Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Re: Let the Real Offseason Moves Begin! 

Post#301 » by Onus » Tue May 23, 2023 5:27 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
clyde21 wrote:so many brutal takes

--

- not convinced Dray is gone. in fact we need him back. unless you have a viable solution at the 4 to replace Dray with, bringing him back at a reasonable price should be a priority.

- secondary priority is to trade Poole. there is no logical scenario he should be back. we might have to package him with Minga to make it happen but that's what you get for waiting a year to do it.

- talk to Klay about taking a lesser off-bench role this year, and start Wiggins/Moody at the 2/3. Moody showed up to end the year and I don't doubt he's going to continue getting better next year.

- Patrick Baldwin development is key...if you haven't noticed this offense does MUCH better when we have a mobile/spacing big on the roster. Otto/Bjelica the year before unlocked some different lineups for us because of this. we were able to scale Loon/Dray in ways we couldn't this year. so next year if PBJ actually develops into a semi functional rotational piece that can give us a decent 10-15 mins it would be a huge x factor.

- draft: get guys that fit our scheme/system. AB is one by likely OOR. TJD is another if we want a play now combo big. J Hawk as an off-screen/curl shooter. etc.

none of this is rocket science. get whatever you can for JP, hope for some decent development from Moody/Baldwin, draft correctly, bring back Dray, and done.

---

starters:

Steph
Wiggy
Moody
Dray
Loon

role guys: Klay, Gp2, Baldwin, + whoever we get back in a JP/Minga trade, + draft picks

again no reason why this team can't compete again next year and probably be even better when you clean up the roster, do a better job of identifying roles/rotations and get some decent development from Double M/Baldwin.

Pbjs rebounding will be key if he wants minutes, but I think he's actually smart enough to realize that and will study film with loon and Dejan.

we shouldn't be relying on a 2nd year pbj to fulfill the stretch big role. If he can beat out whatever vet we can pick up great, but he shouldn't be our only option there.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#302 » by clyde21 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:30 pm

there are barely any UFA stretch bigs, most realistic one is maybe K Love but he might just resign with Miami.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#303 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 23, 2023 5:30 pm

Ringer just dropped an article that bron might want to play with steph on the dubs. Anyone still want him? If so, how much are you willing to give up?
Onus
RealGM

Post#304 » by Onus » Tue May 23, 2023 5:31 pm

clyde21 wrote:there are barely any UFA stretch bigs, most realistic one is maybe K Love but he might just resign with Miami.

we should've went after him when he was bought out. Love would've been a great fit here and would've gotten plenty of time.

But also should be looking for that role when we're trading JP + Minga
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#305 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 23, 2023 5:33 pm

clyde21 wrote:there are barely any UFA stretch bigs, most realistic one is maybe K Love but he might just resign with Miami.

Trey lyles and galinari might be cheap.

Lyles and wiggins are friends and they work out together in the off season.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#306 » by clyde21 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:35 pm

Patrick Baldwin is the key to scaling Loon/Dray, we need to develop tf out of him this off season
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#307 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 23, 2023 5:37 pm

PBJ seemed very comfortable in our offensive sets. I’m sure his defense wasn’t great but I didn’t notice any glaring issues. But it’s hard to make a fair assessment when he never plays.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#308 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 23, 2023 5:38 pm

With Kerr at the helm we probably won’t see anything out of PBJ till 2026

Onus
RealGM

Post#309 » by Onus » Tue May 23, 2023 5:38 pm

clyde21 wrote:Patrick Baldwin is the key to scaling Loon/Dray, we need to develop tf out of him this off season

I just don't know if he has that dog or strength in him to fight for rebounds or hold up in post up situations yet. He was getting moved around like a rag doll this year.
Onus
RealGM

Post#310 » by Onus » Tue May 23, 2023 5:41 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Ringer just dropped an article that bron might want to play with steph on the dubs. Anyone still want him? If so, how much are you willing to give up?

I'm just not sure how he's going to play with Dray. Like if Steph and Lebron are running pick and roll, what is draymond going to do other than just clog up the paint. It'd be interesting. I'd give up Klay and JP and Minga for sure.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#311 » by clyde21 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:41 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:With Kerr at the helm we probably won’t see anything out of PBJ till 2026

2026? he'd still be playing Anthony fkn Lamb ins 2026 if it were up to him
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#312 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 23, 2023 5:49 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Spoiler:
whatisacenter wrote:
clyde21 wrote:so many brutal takes

--

- not convinced Dray is gone. in fact we need him back. unless you have a viable solution at the 4 to replace Dray with, bringing him back at a reasonable price should be a priority.

- secondary priority is to trade Poole. there is no logical scenario he should be back. we might have to package him with Minga to make it happen but that's what you get for waiting a year to do it.

- talk to Klay about taking a lesser off-bench role this year, and start Wiggins/Moody at the 2/3. Moody showed up to end the year and I don't doubt he's going to continue getting better next year.

- Patrick Baldwin development is key...if you haven't noticed this offense does MUCH better when we have a mobile/spacing big on the roster. Otto/Bjelica the year before unlocked some different lineups for us because of this. we were able to scale Loon/Dray in ways we couldn't this year. so next year if PBJ actually develops into a semi functional rotational piece that can give us a decent 10-15 mins it would be a huge x factor.

- draft: get guys that fit our scheme/system. AB is one by likely OOR. TJD is another if we want a play now combo big. J Hawk as an off-screen/curl shooter. etc.

none of this is rocket science. get whatever you can for JP, hope for some decent development from Moody/Baldwin, draft correctly, bring back Dray, and done.

---

starters:

Steph
Wiggy
Moody
Dray
Loon

role guys: Klay, Gp2, Baldwin, + whoever we get back in a JP/Minga trade, + draft picks

again no reason why this team can't compete again next year and probably be even better when you clean up the roster, do a better job of identifying roles/rotations and get some decent development from Double M/Baldwin.

I don't see this roster getting past the second round in the postseason and I don't want to have an extended Draymond on the team.

The frontcourt was unplayable together this past playoffs and you are putting a lot of eggs in the PBJ basket.

considering we were maybe a couple of shots away from making it to WCF this year I disagree

and who are you replacing Dray with at the 4? that's what I don't understand. yall want Dray gone but have 0 contingency plan on who's gonna man the 4 hole in this system for us instead.

also we won a chip a season ago with a Dray/Loon front court, maybe some of yall forget. the difference is we had spacers come in like Otto/Bjelica that we didn't have this year. that's where PBJ hopefully comes in next season.

I would be more willing to bring the core 3 back and having the highest payroll is the NBA if I thought they could contend for a title but I don't. Who is replacing Draymond is secondary to not extending him and trying to get off of Klay's contract so they have more cap flexibility moving forward and have the ability to add players using the TPMLE and not just relying on vet min contracts.

IMO, the goal this offseason should be getting longer and more athletic, and not being one dimensional on offense. I would be open to Kuminga getting Draymond's minutes and seeing who the Warriors could get in return for Klay's expiring and Poole.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#313 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 23, 2023 5:50 pm

clyde21 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:With Kerr at the helm we probably won’t see anything out of PBJ till 2026

This quote from an Athletic article is Kerr’s philosophy with young guys, and I actually agree with it for the most part. 21 years olds aren’t going to help you in the playoffs very often. But when your only options are 21 year olds or Jordan Poole or an ice cold Klay you go with the 21 year olds imo. Kerr isn’t going to play them no matter what.

“No. No,” Kerr said. “These guys are so young. I always say you look at Moses, Moses would be a junior at Arkansas. JK would be a junior in college. You think Steph Curry and Draymond in their junior years at Davidson and Michigan State could’ve helped an NBA team win a championship? Of course not. That’s not how it works.”

clyde21
RealGM

Post#314 » by clyde21 » Tue May 23, 2023 6:00 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

This quote from an Athletic article is Kerr’s philosophy with young guys, and I actually agree with it for the most part. 21 years olds aren’t going to help you in the playoffs very often. But when your only options are 21 year olds or Jordan Poole or an ice cold Klay you go with the 21 year olds imo. Kerr isn’t going to play them no matter what.

“No. No,” Kerr said. “These guys are so young. I always say you look at Moses, Moses would be a junior at Arkansas. JK would be a junior in college. You think Steph Curry and Draymond in their junior years at Davidson and Michigan State could’ve helped an NBA team win a championship? Of course not. That’s not how it works.”

giving all those mins to Jerome and Lamb really paid off in the playoffs
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,040

Post#315 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 23, 2023 6:22 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Ringer just dropped an article that bron might want to play with steph on the dubs. Anyone still want him? If so, how much are you willing to give up?

How would that even work? LeBron's salary is 46m, so the only way we could do it is either trading Klay/Kuminga (fine, but better be paired with a Poole trade to get us a good shooter) or trading Poole/Dray. And Dray would have to agree to it, because he could always opt out and end the deal

Plus the only reason to get LeBron would be to replace Draymond, not play with him.. just seems like a pipe dream
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,040

Post#316 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 23, 2023 6:29 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Its something we should have seen coming. In 20-21, Poole was out of the rotation to start the season and guys like Wanamaker, Bazemore, and Lee were eating up all the minutes. He finally gave Poole some garbage time where he showed he was clearly a better player than all 3, and Poole's reward was a stint in the GL. Then when he came back, he came back to more garbage time and sparse minutes while Baze, Wanamaker and Lee still ate up nearly 60 minutes combined per game. Basically sat Poole half a season while garbage players (except Lee, who was serviceable) played like garbage consistently, and were rewarded simply by virtue of being older

Kerr does plenty well, but when it comes to young players he has this extremely troubling mindset, and the lack of development from a player like Moody - not so much Wiseman/Kuminga/Poole who were either never smart players or way too early in their development to be smart players - falls entirely onto Kerr's shoulders
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#317 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 23, 2023 6:32 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:

How would that even work? LeBron's salary is 46m, so the only way we could do it is either trading Klay/Kuminga (fine, but better be paired with a Poole trade to get us a good shooter) or trading Poole/Dray. And Dray would have to agree to it, because he could always opt out and end the deal

Plus the only reason to get LeBron would be to replace Draymond, not play with him.. just seems like a pipe dream

Poole, joku, and gp2 works.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#318 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 23, 2023 6:48 pm

clyde21 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I actually think TyTy and Lamb got us a few wins with their contributions, so we’d likely be in the play-in if it wasn’t for them

clyde21
RealGM

Post#319 » by clyde21 » Tue May 23, 2023 6:54 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

I actually think TyTy and Lamb got us a few wins with their contributions, so we’d likely be in the play-in if it wasn’t for them

by the time the POs came Moody was clearly the best of the bunch, and who knows how much better he would've been if he got those minutes earlier in the season instead.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#320 » by B-King » Tue May 23, 2023 7:23 pm

PBJ needs to get reps in the G-league next year and a very limited number of minutes with the big club. He is probably a full year away from playing meaningful minutes for the team.

Return to Golden State Warriors