ImageImageImageImageImage

Will Andrew Wiggins regain his 2022 playoff form?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Re: Will Andrew Wiggins regain his 2022 playoff form? 

Post#361 » by wco81 » Fri May 12, 2023 3:56 am

Apparently Wiggins has the same kind of rib cartilage injury that Looney had in the 2019 Finals.

I recall that they thought he'd be out the rest of the series but he came back and played.

But he has seemed a lot less mobile since then, more of a traditional plodding big man. He used to be more of a lob threat back then.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#362 » by vagelis » Fri May 12, 2023 8:48 am

Curry about Wiggins

"It's the best version of who he is and how he can impact games. Him getting up 18 shots is huge. We need that every night. And it's on us as a team to feature him, too, at certain points of the game, because he is such an athlete and he can create his own shot. Got to feed it to him and let him do what he does."

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/warriors-forward-andrew-wiggins-questionable-for-game-6-against-lakers-rib-injury/

About his injury I think he will play this series and if Warriors pass to the next round, he will rest then for 1-2 games.

Lebron is pissed with Wiggins defense and shoves him every time.
He never liked him anyway because there was some critisism back then when he(I think Lebron was part of the decision) traded him right after the draft.
And most Wiggins haters were Lebron fans back then.

Wiggins remembers all that and I think he will play in game 6. And in game 7.
Wiggins you know what you have to do against Lebron (26.1 ppg against Lebron when he played for the Wolves)
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#363 » by michaelm » Fri May 12, 2023 10:37 am

vagelis wrote:Curry about Wiggins

"It's the best version of who he is and how he can impact games. Him getting up 18 shots is huge. We need that every night. And it's on us as a team to feature him, too, at certain points of the game, because he is such an athlete and he can create his own shot. Got to feed it to him and let him do what he does."

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/warriors-forward-andrew-wiggins-questionable-for-game-6-against-lakers-rib-injury/

About his injury I think he will play this series and if Warriors pass to the next round, he will rest then for 1-2 games.

Lebron is pissed with Wiggins defense and shoves him every time.
He never liked him anyway because there was some critisism back then when he(I think Lebron was part of the decision) traded him right after the draft.
And most Wiggins haters were Lebron fans back then.

Wiggins remembers all that and I think he will play in game 6. And in game 7.
Wiggins you know what you have to do against Lebron (26.1 ppg against Lebron when he played for the Wolves)

He should be able to play with a cartilage problem but it will be painful. I doubt a game or two of rest will make any difference to the injury.

Return to Golden State Warriors