ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 6: The Klay Awakens

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Game 6: The Klay Awakens 

Post#1 » by and1GS » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:37 pm

Alright fellow posters, figured I'd post this a little early so I had more time to bring in some outside perspective. So without further adieu, here are some of my favorite takes so far by the NBA 'analyst' community:

Nick Wright wrote:Andrew Wiggins is a bad basketball player. He’s owed $95 million over the next three years, starting next year. It’s unspeakable (the Warriors) did this. … It’s over for them now. We will never see (Stephen Curry) in another NBA Finals, ever. They have no path forward.

Brian 'The LeBron Biographer' Windhorst wrote:Andrew Wiggins is not an underdog. He makes $32 million. While the Warriors were down these last couple of years, winning no games, they kept spending money because they've got it. They re-signed Draymond Green, they re-signed Steph Curry, they re-signed Kevon Looney. They kept Andrew Wiggins and boy did he show up tonight. Andrew Wiggins with the supreme moment of his career. He was the throw-in in a trade. Other teams would have totally gotten rid of him. They stuck with him. They have a $340 million payroll when you consider taxes. You don't just have to beat the Warriors on the court, you've got to beat their checkbook. Taking nothing away from Andrew Wiggins but this was a checkbook win for the Warriors.

Chris Vernon wrote:Who in the hell guards Luka!? I'm reading Andrew Wiggins - good luck!

Kevin O'Connor wrote:You know Luka's gonna target and that's gonna be a problem for this warriors defense!

Disgraced former NBA exec Bob Voulgaris wrote:Outside of Steph, are any of the other top 5 guys in this series on the warriors!?

Safe to say the analyst community has been quite down on Wiggins and the warriors. The Celtics just have more talent! If it weren't for these refs, the warriors would have been swept! Warriors aren't winning, the Celtics are just losing it by themselves.

And this is where I'd like to invite a good friend of mine to respond to these critics. You may know him as...

MAPLE

JORDAN

I love this guy for a million reasons, but #1 is that he embodies what the warriors are. We believe in our players regardless of their rep coming in and if they work hard, the franchise supports them. I am incredibly nervous for tomorrow night, but still very confident to see our GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS BRING HOME ANOTHER TITLE.

First, introducing the home team: the Boston Celtics.

At PG, Marcus Smart

At SG, Jaylen Brown

At SF, Jayson Tatum
Read on Twitter

At PF and C - who gives a ****.

And now...your GOLLLLLLDEN STTTTATTTTEEEEE WARRRRRRRRIORRRRRRRSSSSSS

At the 5, DRRRRAYMOND GREEEEEN

At the 4...OTTO CHAMBERLAIN

At the 3....they try to call him the most toxic contract in the NBA. A historically losing player. 'He'll never rebound' 'He'll never D up.' All that ****. But he JUST WON US GAME FIVE. AND HIS NAME IS ANDREW MOTHER **** WIGGINS

At the 2 we...wait a second. What game is it? My God. MY GOD. IS IT GAME SIX!?

IT CANT BE. IS GAME 6 KLAY HEADED TO TD GARDEN!?

YES. YES HE IS MY FRIENDS.

Damn what a starting lineup. But I feel like I'm forgetting someone. Oh yes....

Starting at PG. The greatest player in warriors history. Top 10 all time. Top 1 in our hearts and minds. Stephen Currrrrry.

Let's close this **** out GO DUBS!!!! We gonna be championship.

Game Girl:
Spoiler:
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Re: Game 6: The Klay Awakens 

Post#2 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:59 pm

That Wilt Otto switch is genius, is Otto one of Wilt’s grandsons?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 86

Post#3 » by Scotty2Hotty » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm

My concern with the phenomenon that is now widely infamous, “Game 6 Klay”, is that it is no longer just a crazy coincidence that he was going off in Game 6’s. My concern has turned to too much pressure for Klay to live up to the hype. Hope he hits another 8 threes.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#4 » by Onus » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm

Feeling pretty confident about this one. Not sure the Celtics have an adjustment to make on offense.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#5 » by Impuniti » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:56 pm

1. Curry is going to go nuclear.
2. We're finally getting Ottomatic Corner Jr. aka Otto Chamberlain special.
3. Game. 6. Klay.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#6 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:59 pm

G6 Klay bring it home
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#7 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:17 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:My concern with the phenomenon that is now widely infamous, “Game 6 Klay”, is that it is no longer just a crazy coincidence that he was going off in Game 6’s. My concern has turned to too much pressure for Klay to live up to the hype. Hope he hits another 8 threes.

