Re: Ideal free agents for next year? 

Post#21 » by killmongrel » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:57 pm

Tomas Satoransky?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#22 » by The-Power » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:52 pm

FNQ wrote:I dont think we have the luxury of finding people who play the same unique way as Steph and Dray. Never have. How many in the league could?

I'm not saying let's find players who play the same unique way. But I'm not sure I'd want a traditional back-up PG to help our younger players when the ultimate goal is to get them ready to play with Curry and/or Green in the playoffs, which requires a different style. That doesn't mean we have to find replicas of those two guys, but players who can play well in a Kerr-style motion offense. But as I said, if he can be had for the cheap, we may just have to try it out and see if Rubio works because he's clearly an impactful player.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#23 » by WarFan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:32 am

killmongrel wrote:Tomas Satoransky?

I like him a lot for the dubs. Probably my number one vet min target. Robin Lopez and Thad Young up there as well depending on what else happens.

If they lose Looney to some giant offer I'd give the full TMLE to Jalen Smith for 3 years and cross my fingers he takes it. He's not nearly as good of a defender as Looney, but more scoring potential and shot blocking. More similar to Bjelicia right now, but I think he could really improve on defense. They'd need a strong defensive veteran like RLopez to be the 3rd big.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,250

Post#24 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:39 am

There's talk about Sato going back to Europe. He might be able to get more than an NBA vet minimum with some of the richer clubs over there.
WarFan
RealGM

Post#25 » by WarFan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:41 am

wco81 wrote:There's talk about Sato going back to Europe. He might be able to get more than an NBA vet minimum with some of the richer clubs over there.

Yeah, that's definitely possible. Last I saw was that he was waiting until July to see what the offers are and could go either way.
WarFan
RealGM

Post#26 » by WarFan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:46 am

azwfan wrote:
marthafokker wrote:Can the Dubbs sign Chriss back instead of Belly or JTA?

Ive thought about bringing Chriss back also. He looked like he was turning the corner in his career before his injury.

It’ll be interesting how similar or different this team looks next season.

Watching some of the post game / season interviews has me more excited about JK. Seems like his teammates really believe in him and seems like he may have matured quite a bit from early season. Maybe he can get rotation minutes next year which may make getting an additional big not necessarily a requirement.

Still if Belly wants more than the minimum or we’re good with an additional ball handler, I’d be open to bringing Chriss back with opportunity to make the club.

Other reclamation projects:
Josh Okogie
Jarrett Culver (this is mainly for Lols i dont actually like him)
Josh Jackson

I think Chriss just had another knee surgery right before he got traded to Houston, so probably not worth the gamble. If he was fully healthy again I'd be down as I agree he seemed about to become a good rotation big.

Of your other reclamation guys mentioned, Okogie is the only one I'd consider and that's only if they lose GP2. Another guy I probably like a little better for that role is Jevon Carter.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#27 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:15 am

Jingles is going to be out for a significant portion of next season and will spend the rest of the time working his way back.. unless its on a 2 year min deal, which he'd never do, I dont see the value in bringing him in
WarFan
RealGM

Post#28 » by WarFan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:18 am

Jingles and Rubio would both be great fits but not next year because of the injuries.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#29 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:29 am

WarFan wrote:Jingles and Rubio would both be great fits but not next year because of the injuries.

My understanding is that Rubio is far ahead of Jingles in terms of recovery because he had immediate surgery while Jingles' was delayed.. I'd be willing to take the gamble on Rubio because I'd expect him to have 3-4 months more time healing than Jingles, and we're mainly looking for playoff help

Also I think there's more wings on the market we can use, PG is pretty shallow. So yea, I'd be a little wary of Rubio's injury but I'd take the risk there. Plus he'd almost definitely have to play for the minimum, so that risk is acceptable
WarFan
RealGM

Post#30 » by WarFan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:38 am

FNQ wrote:
WarFan wrote:Jingles and Rubio would both be great fits but not next year because of the injuries.

My understanding is that Rubio is far ahead of Jingles in terms of recovery because he had immediate surgery while Jingles' was delayed.. I'd be willing to take the gamble on Rubio because I'd expect him to have 3-4 months more time healing than Jingles, and we're mainly looking for playoff help

Also I think there's more wings on the market we can use, PG is pretty shallow. So yea, I'd be a little wary of Rubio's injury but I'd take the risk there. Plus he'd almost definitely have to play for the minimum, so that risk is acceptable

Interesting. If Rubio is really that far ahead and ready to contribute, I'd expect some team to offer him a good bit more than the vet minimum and probably for 2 or 3 years. But ok, if he'll take vet min here, I'm in.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#31 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:56 am

WarFan wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Interesting. If Rubio is really that far ahead and ready to contribute, I'd expect some team to offer him a good bit more than the vet minimum and probably for 2 or 3 years. But ok, if he'll take vet min here, I'm in.

I think there are personal connections that make it more possible.

Rubio took wiggins under his wing in minnesota, they even spent time in spain together during their off seasons.

Rubio stayed at bjellys house when he came to minnesota for a game.

Hes good friends for both those guys, so after watching them get the title, i think hed want in over getting a few extra dollars elsewhere.

Thats assuming bob is even interested.
WarFan
RealGM

Post#32 » by WarFan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:50 pm

wco81 wrote:There's talk about Sato going back to Europe. He might be able to get more than an NBA vet minimum with some of the richer clubs over there.

You were right
Read on Twitter
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#33 » by donkeylips » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:06 pm

batum wont leave the clippers. he credits lue for saving him. id be happy if warriors signed hartenstein.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#34 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:41 pm

As long as we are dreaming, Thad Young.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#35 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:01 pm

Rubio if we lose Payton
Ibaka if we lose Bjelica
Tears of sadness if we lose OPJ
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#36 » by Scoundreldays » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:39 pm

donkeylips wrote:batum wont leave the clippers. he credits lue for saving him. id be happy if warriors signed hartenstein.

I'd hate to lose him on the Clippers (most likely will) but Hartenstein would be a great fit for the warriors. Lue was even letting him shoot some 3's at the end of the season so if he keeps improving there I think it would be huge.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#37 » by killmongrel » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:30 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Rubio if we lose Payton
Ibaka if we lose Bjelica

I love OPJ, but am I the only one who doesn't think it's that big of a deal if he walks?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#38 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:19 pm

killmongrel wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Rubio if we lose Payton
Ibaka if we lose Bjelica

I love OPJ, but am I the only one who doesn't think it's that big of a deal if he walks?

Nope, I agree. His availability is a big concern of mine. I'd be glad if someone made him a decent offer so we could just thank him and wish him well.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#39 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:21 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:
donkeylips wrote:batum wont leave the clippers. he credits lue for saving him. id be happy if warriors signed hartenstein.

I'd hate to lose him on the Clippers (most likely will) but Hartenstein would be a great fit for the warriors. Lue was even letting him shoot some 3's at the end of the season so if he keeps improving there I think it would be huge.

Will he sign for another minimum or will he get better offers, do you think?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#40 » by watch1958 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:30 pm

Joel Ayayi
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.

Return to Golden State Warriors