Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Re: NBA Finals Game 5: Everybody Loves (D)Raymond 

Post#461 » by vagelis » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:45 am

SpreeS wrote:
vagelis wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:If the Dubs take this series, does Wiggins win Finals MVP? How insane would that be!

I bet on that a week ago.
Unhopefully they limited the amount of money that allowed me to bet, so I will not get rich if it happens.

How do you feel now? :) After so many years Wiggs get recognition. I am so happy for you and Wiggs

For Wiggins I am happy but I always knew who he is, so I don't think that something very special happens.
I just was mad all this years with the lies about him.

I have seen so many 25pts games from him that they say nothing to me.
I am happy when he goes for a fourty.
I still think people underestimate how good he is
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#462 » by SpreeS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:51 am

vagelis wrote:
SpreeS wrote:
vagelis wrote:
I bet on that a week ago.
Unhopefully they limited the amount of money that allowed me to bet, so I will not get rich if it happens.

How do you feel now? :) After so many years Wiggs get recognition. I am so happy for you and Wiggs

For Wiggins I am happy but I always knew who he is, so I don't think that something very special happens.

I was with Wiggs from the starts and all these trade talks, just show how fans dont understand this game.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#463 » by vagelis » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:58 am

SpreeS wrote:
vagelis wrote:
SpreeS wrote:

I was with Wiggs from the starts and all these trade talks, just show how fans dont understand this game.

I think that there is a big part that does not understand the game at all.
They just read advanced stats and follow the narratives of the media
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#464 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:26 am

floppymoose wrote:I went over the GB to see how many pages of game thread I would need to look at to see someone complaining about the reffing. As always, it was... one.
Refs had it out for the Celts and let Draymond do whatever he wanted out there. They only had a +16 FT advantage and +12 foul advantage on top of Draymond fouling out and Looney picking up 5. Lolz

Can't wait to listen to all these pods saying the Celts got a tough whistle. Come on man it usually evens out.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#465 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:30 am

and1GS wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I went over the GB to see how many pages of game thread I would need to look at to see someone complaining about the reffing. As always, it was... one.
Refs had it out for the Celts and let Draymond do whatever he wanted out there. They only had a +16 FT advantage and +12 foul advantage on top of Draymond fouling out and Looney picking up 5. Lolz

Can't wait to listen to all these pods saying the Celts got a tough whistle. Come on man it usually evens out.

I thought Memphis fans whined a lot about the refs, but Celtic fans put them to shame.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#466 » by tarantism » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:33 am

and1GS wrote:

I have this bs narrative ranked as second most ridiculous behind the people pushing "the Bucks were the real best team in the East and would destroy the Warriors" takes over there.

Funny how every time we make/win the finals there is always some juggernaut that would most definitely crush us who doesn't even make it to the party.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#467 » by WESCO » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:34 am

xdrta+ wrote:
and1GS wrote:

I thought Memphis fans whined a lot about the refs, but Celtic fans put them to shame.

All the reason to shut these leprechauns the f up and close out game 6!!!

LFGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1 more win!!!
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#468 » by michaelm » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:25 am

SpreeS wrote:
vagelis wrote:
SpreeS wrote:

Even in the last few days declarations that he is still a journeyman role player and not capable of being better than a 4th option for a contender.

He has just been the best player in game 5 of a finals series on a team now leading that finals series.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#469 » by Impuniti » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:35 pm

3-2, 1 more

:)
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#470 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:31 pm

and1GS wrote:

Loons first two fouls were total ticky tack garbage too
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#471 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:31 pm

Old_Blue wrote:If the Dubs take this series, does Wiggins win Finals MVP? How insane would that be!

If it takes 2 more games and Wiggins is the best player in both then yes
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#472 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:34 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
and1GS wrote:

Be glad it's not the Sixers.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#473 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:39 pm

Why are there 3 game 5 threads?

Think it's fair to guess the Celtics go back to the drop coverage for 6.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#474 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:07 pm

What, you didn't follow the 90 pages following with more of the same? :lol:
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#475 » by shazam_guy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:54 am

vagelis wrote:What you saw today is Wiggins game, attacking to the rim and mid range shots.
Not catch and shoot.
Hopefully he will be used at his strengths from now on if he continues with Warriors.

Kerr is a great coach and a very intelligent person but imo he misvalued Wiggins limiting his offensive usage.

I'm not sure I'd agree Wiggins offense has been limited by the team. Sometimes he limits it himself. It's almost as though Wiggins sometimes has to make a conscious decision to be aggressive on offense. But he's slid up and down the option ladder since he's been here. There were times last year with Steph and Klay out and Poole not at all established, when Wiggs was first option. He's often third now, but I really doubt he's being discouraged from shooting if he wants to shoot, or driving if he wants to drive. He probably defers naturally a bit to Steph and Klay -- that seems to be his nature -- but I'd have to see something more concrete before I'd ascribe it to the coaches limiting his offense.

Most Dubs fans I know WANT Wiggins to be aggressive more often, especially going to the hoop. It may not be how he feels most comfortable playing, though.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,954

Post#476 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:33 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
and1GS wrote:

Haha oh man, some of those guys are unbelievably biased. 28-16 foul advantage but they want more. Honestly some of those posts asking for more are top 5 homerish posts I've ever read on the board. I just assume these people go through life with a complete lack of self awareness, and must be unbearable people to be around.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,151

Post#477 » by cpower » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:01 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

thats like Rodman winning FMVPs over MJ. lol
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,954

Post#478 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:05 pm

cpower wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

thats like Rodman winning FMVPs over MJ. lol

Nah, Wiggins is a lot closer to Pippin at this point. Steph is the system and clearly deserves of course.

Return to Golden State Warriors