Head Coach
And1: 2,040

Re: Let the Real Offseason Moves Begin! 

Post#381 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Jun 5, 2023 10:28 pm

sjballer03 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Who comes to mind on this squad? Me over team.

lol we all know who Kerr's talking about, and good on him for saying it
and while 2 are incredibly obvious, have to wonder if Wiseman makes 3

Who are the two he's talking about?

Who were the only 2 grousing about minutes?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#382 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 6, 2023 3:44 am

Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Who comes to mind on this squad? Me over team.

Who ever has it going is going to play, but doesn't play moody even though he's being a positive? Come on Steve?

Sure...Kerr sounds open and honest UNTIL he says "play whoever is playing well and GO WITH YOUR GUT". Which one is it???? Go with your gut or the guy that has been playing well?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#383 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 4:42 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
lol we all know who Kerr's talking about, and good on him for saying it
and while 2 are incredibly obvious, have to wonder if Wiseman makes 3

JMG openly wasnt happy about minutes.
DDV openly said how difficult it was not having a consistent role.
JK never said anything but there was a leak indicating he wasnt happy with his minutes (and they talked about him chirping last year also).
JP when asked why he struggled in a game said its tough to get in a rhythm with limited minutes.

So obviously its the two young guys cause thats who the “core” wants to ship out (and not DDV and JMG who are probably gone anyways).

Btw DDV said something to the effect of “i love JP, I ride or die with JP”. Wiggins is his bff, and JK and Poole are close. When its said that the team dislikes Jordan it basically means the “core” guys dont like him cause they dont think he’s earned the right to be a selfish, arrogant, prick while they have. No sources on that last part, but its pretty much what I’ve put together from the stuff MT said preseason, their actions on the court, and the “leaks”.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#384 » by sjballer03 » Tue Jun 6, 2023 4:51 am

azwfan wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:

JK never said anything but there was a leak indicating he wasnt happy with his minutes (and they talked about him chirping last year also).
JP when asked why he struggled in a game said its tough to get in a rhythm with limited minutes.

So obviously its the two young guys cause thats who the “core” wants to ship out (and not DDV and JMG who are probably gone anyways).

Btw DDV said something to the effect of “i love JP, I ride or die with JP”. Wiggins is his bff, and JK and Poole are close. When its said that the team dislikes Jordan it basically means the “core” guys dont like him cause they dont think he’s earned the right to be a selfish, arrogant, prick while they have. No sources on that last part, but its pretty much what I’ve put together from the stuff MT said preseason, their actions on the court, and the “leaks”.

Great post. It was a team wide issue, but it's obvious Kerr is trying to throw certain people under the bus. Doesn't bode well for the team going forward if this is the attitude he's taking.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#385 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Jun 6, 2023 5:08 am

azwfan wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:

TBF, I dont think anyone put much stock in what JMG said, nor do I think he was ever to be an integral part of the team. He basically filled the Nemo role, and Nemo was a bit player at best. And are you sure the DDV quote was from this year? I seem to remember reading that (from Warriors Analyst) in the preseason, but maybe he said it again in during the season? Im not sure why he would, he seemed to have one of the more consistent roles

Kuminga I'll give a pass to as well. He's a kid, and he needs time to develop himself and make himself valuable. He's well below what people think he is, but I tend to forgive the young kids with no intermediate development levels between HS and the NBA. And its not like Kerr has a plan to help bridge that gap

Poole is the one thats undeniable, and its because he is part of the core now. Or was. I dunno, they'll tell us this offseason. But when you are given that big of a contract on this team, there's an expectation of how to play on the court. Now if he wants to be Klay, and get all the rope given to that guy, he needs to provide the same value. And he doesn't, and hasn't. And its far more than just not shooting well, its that he has no other aspect of his game he can consistently rely on. He overdribbles, he's bad off-ball on both sides, and he's bad on-ball on defense. As much as people bag Klay, of which I'm one, he still credibly stretches a defense and locks up a man on O, and at his peak was a top-notch on-ball defender. He had limitations and we worked around them, because he made himself good at other things besides just shooting. And he did that with a 10cent head the entire time. So why can't Poole expand his game in some area that benefits the team if his shot isnt dropping? The vets should be pissed, because if a massive extension can't get you to buy in to playing unselfish on the court, if a title cant do it, if playing on a dynasty with an all time great can't do it, what will?

Cross off a punch to the face because that didnt do it either.. its Poole's call. And so far there's been no signs of him wanting to take that step, in fact this whole situation mirrors his time at Michigan, when he left early because they wouldnt make him the focal point of the offense. The situation around him isnt favorable sure, but a lot of players can be good when everything is good around them.. that extension he got is to be good regardless of the situation. And if he can't, trade him for another talented player thats worn out their welcome and needs a fresh start
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#386 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jun 6, 2023 5:38 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Spoiler:
azwfan wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

TBF, I dont think anyone put much stock in what JMG said, nor do I think he was ever to be an integral part of the team. He basically filled the Nemo role, and Nemo was a bit player at best. And are you sure the DDV quote was from this year? I seem to remember reading that (from Warriors Analyst) in the preseason, but maybe he said it again in during the season? Im not sure why he would, he seemed to have one of the more consistent roles

Kuminga I'll give a pass to as well. He's a kid, and he needs time to develop himself and make himself valuable. He's well below what people think he is, but I tend to forgive the young kids with no intermediate development levels between HS and the NBA. And its not like Kerr has a plan to help bridge that gap

Poole is the one thats undeniable, and its because he is part of the core now. Or was. I dunno, they'll tell us this offseason. But when you are given that big of a contract on this team, there's an expectation of how to play on the court. Now if he wants to be Klay, and get all the rope given to that guy, he needs to provide the same value. And he doesn't, and hasn't. And its far more than just not shooting well, its that he has no other aspect of his game he can consistently rely on. He overdribbles, he's bad off-ball on both sides, and he's bad on-ball on defense. As much as people bag Klay, of which I'm one, he still credibly stretches a defense and locks up a man on O, and at his peak was a top-notch on-ball defender. He had limitations and we worked around them, because he made himself good at other things besides just shooting. And he did that with a 10cent head the entire time. So why can't Poole expand his game in some area that benefits the team if his shot isnt dropping? The vets should be pissed, because if a massive extension can't get you to buy in to playing unselfish on the court, if a title cant do it, if playing on a dynasty with an all time great can't do it, what will?

Cross off a punch to the face because that didnt do it either.. its Poole's call. And so far there's been no signs of him wanting to take that step, in fact this whole situation mirrors his time at Michigan, when he left early because they wouldnt make him the focal point of the offense. The situation around him isnt favorable sure, but a lot of players can be good when everything is good around them.. that extension he got is to be good regardless of the situation. And if he can't, trade him for another talented player thats worn out their welcome and needs a fresh start

Well, they better get it just right this offseason.

"Playing with joy" is quickly leaving the building and being replaced with "we can't win with these cats" and managing the ever growing fragile ego of the core 3 who need the perfect vets, who aren't too young or too old, and who can play the "right way".

They are really going to need to thread the needle to find those players by making trades or who will be willing to sign here at a bargain rate and take most of the blame if they don't win. If I'm one of those guys, is this Warriors team, with an apparent click in the locker room and currently a second round out, really that appealing of an option?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
azwfan
RealGM

Post#387 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 6:54 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
azwfan wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

JMG in a press conference after Sac game 7 said he had to check himself after Steph’s speech. If you recall, reporting at the time was that Steph’s speech was targeted towards JP and JK, yet its JMG who said he needed to check himself (without being asked about it). That tells me the issue is beyond the reported JK and Poole as it was framed thru the leak.

DDV im pretty sure said that in his exit interview press conference but could have been during the playoffs. Im certain it was late in the season / playoffs if not the exit interview press conference.

I agree, if we can trade Poole and improve the club we should do so. I think that should apply to anyone though - except maybe Curry.

I also strongly believe the “core 3” and coaching / management treatment of them HEAVILY contributed to the fractured culture this season. Poole came in an arrogant prick and Dray apparently believes hes the only one who can be an arrogant prick on the team. Management and the coaching staff pretty much confirmed as much by not suspending Draymond.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#388 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Jun 6, 2023 5:39 pm

You guys are making it a lot about reactions to Poole's attitude, but if Poole played on-court the way the Warriors have been playing the past decade, you think they'd care about that attitude (Dray?) Or if he didn't have the attitude and was spotty at best on court, you'd think they'd care (Klay?)

Its because of both.. one of those things needs to give. Blame the vets if you like but this is their reaction to Poole checking both of those boxes.. can't be selfish on-court and also be overly cocky with 3 vets who've done it multiple times without him, and need him to step up his game since he's now part of the locked in core
azwfan
RealGM

Post#389 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 9:25 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:You guys are making it a lot about reactions to Poole's attitude, but if Poole played on-court the way the Warriors have been playing the past decade, you think they'd care about that attitude (Dray?) Or if he didn't have the attitude and was spotty at best on court, you'd think they'd care (Klay?)

Its because of both.. one of those things needs to give. Blame the vets if you like but this is their reaction to Poole checking both of those boxes.. can't be selfish on-court and also be overly cocky with 3 vets who've done it multiple times without him, and need him to step up his game since he's now part of the locked in core

If memory serves JP was assaulted before the season. Any lack of being a good teammate can and should be attributed to that event. As the team was cohesive prior to the punch. In fact by all accounts all was well with everyone on the Japan trip all the way up to the punch. But im sure it wasnt the punch that f’d our season up, sure.

The vets have whined about the direction of the team (stockpiling teenagers) for a few years now. So yeah, they blame the kids when things go wrong. Except it was one of the vets who f’d our season, and the other two didnt seem to bother to do anything about it. Klay was too busy trying to prove everyone wrong no matter the consequences. Not sure what Curry’s excuse is except he cant be expected to do everything.

But now we see what is going on. Dray and Kerr are wanting contract extensions so the coach goes on Drays show and throws a thinly veiled shot at the bench… keeping things in house the way they do.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#390 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Jun 6, 2023 10:07 pm

azwfan wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:You guys are making it a lot about reactions to Poole's attitude, but if Poole played on-court the way the Warriors have been playing the past decade, you think they'd care about that attitude (Dray?) Or if he didn't have the attitude and was spotty at best on court, you'd think they'd care (Klay?)

If memory serves JP was assaulted before the season. Any lack of being a good teammate can and should be attributed to that event. As the team was cohesive prior to the punch. In fact by all accounts all was well with everyone on the Japan trip all the way up to the punch. But im sure it wasnt the punch that f’d our season up, sure.

The vets have whined about the direction of the team (stockpiling teenagers) for a few years now. So yeah, they blame the kids when things go wrong. Except it was one of the vets who f’d our season, and the other two didnt seem to bother to do anything about it. Klay was too busy trying to prove everyone wrong no matter the consequences. Not sure what Curry’s excuse is except he cant be expected to do everything.

But now we see what is going on. Dray and Kerr are wanting contract extensions so the coach goes on Drays show and throws a thinly veiled shot at the bench… keeping things in house the way they do.

The implication there is that Poole was a team player before, and he wasn't. He just made shots, and we had more talent behind him to make up for his bad decision making on both sides of the ball. The vets should get the bulk of responsibility for the failure this year because it is their team. But Jordan Poole conclusively failed also, because he hasn't grown at all. They aren't mutually exclusive ideas, and besides snippets that are obviously targeted towards the younger players, guys like Dray and Kerr have both said that. Those arent the clips that get attention though, so its like they never happened on this board

Poole was given an extension with the idea that he would integrate into the Warriors' (mostly) selfless play. As noted, Klay's always been an idiot but found a way to contribute without the ball regardless - he's still excellent off-ball on offense and is passable at man defense, formerly elite when he had unruptured Achilles'.. even that would be acceptable for Poole as a backup guard/6th man. But it got even worse!

Like if Poole was a good defender or good off-ball player.. or even just average.. even just below-average.. and then this happened? Sure, its the punch. But it wasn't. He was (again) awful off-ball... It was that there was no one to cover for him this year because the bench wasnt as good, because the starters are going to start to slow, and the expectation was that if you give this guy a big contract, he'll buy in. But he plateaued, he was in year 4 and he still is a bad off-ball player, and he's not good enough on-ball to make it worth it. And thats just offensively, defensively he's terrible in nearly every aspect. There is still a great deal of personable accountability there. Why is it not OK to say that? He hasn't put the work in and he hasn't had a great attitude, and thats just the public part. Nevermind the rumblings of issues with Kerr, who's now gone on the podcast of the guy who punched Poole and implicitly confirmed it

Bottom line - Poole can put an end to all of this by improving his 5 on 5 game. He doesnt have to like Draymond or even Kerr. But giving him the extension, likely placating the punch, took away the carrot for him. So now what's left? The Warriors have a ball-dominating 6th man who's only plus is scoring, sometimes, who has a fractured relationship with a star player and longtime HC. Either he fixes his floor game, or we should get rid of him for whatever we can
azwfan
RealGM

Post#391 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 10:56 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
azwfan wrote:

The implication there is that Poole was a team player before, and he wasn't. He just made shots, and we had more talent behind him to make up for his bad decision making on both sides of the ball. The vets should get the bulk of responsibility for the failure this year because it is their team. But Jordan Poole conclusively failed also, because he hasn't grown at all. They aren't mutually exclusive ideas, and besides snippets that are obviously targeted towards the younger players, guys like Dray and Kerr have both said that. Those arent the clips that get attention though, so its like they never happened on this board

Poole was given an extension with the idea that he would integrate into the Warriors' (mostly) selfless play. As noted, Klay's always been an idiot but found a way to contribute without the ball regardless - he's still excellent off-ball on offense and is passable at man defense, formerly elite when he had unruptured Achilles'.. even that would be acceptable for Poole as a backup guard/6th man. But it got even worse!

Like if Poole was a good defender or good off-ball player.. or even just average.. even just below-average.. and then this happened? Sure, its the punch. But it wasn't. He was (again) awful off-ball... It was that there was no one to cover for him this year because the bench wasnt as good, because the starters are going to start to slow, and the expectation was that if you give this guy a big contract, he'll buy in. But he plateaued, he was in year 4 and he still is a bad off-ball player, and he's not good enough on-ball to make it worth it. And thats just offensively, defensively he's terrible in nearly every aspect. There is still a great deal of personable accountability there. Why is it not OK to say that? He hasn't put the work in and he hasn't had a great attitude, and thats just the public part. Nevermind the rumblings of issues with Kerr, who's now gone on the podcast of the guy who punched Poole and implicitly confirmed it

Bottom line - Poole can put an end to all of this by improving his 5 on 5 game. He doesnt have to like Draymond or even Kerr. But giving him the extension, likely placating the punch, took away the carrot for him. So now what's left? The Warriors have a ball-dominating 6th man who's only plus is scoring, sometimes, who has a fractured relationship with a star player and longtime HC. Either he fixes his floor game, or we should get rid of him for whatever we can

I recall Kerr saying something like this at season end press conference and Draymond agreeing. Once. Thats why it doesnt get that much play, cause to my count this happened a grand total of once. They dont even call it “Dray punching Poole”, they call it “preseason incident”.

Are there more clips of this? Cause blaming the bench thing has been going on all season. I dont think 1 comment and a +1 makes up for a season of finger pointing… BY THE “LEADERS”. Poole doesnt talk to the media. Havent heard from JK about anything. All information comes from the “core”, their agents and coaching / training / FO leaks.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#392 » by CDM_Stats » Tue Jun 6, 2023 11:33 pm

azwfan wrote:I recall Kerr saying something like this at season end press conference and Draymond agreeing. Once. Thats why it doesnt get that much play, cause to my count this happened a grand total of once. They dont even call it “Dray punching Poole”, they call it “preseason incident”.

Are there more clips of this? Cause blaming the bench thing has been going on all season. I dont think 1 comment and a +1 makes up for a season of finger pointing… BY THE “LEADERS”. Poole doesnt talk to the media. Havent heard from JK about anything. All information comes from the “core”, their agents and coaching / training / FO leaks.

Dray has said stuff several times on his podcast, but all postseason as well. I wouldnt expect them to take responsibility for failure while the season was still ongoing though. Kerr could absolutely do more to alleviate it though.. or take responsibility for the lack of development. That he doesn't is a bit weird IMO.. like I think he's firmly in the camp of being against young players across the board. To be clear, none are without significant blame, but I dont think they have said much about the young guys either. Its all been rumors, and the rumor mill isn't going to prop up a player taking blame themselves, but they will prop up accusations.. one generates clicks, the other doesnt

But my overall point is that Poole's failures this year shouldnt be waved away just because the punch, he's never been a team player and that hasn't changed in his 4 years here. At a certain point, it either is who he is, or he has to make a significant push to become a team player in any aspect. And if he can't do it with guys like Curry, Dray, and even player/coach Iguodala on the roster.. we shouldnt want him here now or in the future, because those are the kinds of players who lead treadmill teams or become volume-stat journeymen like Kelly Oubre or Monta Ellis, as desperate teams take chances on them with the hopes that they finally figure it out. But those guys rarely do
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#393 » by Onus » Wed Jun 7, 2023 12:00 am

I’m totally on board trading Poole and drafting Podz or Sheppard an actual shooter to continue to do the motion stuff our system is based on. Use Poole to get a big that can shoot.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#394 » by killmongrel » Wed Jun 7, 2023 12:05 am

Onus wrote:I’m totally on board trading Poole and drafting Podz or Sheppard an actual shooter to continue to do the motion stuff our system is based on. Use Poole to get a big that can shoot.

I'm really on board on somehow trying to get Wendel Carter Jr.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#395 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Jun 7, 2023 12:25 am

Onus wrote:I’m totally on board trading Poole and drafting Podz or Sheppard an actual shooter to continue to do the motion stuff our system is based on. Use Poole to get a big that can shoot.

I am in the same thought process. Trade Poole for frontcourt help whether that's at the 3, 4, or 5 to add some size. Then use the pick on a guard who can score, whomever fits and looks the most ready. I don't mind Jerome coming back as just a steady 3rd string point guard. Fill in whatever else we need with vet minimum guys.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#396 » by Onus » Wed Jun 7, 2023 12:35 am

DAWill1128 wrote:

I am in the same thought process. Trade Poole for frontcourt help whether that's at the 3, 4, or 5 to add some size. Then use the pick on a guard who can score, whomever fits and looks the most ready. I don't mind Jerome coming back as just a steady 3rd string point guard. Fill in whatever else we need with vet minimum guys.

Yea I’d be fine with bringing Jerome back as the backup pg.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
azwfan
RealGM

Post#397 » by azwfan » Wed Jun 7, 2023 2:24 am

I think counting on Kerr to play any rookie would be a mistake. I think that may have been Myers biggest issue. Kept filling up the roster with teenagers when the coach and “core” clearly wasnt on board.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#398 » by azwfan » Wed Jun 7, 2023 2:39 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
azwfan wrote:I recall Kerr saying something like this at season end press conference and Draymond agreeing. Once. Thats why it doesnt get that much play, cause to my count this happened a grand total of once. They dont even call it “Dray punching Poole”, they call it “preseason incident”.

Dray has said stuff several times on his podcast, but all postseason as well. I wouldnt expect them to take responsibility for failure while the season was still ongoing though. Kerr could absolutely do more to alleviate it though.. or take responsibility for the lack of development. That he doesn't is a bit weird IMO.. like I think he's firmly in the camp of being against young players across the board. To be clear, none are without significant blame, but I dont think they have said much about the young guys either. Its all been rumors, and the rumor mill isn't going to prop up a player taking blame themselves, but they will prop up accusations.. one generates clicks, the other doesnt

But my overall point is that Poole's failures this year shouldnt be waved away just because the punch, he's never been a team player and that hasn't changed in his 4 years here. At a certain point, it either is who he is, or he has to make a significant push to become a team player in any aspect. And if he can't do it with guys like Curry, Dray, and even player/coach Iguodala on the roster.. we shouldnt want him here now or in the future, because those are the kinds of players who lead treadmill teams or become volume-stat journeymen like Kelly Oubre or Monta Ellis, as desperate teams take chances on them with the hopes that they finally figure it out. But those guys rarely do

Again, im good with trading Poole for an upgrade. Im not good with dumping him as if he wasnt a huge contributor to a title a year ago. If Poole doesnt want to be here, which I would not be surprised if that was the case (who wants to get trashed all year after being assaulted?), then yeah we should move on. But if he still wants to be here, and we cant get an upgrade for him, then Draymond needs to swallow his pride and the coaching staff needs to hold ALL players accountable for their actions. The main issue isnt that Poole played selfishly, its that the whole team did, but the young guys are the only ones punished for it.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#399 » by superunknown » Wed Jun 7, 2023 6:52 am

azwfan wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Again, im good with trading Poole for an upgrade. Im not good with dumping him as if he wasnt a huge contributor to a title a year ago. If Poole doesnt want to be here, which I would not be surprised if that was the case (who wants to get trashed all year after being assaulted?), then yeah we should move on. But if he still wants to be here, and we cant get an upgrade for him, then Draymond needs to swallow his pride and the coaching staff needs to hold ALL players accountable for their actions. The main issue isnt that Poole played selfishly, its that the whole team did, but the young guys are the only ones punished for it.

this should be the norm regardless of JP. he is here he is not here next season, the CS (and FO) should always hold all players in the roster accountable for their actions, no matter who they are and what they've done in the past.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#400 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Jun 8, 2023 5:29 am

azwfan wrote:Again, im good with trading Poole for an upgrade. Im not good with dumping him as if he wasnt a huge contributor to a title a year ago. If Poole doesnt want to be here, which I would not be surprised if that was the case (who wants to get trashed all year after being assaulted?), then yeah we should move on. But if he still wants to be here, and we cant get an upgrade for him, then Draymond needs to swallow his pride and the coaching staff needs to hold ALL players accountable for their actions. The main issue isnt that Poole played selfishly, its that the whole team did, but the young guys are the only ones punished for it.

I wouldnt dump him just to dump him, but upgrade gets mighty subjective.. if we're basing the upgrade on the season prior when he was hitting shots with less pressure for him to step up, it'd be nearly impossible. If we're basing it on last season, it opens the floodgates of pretty much any role player with positive BBIQ

Even if you split the difference tracking-wise between the two seasons, the non-weighted average is a player that's right around (technically a bit below) what DDV brought to the team this year, and I'd probably jump all over that, assuming the player is a positive BBIQ guy and not just another all talent/no head type player. Because if so, may as well stick with the one we know... but if I was to gauge solely by talent and not contract since this wouldnt be possible.. if we could deal Poole and wind up with OPJ again, I'd do that. Think I saw some deal where we basically traded him, Kuminga and 19 for OG and Thad Young, and I'd definitely be into that.. maybe even Fultz/Isaac if that were an option

Return to Golden State Warriors