Let the Real Offseason Moves Begin!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,933

Re: Let the Real Offseason Moves Begin! 

Post#61 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 13, 2023 9:48 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:I'm pretty disappointed to be hearing so quickly that the FO is leaning towards bringing back the starting 5 and upgrading the bench.

This team is not a better bench away from being a contender.

Warriors were a contender this season! Those main guys need some help!

I don't see it. Curry is great. Wiggins should be better. Klay fell off a cliff in the postseason. Draymond and Looney can't play together in the postseason. The core 3 will all be a year older and worse on defense next season.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#62 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 13, 2023 9:53 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
You and I should have separate houses me team boards. How can you not care about Klay and Draymond. When did you become a Warriors fan; after KD joined the team?

Do me a favor and go root for KD and the Suns; you don’t deserve the Warriors and their 4 recent championships.

Been a fan since '87 and I am ready for the post-Draymond era. Appreciate all that he has done for the franchise but his game doesn't make up for his character at this point.

Draymond plays hard, is smart and funny.
What is the problem?

Draymond has an impulse control problem.
We just elected 2 presidents, Trump and Biden Biden who have impulse control problems. If Trump and Biden were bigger than Poole and fit they might have punched Poole under some circumstance. I still have not heard why Draymond punched Poole.

If you marry a person with poor impulse control your souse may hit you. My child abused wife would hit me but luckily for me she hit like a girl.

My violent wife is smart and lovable. I think Draymond is smart and lovable.

I legit can't tell if you are a parody account, between this post and your Tacko obsession, I should probably just ignore you.
Reflexx
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#63 » by Reflexx » Sat May 13, 2023 10:11 pm

It looked to me like the main issue with the Warriors is size. They're still an elite team against most competition. Against the Lakers, they got word down.

It seems like a solution for the next 2 or 3 years would be to just add some cheap size. Don't worry about trying to find the diamond in the rough. Just get a big body that can bang for 15-20 minutes a game. Someone like Dwight Howard.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#64 » by CDM_Stats » Sat May 13, 2023 10:17 pm

So far the headlines of the 12 hr long offseason:

- Warriors want to re-sign Draymond and likely Klay; talks already starting with Dray
- DDV wants to return
- source has leaked that the cause of Draymond punch was Poole being disrespectful to Kerr
- Bob Myers is the one who told Draymond with 6min left in the game to not go back in
- Kerr said the team "maxxed out" and wasn't a championship team (bold take considering his rotations)

Based on Poole's play, the leak immediately after the season ended, and his interaction with Curry and Dray in that one video that's being re-circulated now that we've been eliminated.. I think that its more than likely Poole has played his last game with the Warriors
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#65 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 13, 2023 10:21 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:So far the headlines of the 12 hr long offseason:

- Warriors want to re-sign Draymond and likely Klay; talks already starting with Dray
- DDV wants to return
- source has leaked that the cause of Draymond punch was Poole being disrespectful to Kerr
- Bob Myers is the one who told Draymond with 6min left in the game to not go back in
- Kerr said the team "maxxed out" and wasn't a championship team (bold take considering his rotations)

Based on Poole's play, the leak immediately after the season ended, and his interaction with Curry and Dray in that one video that's being re-circulated now that we've been eliminated.. I think that its more than likely Poole has played his last game with the Warriors

where are you hearing that? on the GB from some rando twitter dude?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,992

Post#66 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:21 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:One trade makes it happen:

GSW get GTJ(opt in), Boucher, OPJ
Raptors get Kuminga, Poole

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Looney
GP2, GTJ, Moody, OPJ, Boucher

Re-sign Draymond.
If DDV opts out then let him walk.
GTJ takes over for Klay at some point in season
If Draymond opts out and walks, then ask Raptors to throw in Thad Young.

GTJ and Moody have too much overlap.. if Poole goes out and assuming DDV leaves, the hole we have is at the 1/2. Priority for the offseason will be someone who's a capable ballhandler/decision maker. We've gotten away from that idea, and the result is getting guys like Klay more touches and decisions to make. And that aint great

Well the idea is to replaces Klays production. Both guys should get plenty of minutes.

Would you take a run at FVV?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#67 » by CDM_Stats » Sat May 13, 2023 10:24 pm

whatisacenter wrote:

- DDV wants to return

There's a large amount of time between when I heard it and when it started making its rounds on twitter recently :dontknow:

I did see the tweet everyone's citing and its not exactly what I had heard, but the overall point is that Poole was on people's nerves before the punch. Even before the end of last season
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#68 » by CDM_Stats » Sat May 13, 2023 10:25 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Re-sign Draymond.

GTJ and Moody have too much overlap.. if Poole goes out and assuming DDV leaves, the hole we have is at the 1/2. Priority for the offseason will be someone who's a capable ballhandler/decision maker. We've gotten away from that idea, and the result is getting guys like Klay more touches and decisions to make. And that aint great

Well the idea is to replaces Klays production. Both guys should get plenty of minutes.

Much rather, because what we really need is ballhandlers. I'm not super familiar with FVV's game but he's likely a better handler than GTJ
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#69 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat May 13, 2023 10:37 pm

- DDV wants to return

Poole fits a role for the Warriors but Poole did not have enough good games in this year’s playoffs. If Poole is happy and there is no lasting emotional damage from the Draymond punch then I would keep Poole. Poole did not match his 2022 playoffs level of play but let’s give him another chance to get back to that level on offense and a higher level on defense.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#70 » by Twinkie defense » Sat May 13, 2023 10:40 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:I'm pretty disappointed to be hearing so quickly that the FO is leaning towards bringing back the starting 5 and upgrading the bench.

This team is not a better bench away from being a contender.

Warriors were a contender this season! Those main guys need some help!

I don't see it. Curry is great. Wiggins should be better. Klay fell off a cliff in the postseason. Draymond and Looney can't play together in the postseason. The core 3 will all be a year older and worse on defense next season.

Wasn’t the starting lineup the best (or among the best) in the League?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#71 » by CDM_Stats » Sat May 13, 2023 10:42 pm

- DDV wants to return

Poole fits a role for the Warriors but Poole did not have enough good games in this year’s playoffs. If Poole is happy and there is no lasting emotional damage from the Draymond punch then I would keep Poole. Poole did not match his 2022 playoffs level of play but let’s give him another chance to get back to that level on offense and a higher level on defense.

If Poole wasn't central to so many off-court issues, then sure. But he is. How much smoke does there have to be before we can safely assume its from a fire?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#72 » by Twinkie defense » Sat May 13, 2023 10:46 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Re-sign Draymond.

Klay is staying. Gotta replace Poole.
rcs15
Junior
And1: 109

Post#73 » by rcs15 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:27 pm

Seems pretty simple. Move Poole, kuminga and any reasonable amounts of firsts to get guys who can contribute now. And who Kerr will play. If we have to include moody or PBJ I'm fine too but would prefer to keep them.

We just need a couple rotation pieces ideally with size.

Poole and kuminga both think they are better than they are. Neither guy will lead us anywhere post curry. Put everything into the next few years and then rebuild after.

Poole especially needs to go. He and klay can't be on the same team as both are massively overpaid guards. Klay at least still shot 41 % from 3. I think his legs just were tired this round.

Plus Poole has the worst attitude and doesn't even try on defense. I believe dude just gave up this postseason and all around looked like a pouty little bitch.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,992

Post#74 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:32 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Klay is staying. Gotta replace Poole.

Yeah Klay would stay next season but be let go or brought back cheap in 2024 offseason
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#75 » by azwfan » Sun May 14, 2023 12:19 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

- DDV wants to return

There's a large amount of time between when I heard it and when it started making its rounds on twitter recently :dontknow:

I did see the tweet everyone's citing and its not exactly what I had heard, but the overall point is that Poole was on people's nerves before the punch. Even before the end of last season

MT said that before the punch occurred also… not that he was on everyones nerves but that the old farts did not feel like he gave them the proper respect for everything they accomplished.

When scrimmaging against Poole’s team they especially want to win.

Nobody likes losing to him

Klay: “i see he’s coming for your job too”

My feeling at the time was that the old farts were feeling old and just want everyone to bow down to them and feel personally disrespected when ppl dont. See Klays reaction to Dev Book and Bridges trash talk for non-teammate dynamic.

I dont feel that much different about it now tbh. Draymond and Klay talk crap all day long, they dont like young guys giving it back to them - especially young guys that should be sucking up all their knowledge. Draymond physically threatened Kerr during halftime and physically assaulted Poole. No fire for that smoke though.

Draymond is a straight bully and he f’d our season. But he’s good and he was central to past success so lets gloss over that and shame the youngster.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#76 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun May 14, 2023 1:20 am

rcs15 wrote:Seems pretty simple. Move Poole, kuminga and any reasonable amounts of firsts to get guys who can contribute now. And who Kerr will play. If we have to include moody or PBJ I'm fine too but would prefer to keep them.

We just need a couple rotation pieces ideally with size.

Poole and kuminga both think they are better than they are. Neither guy will lead us anywhere post curry. Put everything into the next few years and then rebuild after.

Poole especially needs to go. He and klay can't be on the same team as both are massively overpaid guards. Klay at least still shot 41 % from 3. I think his legs just were tired this round.

Plus Poole has the worst attitude and doesn't even try on defense. I believe dude just gave up this postseason and all around looked like a pouty little bitch.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

Overpaid means the player will not be accepted in a
trade without a sweetener being thrown in.

You should never let what you paid for a stock effect whether you hold or sell the stock (except in tax planning). What we paid Klay and Poole is irrelevant now. There is nothing wrong with having both except who will defend off guards.

Keeping the same players together is good unless the team attitude is rotten or the positions of the players does not make sense.

The only thing wrong with the Warriors positions is the lack of a back up center and the lack of a shot blocker.

The Warriors have no redundant pieces that have significant trade value. We don’t need Moody but I don’t think we can get more than a pair of 2nd round picks for Moody.

If we got rid of Kuminga and JMG we would need a power forward in return because Lamb is small.

Kuminga hopefully getting better might be the Warriors best hope of getting significantly better.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,200

Post#77 » by clyde21 » Sun May 14, 2023 2:09 am

- DDV wants to return

Poole doesn't fit anything - he's a zero value add to this team and is a terrible roster fit on top of it, he sucks next to Steph, sucks next to Klay, he sucks off-ball, is an overdribbler who can't run offense and is a massive defensive turnstile, can't even defend a single position

literally nothing that he does fits this system, scheme or our personnel...this is has been a huge misnomer on this board for a while now and it needs to die, people are just enamored with a nice hesi move and the occasional 28 footer, otherwise no, he's adds nothing to this team and all impact metrics have been showing this virtually his entire career on this team.

mind boggling that we still have Poole stans on this board. it's weird af.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#78 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun May 14, 2023 3:03 am

clyde21 wrote:

- DDV wants to return

Poole doesn't fit anything - he's a zero value add to this team and is a terrible roster fit on top of it, he sucks next to Steph, sucks next to Klay, he sucks off-ball, is an overdribbler who can't run offense and is a massive defensive turnstile, can't even defend a single position

literally nothing that he does fits this system, scheme or our personnel...this is has been a huge misnomer on this board for a while now and it needs to die, people are just enamored with a nice hesi move and the occasional 28 footer, otherwise no, he's adds nothing to this team and all impact metrics have been showing this virtually his entire career on this team.

It is mind boggling that we ever had Poole haters.
Poole has his problems but there are not many people that I would want to replace Poole with as our 2nd scorer who fits with the teal.

You have been wrong about Poole all year. Hopefully Poole will win you over next year.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#79 » by CDM_Stats » Sun May 14, 2023 3:03 am

azwfan wrote:Draymond physically threatened Kerr during halftime and physically assaulted Poole. No fire for that smoke though.

thats not really how the phrase works. We've seen the fire with Draymond, none of this is new. Its not condoning, we're just not surprised. If anything he did outshined what he was worth, they would have cut bait. But they didn't. Will they with Poole? We'll see.. but odds sure aren't in his favor

Dray was also really good all this season, which is a huge factor as well. Don't really care if Klay doesn't like them, the guy's not exactly known for his awareness of situations. But if Curry is making big speeches directed at someone, that's concerning. Cant remember hearing anything about that stuff.. when's the last time you heard a Warrior griping about minutes? Why were reporters coming out with stories about how tense the locker room was when Poole, and only Poole, was being asked questions during playoff post-game scrums?

Either way, don't get why there's excuse making for him going on. If he wanted out after the punch, then do that. Once you take the extension money, you need to be committed to doing better. Poole has regressed tremendously nearly across the board to the point where he's likely a negative value contract. He bears the brunt of that responsibility
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,200

Post#80 » by clyde21 » Sun May 14, 2023 3:04 am

clyde21 wrote:

It is mind boggling that we ever had Poole haters.
Poole has his problems but there are not many people that I would want to replace Poole with as our 2nd scorer who fits with the teal.

You have been wrong about Poole all year. Hopefully Poole will win you over next year.

i have been wrong about Poole? ok :lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors