ImageImageImageImageImage

Ideal free agents for next year?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Re: Ideal free agents for next year? 

Post#61 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:05 am

I've read GPII wants 15 millions. If that's true, we may have to look for another defensive guard.
Rubio would be perfect for this team in my opinion. Limited minutes should help him stay healthy, which has always been his problem.
Ricky has all the skills you want in a Warrior and he's also a great guy who would fit perfectly in the team culture.
I just don't know if he's available for the minimum, I'm pretty sure he can get more if he wants. If not in the NBA, in Europe.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,250

Post#62 » by Outside » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:55 pm

Rubio tore his ACL at the end of December. He's going to be out for a while and may not be the same for a while after that.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#63 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:15 pm

Batum surprisingly declined his option and will become a free agent.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#64 » by Badly Browned » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:48 pm

That the Warriors have been rumored to be working out Tyreke Evans a bunch tells me that are looking for a veteran playmaker, and I would think they want one that can defend 2s when playing next to Poole/Curry.

Been liking Rubio for a couple years now, dunno what to make of his injury recovery though.

Otherwise, I think FA will be mostly re-signing our guys.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#65 » by wco81 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:20 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Batum surprisingly declined his option and will become a free agent.

Probably looking for full MLE. But Clippers can give it to him now or more, since the owner is rich.

Hell they gave Covington 2 years $24 million so Batum is going to want at least that.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,899

Post#66 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:23 pm

wco81 wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Batum surprisingly declined his option and will become a free agent.

Probably looking for full MLE. But Clippers can give it to him now or more, since the owner is rich.

Hell they gave Covington 2 years $24 million so Batum is going to want at least that.

maybe Batum is looking at the Clippers wing position being too crowded? they have Kawhi, PG, Powell and Covington.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#67 » by wco81 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:12 pm

If the Clippers are willing to pay him more than $10 million, vs. Warriors offering at most a TPMLE, which is he going to choose?

Clippers believe they have as good a chance to contend for a title next season.

So he'd be getting paid more and be on a contender.

Also he could have left the Clippers before this season and he stayed.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#68 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:16 pm

Outside wrote:Rubio tore his ACL at the end of December. He's going to be out for a while and may not be the same for a while after that.

Not all tears are the same, and from what I hear Rubio's timeline is going to be on the shorter end. If it wasn't a reconstruction (which is unclear at this time), there was no subsequent LCL damage, and the surgery done being almost immediately after the injury is a good sign re: cleanup/recovery time

Based on the peripheral data, him being ready to start the season, or close to it, is not out of the question. And with those same peripherals, there's less 'recovery buildup', or people who need X or Y amount of time to get back up to speed. This is again due to how clean the injury likely is
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:17 pm

Badly Browned wrote:That the Warriors have been rumored to be working out Tyreke Evans a bunch tells me that are looking for a veteran playmaker, and I would think they want one that can defend 2s when playing next to Poole/Curry.

Been liking Rubio for a couple years now, dunno what to make of his injury recovery though.

itd be a terrible idea to go to Tyreke if we're looking for a playmaker.. can't just keep adding combo guards to the mix and think its getting better

If we need playmaking, get a playmaker. No half-measures
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#70 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:24 pm

wco81 wrote:If the Clippers are willing to pay him more than $10 million, vs. Warriors offering at most a TPMLE, which is he going to choose?

Clippers believe they have as good a chance to contend for a title next season.

So he'd be getting paid more and be on a contender.

Also he could have left the Clippers before this season and he stayed.

Yeah if I was him I'd absolutely re-sign with LAC for a multi-year $10M+ annual deal.

The guy is 33 and has had some big injuries. It would be smart to prioritize max money and max years especially if you can still play for a contending team (that may or may not be a favorite).
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#71 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:36 pm

FNQ wrote:
Badly Browned wrote:That the Warriors have been rumored to be working out Tyreke Evans a bunch tells me that are looking for a veteran playmaker, and I would think they want one that can defend 2s when playing next to Poole/Curry.

itd be a terrible idea to go to Tyreke if we're looking for a playmaker.. can't just keep adding combo guards to the mix and think its getting better

And who is that player?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:40 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

And who is that player?

Not Tyreke
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#73 » by WarFan » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:56 pm

He’s opting out because the clips have early bird rights now and can offer $11m per year now, and they’ll probably give him most if not all of that.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#74 » by Upperclass » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:26 am

as a youngish sg.. Macio Teague is another guy they should consider taking a shot on for an end of bench, scorer/defender
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#75 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:13 am

FNQ wrote:
Outside wrote:Rubio tore his ACL at the end of December. He's going to be out for a while and may not be the same for a while after that.

Not all tears are the same, and from what I hear Rubio's timeline is going to be on the shorter end. If it wasn't a reconstruction (which is unclear at this time), there was no subsequent LCL damage, and the surgery done being almost immediately after the injury is a good sign re: cleanup/recovery time

Based on the peripheral data, him being ready to start the season, or close to it, is not out of the question. And with those same peripherals, there's less 'recovery buildup', or people who need X or Y amount of time to get back up to speed. This is again due to how clean the injury likely is

Dubs won't be chasing 70 wins, so they have time to allow rubio to heal up at the start of the season.

Return to Golden State Warriors