If Curry is cold and Wiggins goes off.... he might get Finals MVP
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#8 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:23 pm

Scotty2Hotty wrote:My concern with the phenomenon that is now widely infamous, “Game 6 Klay”, is that it is no longer just a crazy coincidence that he was going off in Game 6’s. My concern has turned to too much pressure for Klay to live up to the hype. Hope he hits another 8 threes.

Dray in his podcast said Klay really believes in the "Game 6 Klay" thing and he's always very pumped and confident before a game 6!
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#9 » by shazam_guy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:26 pm

RELEASE THE KLAYKEN!
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 86

Post#10 » by Scotty2Hotty » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:47 pm

Impuniti wrote:1. Curry is going to go nuclear.

I still have the Celtics winning, but yeah, the absolute worst circumstance for the Celtics is that Curry went 0-fer last game. They will have to double him to keep him under 30 in Game 6.

However, if Game 6 Klay makes a curtain call…faaaaaagetaboutit.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#11 » by tarantism » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:42 pm

Trying not to feel overconfident but it sure seems like the Celtics are out of adjustments on both sides of the ball. They can't shut down Steph and still shut down the motion offense and post splits for an entire game. They started the second half of game five with insane defensive energy while being successful at both and could only sustain it for a few minutes, and were so gassed down the fourth that their offense fell apart. The Warriors defense has seemingly solved the Celtics riddle and has been solid over the past two games.

Crazy to me that analysts are still spouting the "Celtics are the better team" rhetoric considering the Warriors have now won 3/4, and this series is likely over without an insane shooting streak for Boston in game one.

That being said, the Warriors need to hit their threes and take care of the ball. We must expect adversity from the officiating and keep our cool, especially Draymond who as always has been essential for us on defense. I am concerned that this is the Dray ejection game. And none of it might matter if Boston shoots some insane 3pt% in game six.

But, if this game's story has a happy ending then we see a bounce back Steph game, some version of game six Klay and a continuation of our solid defense. I expect Boston to run out of gas again even deeper into the series with the kind of defense that they need to play to stop the Warriors and we can take advantage of that as the deeper team.

Buckle up.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#12 » by Old_Blue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:04 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:That Wilt Otto switch is genius, is Otto one of Wilt’s grandsons?

Wilt got around quite a bit. 20,000 women according to him. It's entirely possible that he's got 10,000 or so children, 20,000 or so grandchildren, and 40,000 or so great grandchildren.

https://www.sportscasting.com/wilt-chamberlain-claimed-he-slept-with-20000-women-during-his-life/
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#13 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 pm

I love a good klayoff game.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#14 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:06 am

I really want them to win it all on Thursday for so many reasons but mostly to see them get the Larry O'Brien on lucky at half court after the FU Draymond and Klay chants. Also my son is playing in a tournament on Father's Day and I just want to enjoy myself at his game and not be all worked up over a game 7.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#15 » by cdubbz » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:14 am

Impuniti wrote:1. Curry is going to go nuclear.
2. We're finally getting Ottomatic Corner Jr. aka Otto Chamberlain special.
3. Game. 6. Klay.

I feel when a big game was expected from the Warriors they disappeared. I hate that I feel that way too. Bounce back game for Steph, Game 6 Klay, Wiggins continued elite play, Poole being a spark off the bench, etc. seems too good to be true to win it all tomorrow.

With that said Dubs in 6.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#16 » by cdubbz » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:21 am

Early Foul trouble always worries me. Curry, Looney, Green & Wiggins cannot get in early foul trouble. I left Klay out because Poole is a solid replacement.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#17 » by HiRez » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 am

I say 34 for Klay, 24 points + 11 assists for Steph.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#18 » by Coxy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:58 am

This is Steph's time.

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#19 » by watch1958 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:08 am

Klay is smoking hot early. Scott Foster tries to even things up, and nails Klay with two quick fouls.

Poole hits a couple of rhythm 3s. Foster calls a couple of ticky-tack fouls on Jordan.

Moody comes in and plays 8 second quarter minutes, scores 7 points, and strips Tatum 3 times.

Foster gives up and the Warriors roll to a comfortable win.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#20 » by jaymo123 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:12 am

watch1958 wrote:Klay is smoking hot early. Scott Foster tries to even things up, and nails Klay with two quick fouls.

Poole hits a couple of rhythm 3s. Foster calls a couple of ticky-tack fouls on Jordan.

Moody comes in and plays 8 second quarter minutes, scores 7 points, and strips Tatum 3 times.

Foster gives up and the Warriors roll to a comfortable win.

Wait, Foster is reffing? Dubs win because he gotta make up for the BS calls he had in Game 3.

Return to Golden State Warriors