Game 5 finals reaction thread.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Re: Game 5 finals reaction thread. 

Post#101 » by tarantism » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:22 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:I'm more confident in the Warriors winning game 6 in Boston then game 7 at home. I actually think Warriors play better on the road. The losses to Memphis and Dallas were game 5's returning to SF for the close out.

Not sure I understand your statements. If they play better on the road, then they would have closed out Memphis in Game 5 and closed out Dallas in Game 4. They lost both and had to close them out at home.

They’ve lost 5 games on the road in the playoffs.

They’ve lost one game at home…a GOAT 4th Q 3-point onslaught by the Celtics.

In a way, you are both right. Historically the Warriors are quite good on the road in closeout games.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#102 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:28 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:I'm more confident in the Warriors winning game 6 in Boston then game 7 at home. I actually think Warriors play better on the road. The losses to Memphis and Dallas were game 5's returning to SF for the close out.

Not sure I understand your statements. If they play better on the road, then they would have closed out Memphis in Game 5 and closed out Dallas in Game 4. They lost both and had to close them out at home.

Here's the theory. Warriors had a game FIVE on the road in both Dallas and Memphis series and knew they had games 6 & 7 after that. My hunch is they felt comfortable giving up the gentleman sweep losses with those other two games to go.

I believe Warriors made a decision to give up those game fives and not put too much into those games and save something for game Six.

This is different. There is a ton of pressure on Boston in game 6...more so than game 7. I think the Warriors want no part of having to close it out at home. The ghost of 2016 game 7 is real...and I think Curry and the gang would feel it if they have to do this in 7.

So the difference is Warriors don't have a two game cushion where they can just let one run away in Boston.

I think they go all out in Boston knowing that if they keep the game within 10 at the end of the game, Boston may very likely fold.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 86

Post#103 » by Scotty2Hotty » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:13 am

tarantism wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:

In a way, you are both right. Historically the Warriors are quite good on the road in closeout games.

Not this season. 0-3 on the road in closeout games.
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 86

Post#104 » by Scotty2Hotty » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:39 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Scotty2Hotty wrote:

Here's the theory. Warriors had a game FIVE on the road in both Dallas and Memphis series and knew they had games 6 & 7 after that. My hunch is they felt comfortable giving up the gentleman sweep losses with those other two games to go.

I believe Warriors made a decision to give up those game fives and not put too much into those games and save something for game Six.

This is different. There is a ton of pressure on Boston in game 6...more so than game 7. I think the Warriors want no part of having to close it out at home. The ghost of 2016 game 7 is real...and I think Curry and the gang would feel it if they have to do this in 7.

So the difference is Warriors don't have a two game cushion where they can just let one run away in Boston.

I think they go all out in Boston knowing that if they keep the game within 10 at the end of the game, Boston may very likely fold.

Again, we lost to Dallas on the road in Game 4, then closed them out at home in Game 5.

We're 0-3 on the road in closeout games these playoffs.

I believe we'll lose Game 6, but not because the guys feel comfortable or threatened by 2016. I just believe the Celtics will shoot much better at home this time.

I hope I'm wrong and Steph & Klay go nutz to close them out. But I've had this series go 7 games from the start. The Celtics shoot way too well from 3 to have two consecutive super cold starts from the arc.

My strategy to beat them hasn't changed...and I know Kerr & staff have the Celtics figured out...make them drive the paint and force a contested shot or if they kick it out, force the shooter off the arc back into the paint. Why? They only scored 36 points in the paint in Game 5. Plus Tatum is deadly from the arc and awful in the paint where he shows a pattern of putting his head down while driving and settling for a contested fall-away mid-range jumper instead of attacking the rim or kicking it back out. And of course, if possible, force him and Brown to drive left instead of right.

Return to Golden State Warriors