ImageImageImageImageImage

Go Nuggets

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Re: Go Nuggets 

Post#61 » by GS Warriors 1 » Tue May 23, 2023 4:29 am

Early on, looked like Denver was giving LA a freebie. Not so fast. Great 2nd half to shut the door. Those 2 Jokic 3's with the shot clock expiring were incredible lol.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#62 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 23, 2023 4:58 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Lakers were lucky to even get this far.

Injured grizz team
Tired and injured dubs team

A miracle that they got this far. How good is LeBron (I hate him but still) he dragged this squad to the playoffs and beat Warriors in six. (Ugh ....ANY decent game from Klay and Warriors would have won :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#63 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 23, 2023 4:59 am

All NBA should be voted on after the season. The All star selections are already regular season based.

Jokic is more deserved of the mvp and 1st team all nba over embiid.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#64 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue May 23, 2023 5:30 am

Impuniti wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Honestly, I think we would’ve beat the Lakers if Klay and Poole played 0 minutes.

I think having 2017 JaVale McGee playing for the current Warriors would have got the Warriors Pat a he Lakers.

Give us last year’s Poole plus a best of last year’s Bejelica best of 2017 JaVale combined talents fictional player and we absolutely beat the Lakers.

IMO they missed someone like Otto or Belly more. Someone to stretch the floor that is also a big. But you know.. Lacob's dumbass who’s in there writing things in the white board like he has a clue about scouting is why Wiseman wasn't traded earlier and why no competition was brought in for him.

I see the current Warriors problem as a problem on defense more than a problem on offense.

We don’t need 5 three point shooters on the floor are even 4 three point shooters if the non shooters are setting good screens and the 3 point shooters can hit 3s while coming off screens.

As non shooters go Looney and Draymond provide a lot of offense without shooting.

JMG can shoot 3s and had his one big 3 point shooting game vs the lakers. JMG rebounds but I do not like JMG’s defense even though I can’t put my finger on exactly what is wrong with JMG’s defense.

We got no shot blocking vs penetrating guards and no shot blocking vs Anthony Davis. Our Defensive strategy vs Davis was to wait for Davis to have a bad game simply because Davis tends not to have 2 good games in a row.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 448

Post#65 » by superunknown » Tue May 23, 2023 6:33 am

hat to the nuggets, they played 4 great games, always present with their minds, always on point in the clucth, and better than expected defensively, always aggressive and able to erase AD dominance in the paint, the great advantage the freethrowstakers had in the previous two series.
anyway, it was enough having the FTs disparity around +10 (rather than +20) to end the freethrowstakers' fairy tale. who would have thought it?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#66 » by wco81 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:44 pm

superunknown wrote:hat to the nuggets, they played 4 great games, always present with their minds, always on point in the clucth, and better than expected defensively, always aggressive and able to erase AD dominance in the paint, the great advantage the freethrowstakers had in the previous two series.
anyway, it was enough having the FTs disparity around +10 (rather than +20) to end the freethrowstakers' fairy tale. who would have thought it?

They made some crazy shots, especially Jokic a couple of times, on well-contested shots.

You know the same ones people bitched about here when the Warriors, mostly Klay, took them.

Nuggets shot 40.3 as a team from 3-point range, on 144 attempts or over 35 attempts a game. Lakers took only 107 3P attempts, at a34.9 percentage.

The real telling thing, Nuggets got 81 FTAs and Lakers got 107 FTAs, or 20 vs 26 FTAs per game. So NEVER a 20 FTA difference like the Warriors had to deal with in the 4 losses.

Lakers slightly outshot the Warriors from 3, .357 to .354 in the 6 games but the Warriors made 33 more 3-pointers. But the Lakers made 126 FTs to the Warriors making 60 FTs. FTAs were 160 to 80. That's right, 80 more FTAs, pretty much negated the more 3PMs.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,911

Post#67 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 23, 2023 3:58 pm

Nuggets saved the season for me! Now go win it all.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#68 » by WarriorGM » Wed May 24, 2023 1:05 am

Impuniti wrote:
I think having 2017 JaVale McGee playing for the current Warriors would have got the Warriors Pat a he Lakers.

Give us last year’s Poole plus a best of last year’s Bejelica best of 2017 JaVale combined talents fictional player and we absolutely beat the Lakers.

IMO they missed someone like Otto or Belly more. Someone to stretch the floor that is also a big. But you know.. Lacob's dumbass who’s in there writing things in the white board like he has a clue about scouting is why Wiseman wasn't traded earlier and why no competition was brought in for him.

I see the current Warriors problem as a problem on defense more than a problem on offense.

We don’t need 5 three point shooters on the floor are even 4 three point shooters if the non shooters are setting good screens and the 3 point shooters can hit 3s while coming off screens.

As non shooters go Looney and Draymond provide a lot of offense without shooting.

JMG can shoot 3s and had his one big 3 point shooting game vs the lakers. JMG rebounds but I do not like JMG’s defense even though I can’t put my finger on exactly what is wrong with JMG’s defense.

We got no shot blocking vs penetrating guards and no shot blocking vs Anthony Davis. Our Defensive strategy vs Davis was to wait for Davis to have a bad game simply because Davis tends not to have 2 good games in a row.

Agreed defense was the main issue. I keep seeing numerous people saying Draymond and Looney cannot be played together due to spacing blah blah blah but whenever I look at the +/- data they look fine together.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#69 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed May 24, 2023 1:59 am

I think plus minus likes Draymnd and Looney together. Looney can pass. Who cares that Draymond and Looney can not shoot.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#70 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am

Draymond and Looney are fine. Upgrade JMG.
JMG is fine for stretch 5 on offense and JMG. Rebounds better than Kuminga but we have no shot blocker.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#71 » by Impuniti » Fri May 26, 2023 5:29 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Draymond and Looney are fine. Upgrade JMG.
JMG is fine for stretch 5 on offense and JMG. Rebounds better than Kuminga but we have no shot blocker.

JMG is a low IQ idiot though. He should be let go this summer. They need a real stretch 5 that is reliable at shooting, not someone that needs 2 whole seconds to line up his shot when he's wide open.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#72 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri May 26, 2023 10:20 pm

Impuniti wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Draymond and Looney are fine. Upgrade JMG.

JMG is a low IQ idiot though. He should be let go this summer. They need a real stretch 5 that is reliable at shooting, not someone that needs 2 whole seconds to line up his shot when he's wide open.

Baldwin is now 6’ 11” but does not have grown man strength yet. JMG shot open 3s well for a big but he was not that big. Can we safely assume that Baldwin will shoot open 3s better than JMG?

JMG had horrible plus minus. I did not like JMG on defense but I could not decide what exactly JMG was doing wrong.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#73 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon May 29, 2023 10:16 am

Now beat the Celtics.
We will take you down next year Nuggets.

Holy crap I am rooting against my ex home team Celtics. I win either way. Celtics vs Lakers championship count.

Just no Heat championship please. But the Heat also make a good story. Maybe the Heat winning the championship is OK. I appreciate what Jimmy Butler has done. Wouldn’t every team feel like they could win the championship if they could find their Jimmy Butler? Do I really still hold LeBron against the Heat? My beef with LeBron is really a beef with LeBron fans not LeBron and a beef with refs for kissing LeBron’s butt.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,165

Post#74 » by cpower » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:18 am

its laughable how good Denvers role players are . Brown, KCP, Gordon all have huge games in NBA finals and MPJ cant even buy a basket...we really dont have much chance against this denver team unless we are able to get elite vets like last year.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#75 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:54 pm

cpower wrote:its laughable how good Denvers role players are . Brown, KCP, Gordon all have huge games in NBA finals and MPJ cant even buy a basket...we really dont have much chance against this denver team unless we are able to get elite vets like last year.

Dubs starters would get caved in by Denver before the bench would factor in. Time to breakup the core.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#76 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:36 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
cpower wrote:its laughable how good Denvers role players are . Brown, KCP, Gordon all have huge games in NBA finals and MPJ cant even buy a basket...we really dont have much chance against this denver team unless we are able to get elite vets like last year.

Dubs starters would get caved in by Denver before the bench would factor in. Time to breakup the core.

Just because 1 team gets really really good, doesn;t mean your's is now automatically bad.

Our core is fine, we need to upgrade in areas, but the core is fine.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#77 » by Old_Blue » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:55 pm

Coxy wrote:Just because 1 team gets really really good, doesn;t mean your's is now automatically bad.

While I agree with the general sentiment, I also feel like it all goes out the window when one player is essentially breaking the game and forcing you to re-think everything. It's not a stretch to say that Nikola Jokić is doing to the center position what Steph did to the combo guard position. Jokić is putting up video game stats and he just turned 28 and he's surrounded by a great cast of role players. The Dubs are going to have to either evolve or adapt to deal with that.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#78 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:45 am

Coxy wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Just because 1 team gets really really good, doesn;t mean your's is now automatically bad.

I don't think the core is fine anymore and it's not due to one team getting good but that the Warriors regressed and they were basically a .500 team last season.

I believe the core's best days are behind them and truly hope they don't extend Dray and Klay.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#79 » by wco81 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:48 am

I don’t know that the Nuggets do as well vs. Celtics or Bucks. Nobody can stop Jokic. But other teams do have defenders who can make Murray work more.

Also Heat hasn’t been able to pressure Jokic to defend from the 3 point line to the rim. Curry really scored easily on pick and rolls where they put Jokic in the action. He’s still a seven footer and wide body but the best players can force Him to switch out to tHe arc and then beat him to the rim.

Lowry and Butler haven’t been able to make Jokic work enough on defense.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#80 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:12 pm

Jokic = Curry in the way he stretches the floor. He's even better (IMO) at attacking defenses through a constant patient attack over the top or stretching the defense from three land.
I enjoy watching Denver slice up Miami as I used to watching the Warriors in their early dynasty years.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors