clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,219

Re: Warriors will remain in infinite drama due Draymond's podcast 

Post#41 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
Held Boston under 100 in 4/6 games - you think Dray had something to do with that?

very little - our best defensive lineups actually had more of Gp2, Wiggy and Loon than Dray.

also /

Net Ratings:

Gp2: +45
OPJ: +39
Loon: +19
Steph: +13
Wiggy: -2
Dray: -9
Poole: -9
Klay: -12

Hadn't seen these numbers I'll admit I just watched the games and his impact looked clear.

I know the series totally flipped when we put Draymond on Brown

the series flipped when Steph dropped a 40 bomb in G4 that tied it 2-2...if Steph didn't go off we would've been down 1-3, largely because of Dray's complete incompetence up to that point.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,651

Post#42 » by parsnips33 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
very little - our best defensive lineups actually had more of Gp2, Wiggy and Loon than Dray.

also /

Net Ratings:

Hadn't seen these numbers I'll admit I just watched the games and his impact looked clear.

the series flipped when Steph dropped a 40 bomb in G4 that tied it 2-2...if Steph didn't go off we would've been down 1-3, largely because of Dray's complete incompetence up to that point.

Well you won't hear me arguing about Steph's game 4

Don't think the adjustment of putting Green on Brown can be ignored tho
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#43 » by Impuniti » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
remember when Dray was carried by Steph (again)?

people really now pretending Dray didn't have one of the worst finals performances we've ever seen G1 thru G4.

Held Boston under 100 in 4/6 games - you think Dray had something to do with that?

also /

Net Ratings:

Klay and negative advance stats, always a pair. :lol: It is surprising to see Dray that far down though. Generally Dray before this year's PS is always somewhere at the top of these lists.

Hopefully those back issues are part of the reason and he comes back more energetic next season. And this isn't the beginning of the end of his physical prime.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,651

Post#44 » by parsnips33 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:55 pm

Impuniti wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
remember when Dray was carried by Steph (again)?

people really now pretending Dray didn't have one of the worst finals performances we've ever seen G1 thru G4.

Read on Twitter

This was after game 3 I believe. I can't find it now, but there was another one that said I think the entire team dRTG was 8 or 10 lower when Dray was off the floor then as well during the first half of the series. I suspect part of that was that he was paired with JP who was real bad defensively in the series. Dray started defending and working harder (while locking Brown up) in the second half of the series which made a big difference, but Dray was bad throughout the series. He was on pace to have an all time legendary horrible series until game 6.

In first 4 games:
6-26, 0-9, 5-10
28% TS while being left wide open on most shots.

Even throughout the entire series:
More TOs than field goals made.
More fouls than field goals made.

I think his defense in games 4-6 was huge. Game 6 was his best game, but his rotations were on point the whole second half of the series and hid defense on Brown was big since game 2
clyde21
RealGM

Post#45 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:02 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

Well you won't hear me arguing about Steph's game 4

Don't think the adjustment of putting Green on Brown can be ignored tho

i don't think Dray being devastatingly bad everywhere else can be ignored either.

we were VERY close to being down 1-3 in this series and quite possibly losing it at that point given the game Steph had in G5. that was primarily on Dray being historically bad.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#46 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:36 pm

B-King wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
B-King wrote:Not a big fan of him conducting broadcasts during the playoffs for reasons stated by others. Maybe on his next contract the team inserts a clause to address it. Podcasts, TNT appearances and the like.

Do you think professional athletes should just sit in their hotel rooms and read when they are not playing? Do you think your employer should tell you what not to do when you are not working?

During the playoffs, many successful coaches/organizations suggest that players avoid social media. This is a related evolution of that medium. My suggestion is that a team might want to address that contractually and the player could negotiate that accordingly.

Do you not think Draymond was distracted? He was garbage on the court when he was firing away on everyone in his podcast. My suggestion was merely for the benefit of the team to focus more so on the task at hand during the playoffs only. This would have to be agreed upon by player.

Your statement implies that their down time is 100% theirs to do as they wish. There already exists clauses for some professional athletes to not engage in certain activities in general.

You saying that many coaches/organizations suggest players avoid social media ... is a long LONG way from not allowing them to, and it would surprise me if any member of the Warriors staff or roster spent no time on social media over the playoffs.

How would I know if Dray was distracted? I believe he was struggling on the floor, but a big part of that I put on the Celtics plan to neutralize him.

Can you name the clauses in any Warrior players contract that restricts them from "certain activities in general"? Other than committing a felony of course because that is part of the basic NBA player contract in the CBA. I know some teams have put bans on motorcycle use and I recall one banning skiing, but I have no reason to believe the current Warriors contracts list specific banned activities.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#47 » by shazam_guy » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:56 pm

Well, that was a short honeymoon after winning the title. But it's clearly over, and it's time for the fans to bitch about the Warriors again. Hooray.

One of Draymond's good friends (and former college roommate) Adreian Payne was shot to death during the playoffs. Haven't heard a single Green-complainer admit that might have had something to do with his occasional down games. Not that it's an excuse, nor has Draymond mentioned it as one, but it's typical of how non-Warriors-friendly a lot of the criticism is here on the Warriors board.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#48 » by B-King » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:28 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
B-King wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Do you think professional athletes should just sit in their hotel rooms and read when they are not playing? Do you think your employer should tell you what not to do when you are not working?

During the playoffs, many successful coaches/organizations suggest that players avoid social media. This is a related evolution of that medium. My suggestion is that a team might want to address that contractually and the player could negotiate that accordingly.

Do you not think Draymond was distracted? He was garbage on the court when he was firing away on everyone in his podcast. My suggestion was merely for the benefit of the team to focus more so on the task at hand during the playoffs only. This would have to be agreed upon by player.

Your statement implies that their down time is 100% theirs to do as they wish. There already exists clauses for some professional athletes to not engage in certain activities in general.

You saying that many coaches/organizations suggest players avoid social media ... is a long LONG way from not allowing them to, and it would surprise me if any member of the Warriors staff or roster spent no time on social media over the playoffs.

How would I know if Dray was distracted? I believe he was struggling on the floor, but a big part of that I put on the Celtics plan to neutralize him.

Can you name the clauses in any Warrior players contract that restricts them from "certain activities in general"? Other than committing a felony of course because that is part of the basic NBA player contract in the CBA. I know some teams have put bans on motorcycle use and I recall one banning skiing, but I have no reason to believe the current Warriors contracts list specific banned activities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/07/06/yes-there-are-some-things-pro-athletes-arent-allowed-to-do/
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,355

Post#49 » by CS707 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:02 pm

Green is going to be drama with or without a podcast lol. Just another day with Dray.

I'll keep him though.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 791

Post#50 » by Old_Blue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am

shazam_guy wrote:Well, that was a short honeymoon after winning the title. But it's clearly over, and it's time for the fans to bitch about the Warriors again. Hooray.

Meh. The vast majority of Warriors fans are still basking in the glow of the most satisfying of the four championships. It's only the real dregs of society who are soiling their diapers, crying for the dismantling of a championship team. Then again, these are the same morons who spent all of last season screaming that "Steph is too old," "Kerr is a bad coach" and "Bob Myers is a bad GM." Who knows what their agenda is. Absent good cause, the modus operandi of the criminally insane is a rabbit hole best left undisturbed.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,278

Post#51 » by Impuniti » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:43 am

The-Power wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Him constantly barking at the media and players is not good for the team, that's reality. And the only reason he's doing this is purely out of selfish reasons, where he puts his business over the team.

Both of that is just your unverified assumption. It's certainly not an indisputable ‘reality’. I get it, you don't like Green. It's not everyone's cup of tea how he behaves off the court (I don't care for it either) but a) he has been a very valuable player for us last season whether you want to admit that or not, b) you are merely speculating here regarding how it affects the team, and c) I have faith in Kerr, the FO and our vets that they'll take the right steps if they ever feel like Draymond's off-court business hurts the team. It's really not that serious yet.

Well unless we hear Draymond speaking on in private, of course. It's impossible to know something that you can't fully measure in terms of whether it affects the team and/or how much. But I would imagine that bringing drama to a team is not good, unless we are going to argue otherwise? If you or somebody else wants to argue that someone being a drama center 24/7 is a good thing or something that has no effect on a team, then go ahead. But I'm not buying it. Just a quick little example of Draymond today when he mentions the KD storyline in JJ's podcast right. We needed KD and wouldn't win without him. He's never said this before, but all off the sudden in the offseason he brings this up. My guess is again.. the podcast. He doesn't have content to talk about because it's usually just mangled mesh of him **** on the current media or talking about the game. He can only repeat calling out the media for so long, so he needs new material. What he said about KD is going to be talked about for the next week in the media, and his name will be dropped consistently.

And you put everything into one aspect in your last post. If the team wins, it cures all illness and diseases and nothing is wrong. Purely reactive-based mentality. You think Curry is happy listening to his teammate say they were finding him out and they couldn't win without another there, especially with the egos every superstar has? Now he's not going to do anything because it's all about the bottom line with the Chef, but you can claim it's normal behavior. This is just 1 of many, many examples. And there will be many more moving forward.

Btw, I never said Dray isn't valuable, he is and is still necessary to move forward and continue to win. I have faith in the FO, Kerr and Curry in terms of leadership. Dray also has some great leadership qualities but clearly has a lot of negatives as well. He's basically a mordern day Rodman nutcase. But knowing Dray, I don't know what they can do because even if it affects the team enough, Dray isn't the type of guy that has any self awareness or accountability. His interview with KD about the blame being on the FO for example is still hysterical. As is his response when Bob tried to sort the situation when it happened.

I imagine quite a few on here think I'm reaching. But reality is that Dray is going to continue to pump TMZ-related headlines to ensure content and the word is out there to bring enough excitement to his podcast. I personally do think these matter, but I can't know if it causes enough issue to ever jeopardize a championship year, impossible to know. Dray is essentially an IG model now, and he will continue to shake his ass for views for the next few years. Fully expecting interviews like the one from today to continue in the future.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 457

Post#52 » by Romulus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:32 am

Impuniti wrote:
The-Power wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Him constantly barking at the media and players is not good for the team, that's reality. And the only reason he's doing this is purely out of selfish reasons, where he puts his business over the team.

Both of that is just your unverified assumption. It's certainly not an indisputable ‘reality’. I get it, you don't like Green. It's not everyone's cup of tea how he behaves off the court (I don't care for it either) but a) he has been a very valuable player for us last season whether you want to admit that or not, b) you are merely speculating here regarding how it affects the team, and c) I have faith in Kerr, the FO and our vets that they'll take the right steps if they ever feel like Draymond's off-court business hurts the team. It's really not that serious yet.

Well unless we hear Draymond speaking on in private, of course. It's impossible to know something that you can't fully measure in terms of whether it affects the team and/or how much. But I would imagine that bringing drama to a team is not good, unless we are going to argue otherwise? If you or somebody else wants to argue that someone being a drama center 24/7 is a good thing or something that has no effect on a team, then go ahead. But I'm not buying it. Just a quick little example of Draymond today when he mentions the KD storyline in JJ's podcast right. We needed KD and wouldn't win without him. He's never said this before, but all off the sudden in the offseason he brings this up. My guess is again.. the podcast. He doesn't have content to talk about because it's usually just mangled mesh of him **** on the current media or talking about the game. He can only repeat calling out the media for so long, so he needs new material. What he said about KD is going to be talked about for the next week in the media, and his name will be dropped consistently.

And you put everything into one aspect in your last post. If the team wins, it cures all illness and diseases and nothing is wrong. Purely reactive-based mentality. You think Curry is happy listening to his teammate say they were finding him out and they couldn't win without another there, especially with the egos every superstar has? Now he's not going to do anything because it's all about the bottom line with the Chef, but you can claim it's normal behavior. This is just 1 of many, many examples. And there will be many more moving forward.

Btw, I never said Dray isn't valuable, he is and is still necessary to move forward and continue to win. I have faith in the FO, Kerr and Curry in terms of leadership. Dray also has some great leadership qualities but clearly has a lot of negatives as well. He's basically a mordern day Rodman nutcase. But knowing Dray, I don't know what they can do because even if it affects the team enough, Dray isn't the type of guy that has any self awareness or accountability. His interview with KD about the blame being on the FO for example is still hysterical. As is his response when Bob tried to sort the situation when it happened.

I imagine quite a few on here think I'm reaching. But reality is that Dray is going to continue to pump TMZ-related headlines to ensure content and the word is out there to bring enough excitement to his podcast. I personally do think these matter, but I can't know if it causes enough issue to ever jeopardize a championship year, impossible to know. Dray is essentially an IG model now, and he will continue to shake his ass for views for the next few years. Fully expecting interviews like the one from today to continue in the future.

Your post is spot on. We all agree -- even with his offensive decline -- Draymond is quite valuable to the team's success. And no, he isn't going to be traded with winning another championship. He realizes he can say or do just about anything he wants and management will never dare trade him. And they won't.

But here's my crazy take -- I would have traded Draymond shortly after the KD-Green blow-up during the Clippers game. That would have been the final straw -- calling out your teammate in front of the entire team, calling him a bit** and telling him to leave? Draymond would have likely been in Portland and there's a very real possibility KD is still playing for the Warriors this very day.

That's what I would have done. No player in Warrior history disgusts me more than Draymond. Saying he would take a game off to go see Lebron break the scoring record?

What's funny? In these playoffs, the defense was actually better without him on the floor. Who would have ever guessed?

Steph Curry deserves a better teammate than Draymond Green. He really does.
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,512

Post#53 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:40 am

Impuniti wrote:
The-Power wrote:

I pushed back earlier the day before yesterday on your post in GB but I sat and watched the newest podcast while doing some work and a lot of the stuff he said rubbed me the wrong way. I understand being brash and outspoken but he's been straight-up disrespectful to a bunch of players and it seems he does not or did not respect the Celtics despite being the primary reason we could have gone down 3-1 in that series. It's the offseason but, his recent media rounds and constant talking is something that should wait until he's retired.

Also, it's clear there's something with Lebron at play here with the way he's been nut-hugging him recently. Even if he believes the crap he said about needing KD, that's not something you say ,out loud to the media especially at Steph's expense. He'll be the one complaining about the media running with stories when he just gave them a new story to run with. Personally, I would be offended If I was Steph or Kerr. He just reiterated the same thing that KD said when he left.

He might have a short memory because he should remember that if not for his antics, we win in game 5 with him there playing and if not for his continued ineptitude on offense, teams wouldn't "figure out" the Warriors.

Anyhow, I'm sure he doesn't really believe most of the **** he's been spewing because that would be an indication that he lacks any level of self-awareness. He still refuses to acknowledge that he played like hot garbage 4/6 games and even tries to pass off the blame for game 3 on his wife and mother. Even as a warriors fan, I got pissed for the Celtics with the way he was talking as if the Celtics were no threats at all and as if any threat they presented was not a result of him being hot garbage when he can't play 4 on 3.

All I hope is that he tones this stuff down going into next season and actually spends a bit of his free time working on his game. He compliments Steph for working on his own weakness through a backhanded compliment but has yet to make any strides towards his own which will continue to compromise the team the older everyone gets.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,416

Post#54 » by svart » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:44 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:Well, that was a short honeymoon after winning the title. But it's clearly over, and it's time for the fans to bitch about the Warriors again. Hooray.

Meh. The vast majority of Warriors fans are still basking in the glow of the most satisfying of the four championships. It's only the real dregs of society who are soiling their diapers, crying for the dismantling of a championship team. Then again, these are the same morons who spent all of last season screaming that "Steph is too old," "Kerr is a bad coach" and "Bob Myers is a bad GM." Who knows what their agenda is. Absent good cause, the modus operandi of the criminally insane is a rabbit hole best left undisturbed.

you good?

the fck did you smoke?
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
clyde21
RealGM

Post#55 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:23 pm

some people here defending Drays pod like it's their own or something, so fkn weird.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,331

Post#56 » by Onus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 pm

content creation creates a monster because you constantly need to create content and during the off season there is no new basketball content. New media becoming the old media apparently.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
clyde21
RealGM

Post#57 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:43 pm

svart wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

you good?

the fck did you smoke?

hes not :lol:

of course he'd be the one to play the race card. would explain his crypto vitriol. it's like a meme at this point. :lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors