ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 4 finals reaction thread.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: Game 4 finals reaction thread. 

Post#41 » by and1GS » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:10 am

Yeh. We rag on the beautiful game offense, but there are times when it's a better option. IMO it's about variety.

BKN ran a rudimentary scheme with 0 resistance on defense and 0 help on O given Kyrie basically had a half year of conditioning. For as much as KD likes to complain about our system, he sure would benefit from running it even a quarter of the time.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#42 » by Chupchup » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:15 am

Great Game ! Definitely a signature performance by Steph. Warriors seemed in much better control and didn't seemed sped up in the 4th.

Win rebound battle. Keep low turnovers. Cover their 3 point shooters.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#43 » by Swift21 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:18 am

Wiggins should defend Jaylen Brown going forward. He's the bigger threat than Tatum.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,899

Post#44 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:25 am

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Then stop being wrong.. its not any different than the rest of the season. You guys are just really stepping up on the agenda takes and just like I have all season, when they're wrong, I'm saying so. Feel free to ignore it, or, for once, re-watch the game. Learn. Be better. I'd be prouder than **** if you guys stopped being so emotional and biased and started looking for the actual answers, not the ones your emotions drive you to

Draymond also usually does get a blow in the middle of the 4th, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. Just a vocal group of fans who wanted the scapegoat to be benched.. meanwhile in Celtics-land, they are attacking one of their own players who played well too. Weird, that.

Hope you stay tuned for the Dray rundown later tonight. You are not gonna like it at all. But that's because you guys double down on stuff instead of learning the game. I'd love to be proven wrong.. on either subject

Nothing I said was wrong. You are the one with the agenda to nitpick at everyone, it's getting insufferable. It's a fan board dude, if you think you are an all knowing NBA analytic expert, and know better then everyone, then go apply for a job with the team.

Its a fan board where the fans are constantly wrong by **** on a player... interesting.

You also dont have to respond. But I do like showing the juxtaposition from emotional fans vs. logical analysis, and I appreciate when it gets under someone's skin. Because then it means you care enough about being wrong that you dont like the call out.. but do you want to learn? Do you want to see the game better? Or do you just want to emotionally vent about players you dislike? The latter is fine, but I'm gonna use it as an example. Its a public forum, and I'd imagine people want to understand the game more if they are on here.

why are you so condescending? seems like you get off on it which seems more emotional than logical. you act like your opinion means more that others because of what you do but I hate to break it to you, it doesn't. you are saying that nothing was different with Draymond's rotation and minutes in the 4th but even Draymond commented on it and acknowledged it.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#45 » by sjballer03 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:09 am

FNQ is the concern troll during wins and Clyde is the concern troll during losses. What would we do without them! They seem to know everything!
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#46 » by Quazza » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:21 am

Wtf has happened to this board seriously
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#47 » by sjballer03 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:23 am

Quazza wrote:Wtf has happened to this board seriously

Blame the know it alls FNQ and Clyde lol
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#48 » by floppymoose » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:51 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:My reaction is how the hell did Durant and Kyrie struggle against Boston, more so Durant.

Its easier to defend a iso player than to chase steph around the court not knowing when he'll shoot because he has an unlimited range with a quick release.

Also, Curry > Durant
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#49 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:13 am

sjballer03 wrote:
Quazza wrote:Wtf has happened to this board seriously

Blame the know it alls FNQ and Clyde lol

Bunch of front-running, fake fans.

They'll criticize any player who isn't performing at the highest level, including Curry.

Hell someone was advocating AGAINST keeping Klay. Then Game 6 Klay heroics and you don't hear that squawking any more.

What about the genius who quotes his own tweets and then wants to **** Myers and Kerr all the time?

Imagine if they went with his ideas, Warriors may never have sniffed a Finals in all this time.

I don't care if the Warriors don't win these Finals or another title. These players and coaches and GM brought glory to the franchise for the first time in decades. They all should retire as Warriors. Now I know that may not be possible but as far as I'm concerned, their all-timers for this franchise and their fans or they should be.

But some of these so-called Warriors fans are all about "what have you done for me lately."
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#50 » by watch1958 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:56 am

I like to publicly call for Klay to be benched, whenever we need a big game from him. Works well so far.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#51 » by floppymoose » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:17 am

wco81 wrote:Hell someone was advocating AGAINST keeping Klay.

I don't think I'm a front running fake fan that you are describing, but I am open to moving Klay.
wco81
RealGM

Post#52 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:29 am

floppymoose wrote:

I don't think I'm a front running fake fan that you are describing, but I am open to moving Klay.

In this case, I was talking before 2015. Around the time he got his second contract.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#53 » by watch1958 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:45 am

wco81 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:

In this case, I was talking before 2015. Around the time he got his second contract.
I still remember the “if you have chance to get Kevin Love” thing. :lol:
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#54 » by floppymoose » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:47 am

watch1958 wrote:
wco81 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I don't think I'm a front running fake fan that you are describing, but I am open to moving Klay.

Fingers crossed that we are saying this a few years from now about the idea of trading Kuminga and others away for some "win-now" piece, like Beal.
wco81
RealGM

Post#55 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:51 am

I have to admit after Barnes rookie year, I wondered about giving a big extension to Klay because the team was committing a lot of money to the Splash Brothers.

Barnes had size and athleticism and was doing well in the playoffs against the Spurs attacking off dribble and posting up Parker and other smaller guards off switches.

Team probably would have kept Barnes if KD didn't come but it was right to keep Klay, who had his best years after 2015.

He had had some big games in the playoffs already when this suggestion was made, to trade Klay.

I think there were doubts about giving him his current contract. More understandable after getting injured in the Finals. But team had some sense of loyalty to him.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#56 » by floppymoose » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:38 pm

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#57 » by Jester_ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:03 pm

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Then stop being wrong.. its not any different than the rest of the season. You guys are just really stepping up on the agenda takes and just like I have all season, when they're wrong, I'm saying so. Feel free to ignore it, or, for once, re-watch the game. Learn. Be better. I'd be prouder than **** if you guys stopped being so emotional and biased and started looking for the actual answers, not the ones your emotions drive you to

Draymond also usually does get a blow in the middle of the 4th, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. Just a vocal group of fans who wanted the scapegoat to be benched.. meanwhile in Celtics-land, they are attacking one of their own players who played well too. Weird, that.

Hope you stay tuned for the Dray rundown later tonight. You are not gonna like it at all. But that's because you guys double down on stuff instead of learning the game. I'd love to be proven wrong.. on either subject

Nothing I said was wrong. You are the one with the agenda to nitpick at everyone, it's getting insufferable. It's a fan board dude, if you think you are an all knowing NBA analytic expert, and know better then everyone, then go apply for a job with the team.

Its a fan board where the fans are constantly wrong by **** on a player... interesting.

You also dont have to respond. But I do like showing the juxtaposition from emotional fans vs. logical analysis, and I appreciate when it gets under someone's skin. Because then it means you care enough about being wrong that you dont like the call out.. but do you want to learn? Do you want to see the game better? Or do you just want to emotionally vent about players you dislike? The latter is fine, but I'm gonna use it as an example. Its a public forum, and I'd imagine people want to understand the game more if they are on here.

Lol you drop **** takes left and right and think because you're a failing physiologist (seriously, 60k+ posts and moderating a message board? cmon son who are you kidding) you know more than everyone. There's people here who built the damn spreadsheets you're regurgitating like some basketball savant.

Draymond has more fouls than points in this series. He himself acknowledged it in his podcast last night he's been bad, including last night.

So, please - and I think I speak for everyone here - stop acting like an incel, take your L and sit down.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#58 » by Jester_ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:10 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Then stop being wrong.

Amen. By all accounts, dude is a dubiously employed narcissistic navel gazer who spends all day picking through statistical lint and then holding it skyward like it's Simba. In the other thread, he's touting Bjelica's contribution to the game...In a game where Curry went for 43 and 10 boards and Wiggins set a career high in boards. I wouldn't say he's "insufferable" so much as he's just flat out embarrassing...The crazy uncle nobody wants to sit next to at Thanksgiving. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#59 » by watch1958 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:53 pm

floppymoose wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
wco81 wrote:In this case, I was talking before 2015. Around the time he got his second contract.

Fingers crossed that we are saying this a few years from now about the idea of trading Kuminga and others away for some "win-now" piece, like Beal.

We’ve heard the take a lot . “If you have a chance to get… you have to go for it.”

Love, Dwight, Stat. I think there was a Melo one as well.

Is that take ever right?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#60 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Coxy wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Coxy wrote:Shout to Klay as well. His shot is there, and some of his defence was superb.

Im sure its just cause we won, but this is hilarious to me.

Why? From game 1 to now, he's working. Some of his 3's today were timing perfection for squashing their momentum.

His D on Brown was amazing down the stretch
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors