One trade makes it happen:

GSW get GTJ(opt in), Boucher, OPJ
Raptors get Kuminga, Poole

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Looney
GP2, GTJ, Moody, OPJ, Boucher

Re-sign Draymond.
If DDV opts out then let him walk.
GTJ takes over for Klay at some point in season
If Draymond opts out and walks, then ask Raptors to throw in Thad Young.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Re: Let the Real Offseason Moves Begin! 

Post#42 » by Jerry Maine » Sat May 13, 2023 11:54 am

DAWill1128 wrote:Poole + 2024 1st Rd pick + 2023 2nd Rd pick
For
Kelly Olynk + Collin Sexton

Danny Ainge gets some draft picks he's been compiling and a flier on Poole. We get a 7 Footer in Olynk who can shoot from deep really well and pass, think Curry pick n pop. Olynk can also spread the floor playing alongside Green and Looney. We were not able to run a real spread 5 offense all year, we ran gimmicks to deal with centers like AD. Collin Sexton is a really quick score first guard, more under control on offense and defense than Poole and can play both guard spots. We got little to nothing from Poole, we needed a guy who could efficiently get buckets on the bench.

Draft Lively. Bring in that vertical threat on offense and defense at center. He's got like a crazy 7-8 wingspan.

MLE on Lonnie Walker, he's a great athlete and good two way player.

C Looney, Olynk, Lively
PF Green, Kuminga, PBJ
SF Wiggins, Walker, Moody
SG Thompson, GP2, Rollins
PG Curry, Sexton, Jerome

Danny isn't taking a flyer on a guy with a 4yr $130m contract who stank it up for most the season, esp the playoffs.

We need either Poole to quickly pull his head out of his arse and trade him mid season, or find a GM with an IQ half of Danny's. Possibly both
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#43 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat May 13, 2023 12:55 pm

Jerry Maine wrote:
For

Danny Ainge gets some draft picks he's been compiling and a flier on Poole. We get a 7 Footer in Olynk who can shoot from deep really well and pass, think Curry pick n pop. Olynk can also spread the floor playing alongside Green and Looney. We were not able to run a real spread 5 offense all year, we ran gimmicks to deal with centers like AD. Collin Sexton is a really quick score first guard, more under control on offense and defense than Poole and can play both guard spots. We got little to nothing from Poole, we needed a guy who could efficiently get buckets on the bench.

Draft Lively. Bring in that vertical threat on offense and defense at center. He's got like a crazy 7-8 wingspan.

C Looney, Olynk, Lively
PF Green, Kuminga, PBJ
PG Curry, Sexton, Jerome

Danny isn't taking a flyer on a guy with a 4yr $130m contract who stank it up for most the season, esp the playoffs.

We need either Poole to quickly pull his head out of his arse and trade him mid season, or find a GM with an IQ half of Danny's. Possibly both

The thing with poole is that he isnt a great fit for our system. But in a more traditional offense as the main guy, he could drop 25 ppg.
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#44 » by Jerry Maine » Sat May 13, 2023 1:08 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Jerry Maine wrote:
For

C Looney, Olynk, Lively
PF Green, Kuminga, PBJ
PG Curry, Sexton, Jerome

The thing with poole is that he isnt a great fit for our system. But in a more traditional offense as the main guy, he could drop 25 ppg.

Yeah, I agree

He has tank commander written all over him
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,276

Post#45 » by Onus » Sat May 13, 2023 1:22 pm

Swift21 wrote:
Onus wrote:Draft lively. Trade jp and jk for og. We’ll need to bring in another play creator.

Steph/Rollins
Klay/quinnoes
Wiggins
Og/moody/pbj
Looney/dray/lively

I doubt that offer is getting you OG.

We would obviously add 2 1sts
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,836

Post#46 » by cdubbz » Sat May 13, 2023 3:54 pm

- Find a suitable trade partner for Jordan Poole - a young team that needs a scorer and fresh face. Derozan is an expiring contract and wing depth.

- is kuminga unplayable too? Hard to tell.

- Find a backup point guard who takes care of the ball.

- Get PBJ & Moody into the rotation.

- Pick up a tough big who sits at the end of the bench and can be used in certain matchups.

- Take a risky move. Sign Dwight Howard, sign Andre Drummond *or some sort. Make a non Warriorsy move for once and try something different.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,932

Post#47 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 13, 2023 4:46 pm

I'm pretty disappointed to be hearing so quickly that the FO is leaning towards bringing back the starting 5 and upgrading the bench.

This team is not a better bench away from being a contender.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,043

Post#48 » by CDM_Stats » Sat May 13, 2023 4:50 pm

zimpy27 wrote:One trade makes it happen:

GSW get GTJ(opt in), Boucher, OPJ
Raptors get Kuminga, Poole

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Looney
GP2, GTJ, Moody, OPJ, Boucher

Re-sign Draymond.
If DDV opts out then let him walk.
GTJ takes over for Klay at some point in season
If Draymond opts out and walks, then ask Raptors to throw in Thad Young.

GTJ and Moody have too much overlap.. if Poole goes out and assuming DDV leaves, the hole we have is at the 1/2. Priority for the offseason will be someone who's a capable ballhandler/decision maker. We've gotten away from that idea, and the result is getting guys like Klay more touches and decisions to make. And that aint great
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#49 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat May 13, 2023 5:01 pm

Joe Harris, DFS, and cam Thomas

For

Poole and joku

I believe the salaries match once pooles extension kicks in.

And then go after rubio.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,386

Post#50 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat May 13, 2023 5:14 pm

2 quick comments besides what I wrote in the 1st page:

- If Orlando gets the 1st pick, Wendell Carter might be expendable.

Poole for Carter + Fultz (centerpieces of the deal)

Or some variations:

Poole + Kuminga (or the 1st = pick 19) for Carter/Fultz
Poole + 1st for Fultz/Isaac (basically a cap clearing move as Isaac is not fully guaranteed moving on)

- Evaluate what we have in PBJ.

PBJ's stats in the G-League (11 games)... just an indicator if he's dominating at this level of competition and he's ready for a bigger role at the next level of competition:

15/6/3 + 1.1 stocks, 44/36/58 (26 mpg); only 1.0 FTA (perhaps a big red flag IMO that he's not ready for the physicality of the game)

Per 36 of 20/8/3 + 1.6 stocks (albeit only 1.4 FTA)

Link.

My personal opinion:

If we can manage to trade Poole + Kuminga for Carter + Fultz it would be an amazing trade for us.

You basically would have a 3 big rotation of Looney/Dray/Carter, 32 mins each.

Fultz in the Poole role as the 3rd/4th guard in the rotation. Moody as a wing obviously.

With the #19 you draft BPA, be it a guard, wing or big. Go for BPA, this player will not get playing time anyway.

I'm assuming the FO will not trade Klay, it will try to extend him at a more reasonable price (same with Dray), for 2 reasons: to please Curry, and "continuity".

Curry / Fultz
Klay / GP2
Wiggins / Moody
Dray
Looney / Carter

This would be the main rotation.

Other young guys (PBJ, Rollins, Santos, #19, etc) are just spot-on minutes and injury replacements.

Let the vets walk (Iguodala, Donte, Lamb, Jerome, JaMychal) or if you want to bring them back, adjust the pecking order so they won't get no time at all (except Donte, who I think will go to the highest bidder anyway).

Basically we can reshape the roster via a single, unique move: break Poole (Poole's contract) into 2 rotation pieces that fit.

Targets = a ballhandling 3rd guard, and a big with passing/enforcer skills.

If you have to sacrifice Kuminga to do it, then make sure you nail this move.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#51 » by HiRez » Sat May 13, 2023 6:01 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:I don't think there will be drastic changes this off-season, unfortunately. They will "ride or die" until the wheels fall off.

That's what's likely going to happen. We're going to see another 3 years of increasingly frustrating, depressing, and declining basketball, meanwhile Moody, JK, PBJ, and anyone else who they dare to draft will be wasted and on their way out. It's just going to be a burning tire fire and no chance of rebuilding until all the flames go out. I hope I'm wrong but I can see a pretty depressing 5+ years ahead if they don't start the retooling now (I don't mean trading everyone, but certain high-priced and/or under-performing players). And the first part of that retooling needs to be Kerr but I don't see it happening.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,170

Post#52 » by cpower » Sat May 13, 2023 6:14 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:I really dont think we can move off dray and still expect to be competitive next year.

How competitive were they with him this year?

There is already a story that he and the team have mutual interest in working out a long term deal. I think that's a mistake.

Very competitive. If klay poole was playing like 15m players we would have beaten the lakers
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#53 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat May 13, 2023 6:27 pm

Fvv and koloko for poole.

Fvv would obviously have to opt in.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,932

Post#54 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 13, 2023 8:06 pm

cpower wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:I really dont think we can move off dray and still expect to be competitive next year.

How competitive were they with him this year?

There is already a story that he and the team have mutual interest in working out a long term deal. I think that's a mistake.

