ImageImageImageImageImage

There's No Way NBA is Going to let Warriors beat LA

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

There's No Way NBA is Going to let Warriors beat LA 

Post#1 » by Romulus » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:44 am

First, the Lakers shouldn't even be in the playoffs. They magically somehow unloaded the terrible Westbrook contract and then were gifted one good player after the next before the trading deadline; meanwhile, Bob Myers, who desperately needed to get another big, did virtually nothing other than unloading the contract of Wiseman and getting an injured GPII.

So, now, the Lakers actually have a better roster the Warriors.

Also, for whatever reason, this is absolutely the worst whistle the Warriors have had in the Steph Curry era. In fact, by comparison, the Lakers lead the league in free throw plus/minus and the Warriors were nearly at the bottom. It's not an accident when we watch Warrior games this year we feel like we're getting hosed (we are).

Lebron has the media eating out of his hands (Chris Haynes giving Lebron a chest pump after the game just the latest example); he has the league providing everything he needs to make a long playoff run (if not win the entire thing). And you think they would dare to allow the guy who has beaten him 3 out of 4 times (the one series loss a total rig job) to beat him again? NO WAY. NO WAY.

One more championship for Lebron; one more than Curry. It's already been written. It's already been decided.

Be prepared.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,390

Re: There's No Way NBA is Going to let Warriors beat LA 

Post#2 » by svart » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:47 am

Oh, great, another conspiracy theory.............
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Romulus » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:51 am

svart wrote:Oh, great, another conspiracy theory.............

You watch the games? And you think everything is on the up and up?

OK........
svart
Analyst

Post#4 » by svart » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:55 am

yes, my man, i watch the games. I am actually rooting for the lakers to beat the s hit out of those memphis f u c k s.

Let's wait and see if we can beat the Kings first, than wait a little more for at least a game. this is the play-offs, the whistle is different. If we will meet them, they might beat us fair and square with size. Don't know if we have an answer for Street Clothes.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Romulus » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:04 am

svart wrote:yes, my man, i watch the games. I am actually rooting for the lakers to beat the s hit out of those memphis f u c k s.

Let's wait and see if we can beat the Kings first, than wait a little more for at least a game. this is the play-offs, the whistle is different. If we will meet them, they might beat us fair and square with size. Don't know if we have an answer for Street Clothes.

OK. If the Warriors do meet LA, let's revisit your post and see if you feel the same way. I actually hope you are right.

We'll see.
svart
Analyst

Post#6 » by svart » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:08 am

Romulus wrote:
svart wrote:yes, my man, i watch the games. I am actually rooting for the lakers to beat the s hit out of those memphis f u c k s.

OK. If the Warriors do meet LA, let's revisit your post and see if you feel the same way. I actually hope you are right.

We'll see.

Sure. i will eat crow if we make it and you're right. But let's stop here, we're gonna jinx it otherwise.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#7 » by tarantism » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:58 am

I mean, Lakers get a lot of calls and LeBron has always had the benefit of the whistle. Hard to feel like Curry gets hosed based on some of the whistles he gets on threes. Anecdotally, I have always felt that he comes short of the superstar whistle which is odd.

Anyway, we would struggle with the size of the Lakers like we always have. Teams with a major size disadvantage often get called for more fouls, so we can anticipate that. IIRC the Warriors are also near the bottom of the league in foul drawing. So if the Lakers beat us it is unlikely to be because of the refs, even if they have a major advantage in free throw disparity.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#8 » by WarriorGM » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:48 pm

At this stage the bias should already be known by all.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,980

Post#9 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:24 pm

A bit premature of a post, should be focused on the Kings first.

In terms of the Lakers the main differences are that they play inside more (LeBron/AD) and have two foul-baiters (Reaves, Schroeder) where we only have 1 (Poole) and Poole is only OK at it. In the playoffs the NBA allows players to basically be mauled off-ball which hurts us more than other teams. They call less inside, but still give in to some absurd head snaps by someone like Reaves.

So I don't think our foul issues are exclusive to LA, and there is mainly one player getting a wild whistle on LA (Reaves).
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#10 » by Dom801e » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:33 pm

Neither team is out of the first. I hope this bad vibe thread gets locked.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#11 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:53 pm

Romulus wrote:
svart wrote:Oh, great, another conspiracy theory.............

You watch the games? And you think everything is on the up and up?

OK........

Yes. You seem to be proposing that the league would decide which team should win a playoff series, and I personally think that is absolutely asinine.

If the Lakers get out of the first round, and we get out of the first round, and we play the Lakers, and we lose, you can revisit all you want. I'd still give 99.99% chance I think the Lakers beat us, and 0.01% chance I say, "Gee, I guess you were right. There is a big conspiracy going on here, and the NBA is committing billions of dollars in fraud in plain sight."

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#12 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:11 pm

even if that were true, warriors are used to not getting calls anyway so it's nothing new for gsw to overcome. even in steph's mvp years he wasn't getting calls. in this postseason, warriors almost won game 1 at sacramento despite malink monk being gifted 14 free throws while steph barely went to the line despite drawing contact in the paint.
#DubNation
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#13 » by xdrta+ » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:38 pm

Go to almost any fan base and you'll find out that the refs are deep in a conspiracy against that team. If they lose, of course.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#14 » by floppymoose » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:18 pm

On the GB it's the other way around. There are so many GSW haters there that everything is rigged *for* the Warriors.
bicycle
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#15 » by bicycle » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:26 pm

If you win, they call it rigged. It's cope and it's embarrassing, like this thread.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#16 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:26 pm

Refs are human, they make mistakes - just like coaches and players. In any given game, I can guarantee you there are more player mistakes than there are ref mistakes. You just have to make sure you are playing solid enough, limiting the errors, so the inevitable ref mistake isn't the tipping point.

The League is not trying to sabotage or favor the Warriors. Any achievements or disappointments this team experiences, they own 100%.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#17 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:58 pm

There’s no conspiracy but I don’t how they got a bunch of useful rotation players for a 1st and a bunch of garbage.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#18 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:49 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:There’s no conspiracy but I don’t how they got a bunch of useful rotation players for a 1st and a bunch of garbage.

There will always be someplace that will take Westbrook, who has actually been pretty good for the Clippers.

The other big move was getting Rui? He's been great but Wizards weren't going to re-sign him.

Seems that most importantly, Lakers got AD and LeBron healthy at the right time.

Lakers are always a tough matchup for the Warriors because of their size.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#19 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:49 am

The assertion doesn't make any sense. If there is one team that can actually rival Lebron's Lakers for global popularity it's Curry's Warriors. Why would the league try and tip the scales when they can't lose no matter who advances?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#20 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:12 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:The assertion doesn't make any sense. If there is one team that can actually rival Lebron's Lakers for global popularity it's Curry's Warriors. Why would the league try and tip the scales when they can't lose no matter who advances?

His purpose is to jinx the lakers and dubs.

Return to Golden State Warriors