ImageImageImageImageImage

Which of the youngin's do you value most.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

1 Poole
35%
2 Kuminga
41%
3 Wiseman
17%
4 Moody
7%

Total votes: 54

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:37 pm

If a big time trade does happen (unlikely) I'm wondering which of the young talents you would absolutely refuse to include with Wiggins in a package deal.

EDIT: Added Moody
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Which of the youngin's do you value most. 

Post#2 » by donkeylips » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:26 pm

Poole
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#3 » by The-Power » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:27 pm

Poole #1 easily. Then Kuminga, then Wiseman (not least due to injury concerns, a year less team control, and salary). But Wiseman could quickly jump up again if he stays healthy and plays effectively within his role to establish a solid floor.

Any reason you didn't include Moody? Not sure if I'd rather have him or Kuminga, it's close. Kuminga is the upside swing, Moody is more likely to be valuable contributor as he is easier project to fit into our system and play within himself.
ivorytower
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#4 » by ivorytower » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:33 pm

1. Poole: concerns about the offensive consistency and obviously the defense, but he did play an important role in a championship run and can dribble, pass, and shoot.
    2. Kuminga: Flashed upside but frankly doesn't really know how to play basketball yet, is all over the place defensively especially off-ball, the shot may never come around, and unclear whether he'll ever be more than a play finisher
    3. Wiseman: injury history first and foremost, but even aside from that didn't seem to have any feel for the game

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#5 » by watch1958 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:42 pm

Moses Moody
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#6 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:01 pm

Yeah, Moody is so quiet you forgot to include him.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#7 » by Money_ » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:26 am

I chose Kuminga.

JP in the here and now is the one with the most proven experience/value.
But for JP to get to the next level, he has to prove that he can lead.

Any of our young core could have a breakout season in 2023 or 24.

If Kuminga models his game off of Wiggins, he is going to be dangerous.
Defend the other teams best player, rebound, get buckets.
He's is still very young, and inexperienced but he is the one I'm most excited about.

It's all about defense if they're gonna level up.. JP needs to drastically improve, but same with Kuminga. Hopefully that is where we see a lot of growth.

If Wiseman can be that guy, block shots, defend, rebound, set picks, rim run, lob dunk etc This team has a bright future..
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#8 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:43 am

xdrta+ wrote:Yeah, Moody is so quiet you forgot to include him.

Didn't forget but thought....if this is about which is the top talent to keep...would he ever be in that conversation at this point? I'll update the poll if possible.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#9 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:53 am

How is it that I'm the 7th poster and the 1st vote?
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#10 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 am

Scoots1994 wrote:How is it that I'm the 7th poster and the 1st vote?

My bad. I guess when I edited the poll and added Moody it started new.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#11 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:15 am

I voted Kuminga, with Poole a close second. But given your initial premise, I'd be more hesitant to trade Wiggins than any of them. And he's still surprisingly young himself.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#12 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:56 am

Poole has already arrived and Wiseman has the most upside potential but Kuminga is the guy I am most excited about. I am feeling confident that Kuminga will become an All-star even though I don’t normally count my chickens before they hatch.

I am more confident of Kuminga becoming an All-star than I was of Anthony Randolph becoming an All-star.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#13 » by lars_rosenberg » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:19 pm

1a. Kuminga: huge physical tools and the perfect environment to grow into a superstar.
1b. Poole: the most accomplished of the young players, but making the jump to all-star / superstar is very hard and his lack of defense and size makes it harder for him. On the other hand he's the only sure thing, as he's already good.
2. Moody: less star potential than the other two, but he's still a very promising player. He could become a Khris Middleton-level player, a second best player in a championship team.
3. Wiseman: he's the unknown. He played little and not good. Injury prone. Super raw. I wish he can stay healthy and become a good player, but I don't count on it.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#14 » by HiRez » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:17 pm

Pretty much everything Lars said. I stick with Kuminga first, the vast array of potential isn't matched by any of the others and while he had an up and down year, he proved that he's not a fluke or an Anthony Randolph. Actually made a lot more progress than I thought he would (including dramatically raising all his shooting %s) and did it despite pretty erratic playing time. Impressive ability as a rookie to get to the line at a high rate (best on the team per minute played by a large margin).

Poole has proven the most, but he's also played more than others so not really a fair comparison. Is due for a massive contract where the others will be on cheap contracts for longer. But right now he's really the only playmaker we have outside of Steph and Draymond and that's important.

Moody just looks like a promising jack of all trades, steady, smart, reliable type of guy and he's probably more useful to keep than whatever trade value you could get. I wouldn't want to include him as a throw-in for a trade.

Wiseman seems the most likely to be traded because traditional centers are de-emphasized in Kerr's system, multiple injuries, and a questionable fit in a ball-movement heavy system. Personally I have more hope for Wiseman if they simplify his role and make him a "super Javale" rather than the rookie we saw trying to do everything including a lot of jumpers from 18 feet plus. But he needs to be able to be a little bit of Bogut with some better rim defense (his block attempts were telegraphed, poorly positioned, and poorly timed) and knowing how to play under the basket on offense without clogging the middle and getting in the way of his own teammates.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#15 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:19 pm

I'd say Wiseman.

Even if the other 3 guys turn out to be better players than him, if he realizes his potential he adds a dimension to our team that nobody else in the roster could be able to replicate.

From my point of view, Wiseman just needs to stay healthy and get reps. The sky's the limit.

For the record, I like all 4 players.

Poole is already about a top 80/90 player, just another jump and he'd be a borderline All-Star. His jump this season was unexpected for me, such a rare ocurrence I've ever seen in my 30+ years following the NBA... his 1st and a half season were horrible, putrid.

Kuminga is amazing and Moody is dependable... the bust factor for these guys doesn't exist IMO.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#16 » by a8bil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:00 am

Poole easily for me. Reasons: (1) He is still very young; (2) He has shown immense progress over his time with GSW, even with his 1st year being a total waste; (3) He can shoot, very well; (4) He's got a lightening 1st step; (5) He's got great handles; (6) He is reported to have a fantastic work ethic; and (7) he shows flashed of brilliance as a ball distributor. Really hard to see any downside in this game other than his on ball defense. But, GSW hid steph for years...it's less important if the balance of your squad had solid 2-way players.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#17 » by The-Power » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:54 pm

a8bil wrote:Poole easily for me. Reasons: (1) He is still very young; (2) He has shown immense progress over his time with GSW, even with his 1st year being a total waste; (3) He can shoot, very well; (4) He's got a lightening 1st step; (5) He's got great handles; (6) He is reported to have a fantastic work ethic; and (7) he shows flashed of brilliance as a ball distributor. Really hard to see any downside in this game other than his on ball defense. But, GSW hid steph for years...it's less important if the balance of your squad had solid 2-way players.

8) He has already proven to be a valuable player for a championship team.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#18 » by Old_Blue » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:54 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Yeah, Moody is so quiet you forgot to include him.

Didn't forget but thought....if this is about which is the top talent to keep...would he ever be in that conversation at this point? I'll update the poll if possible.

Moody absolutely deserves consideration in this discussion. Because he's so often referred to as an "old soul," it's easy to forget that he just turned 20. Then, consider that when given at least 26 minutes (an admittedly small sample size of only 4 games last season), Moody put up 19.5 per game, 5 boards and a shooting line of 49/47/82. Wiseman is big. Kuminga is athletic. Poole is a microwave. Moody might still end up being better than any of them.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#19 » by WESCO » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:04 pm

Poole will put up the numbers but I think Kuminga is going to be asked to do a lot this year with GP2,Otto, and Jelly gone.

I don't trust Moody as an on ball point of attack defender he's definitely good in the team scheme and is a much better rebounder than both kuminga/Wiseman (who both have the tools to be elite)
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,437

Post#20 » by Big J » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:22 pm

Poole easily. He's an elite scorer, and that matters most in todays game.

Return to Golden State Warriors