Very competitive. If klay poole was playing like 15m players we would have beaten the lakers

They were a .500 team that got swept by Orlando and Detroit. They vets played like they could flip the switch in the postseason and only beat a fresh faced newbie team in the Kings and lost in 6 to a mediocre Lakers team.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#55 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat May 13, 2023 8:22 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
weekend_warrior wrote:Players I want to keep:
Curry
Looney
Wiggins
Moody
GP2

Players I am on the fence about:
Kuminga
Poole
PBJ
DDV (but will probably opt out, cannot afford him)

Players I cannot watch anymore:
Draymond
Klay

Players I don't care about:
Iguodala (he's a coach anyways)
Lamb
Rollins
JMG

You and I should have separate houses me team boards. How can you not care about Klay and Draymond. When did you become a Warriors fan; after KD joined the team?

Do me a favor and go root for KD and the Suns; you don’t deserve the Warriors and their 4 recent championships.

Been a fan since '87 and I am ready for the post-Draymond era. Appreciate all that he has done for the franchise but his game doesn't make up for his character at this point.

Draymond plays hard, is smart and funny.
What is the problem?

Draymond has an impulse control problem.
We just elected 2 presidents, Trump and Biden Biden who have impulse control problems. If Trump and Biden were bigger than Poole and fit they might have punched Poole under some circumstance. I still have not heard why Draymond punched Poole.

If you marry a person with poor impulse control your souse may hit you. My child abused wife would hit me but luckily for me she hit like a girl.

My violent wife is smart and lovable. I think Draymond is smart and lovable.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Re: Let the Real Offseason Ideas Begin! 

Post#56 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat May 13, 2023 8:46 pm

Coxy wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:No major changes. Also sign Tacko Fall.

If we lose Myers this off-season, I want Lacob to hire you as an interim GM, just for the mad lols. :lol:

I would work cheap.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#57 » by Twinkie defense » Sat May 13, 2023 8:48 pm

Re-sign Draymond, trade JP and Kuminga for some people who can contribute in playoff games. Warriors are running it back!
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#58 » by Twinkie defense » Sat May 13, 2023 8:51 pm

whatisacenter wrote:I'm pretty disappointed to be hearing so quickly that the FO is leaning towards bringing back the starting 5 and upgrading the bench.

This team is not a better bench away from being a contender.

Warriors were a contender this season! Those main guys need some help!
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#59 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat May 13, 2023 8:53 pm

weekend_warrior wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
weekend_warrior wrote:Players I want to keep:
Curry
Looney
Wiggins
Moody
GP2

Players I am on the fence about:
Kuminga
Poole
PBJ
DDV (but will probably opt out, cannot afford him)

Players I cannot watch anymore:
Draymond
Klay

Players I don't care about:
Iguodala (he's a coach anyways)
Lamb
Rollins
JMG

You and I should have separate houses me team boards. How can you not care about Klay and Draymond. When did you become a Warriors fan; after KD joined the team?

Do me a favor and go root for KD and the Suns; you don’t deserve the Warriors and their 4 recent championships.

I never cared for KD. I became a fan in 2012/2013 when they were a young and dynamic and likable team, that enjoyed playing together and didn't seem so entitled. The foundation for the "strength in numbers" was laid with the attitude displayed early on, but that concept has long gone. Now there is constant bitching to the refs, the risk of players getting thrown out of every other game, punching of team mates and podcasting about it. Clearly, my distaste of this iteration is mostly on Draymond whom I have never liked but respected as a player while his game impact outweighed his antics. He has since added a whole other dimension in off-court detriment. Klay I like off the court, but he has developed some entitlement to his portfolio, that doesn't get supported by his play, as he singlehandedly shoots the team out of a significant number of games.

I personally don't care too much, if the title chances in the next years are 10% or 5%, I just want to watch a team that shows some joy being there and not a disfunctional unit that feels entitled to do whatever because of past success. (And that includes the FO/CS.)

But as I see things, chances are high that you will not have to suffer through any more of my posts next season as I don't intend to watch this team anymore if they decide to just roll it back. Which would be a pity as Curry is by far my most favorite player of all time.

Draymond is one of the most joyous guys on our team when he isn’t having a tantrum. Draymond loves this game more than most players do.

Warriors chance of getting the championship next year is high; a top 6 team. Age will come smashing down on Draymond and Curry some year soon.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#60 » by Twinkie defense » Sat May 13, 2023 8:57 pm

Swift21 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Myers if you're reading this board my DM is open if you need any pointers

He's not returning.

If Warriors are running it back, Myers will want to be a part of that!

He won’t have to build a roster for two timelines, it’s just about using your assets to get players who can help win games.

Return to Golden State Warriors