 3 the Dubs had to put in a massive effort just to make a game of it (in the 3rd) and ultimately, Boston’s role players took the game away from us.

I’ve read a lot from ‘experts’ in the 36 hours or so since the game and looking ahead to tonight (and Monday) I’m really pessimistic about the Warriors chances of winning the title.

Over the three games, for all we should’ve won Game 1, I feel like Boston has shown more overall and that the win we did achieve took a greater effort on our part than Boston’s effort on their wins - if that makes sense….?

I’m a fairly new (UK based) watcher of the sport, so I’m far from an expert, so I’m hoping someone with more expertise than me can allay my fears and give me some hope that the Warriors can turn this around very quickly.

I read a lot coming into this one about how banged up Boston were versus a relatively healthy Golden State but it doesn’t appear that’s the case at all - possibly that the opposite is true.

I think ultimately I’m just looking for some positivity to get me through the working day going into tonight.

Either stuff that’s positive about the Warriors or stuff that’s negative about Boston. I’ll accept any of it :lol:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: Give Me Some Hope 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:31 pm

we win this series if we give more of Pooles and Drays minutes to Gp2 and Otto respectively.

But I doubt that happens, so other than hoping for a miraculous Dray turnaround, I got nothing.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#3 » by WarriorGM » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:59 pm

clyde21 wrote:we win this series if we give more of Pooles and Drays minutes to Gp2 and Otto respectively.

But I doubt that happens, so other than hoping for a miraculous Dray turnaround, I got nothing.

Payton was bad in his minutes the last game so I understand why he was taken out. -13 in 11 minutes. Why Looney and Porter didn't get more playing time escapes me though.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#4 » by and1GS » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:52 pm

We were winning in the third with a great Steph game, a good Klay game, average offense/great D Wiggins game and atrocious play from literally everyone else on both ends. Including our second putrid 4th quarter.

If Klay had a great game, Draymond didn't have the worst playoff game of his career, Poole did anything or the bench showed up I think we win game 3. Same can be said for game 1.

I think a lot of the tweaks we need to make on D are just that: tweaks. I have a lot of hope.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#5 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:11 am

We ARE Winning game 4....it's my guarantee.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#6 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:34 am

ILOVEIT wrote:We ARE Winning game 4....it's my guarantee.

Very Time Lord of you. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors