ImageImageImageImageImage

Who should Warriors try and pair w/ Steph?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Re: Who should Warriors try and pair w/ Steph? 

Post#41 » by HiRez » Sat May 13, 2023 9:07 pm

Any chance we can grab Naz Reid?
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#42 » by DevinVassell » Sat May 13, 2023 9:48 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:I just want size. Give me some bigs on the roster. A real center who can provide interior presence, alter shots, rebound the shite out of the ball, second chance points, toughness.

Claxton or Kessler might be gettable for some package involving the #19. Both elite shot blockers. Lauri Marrkanen also rings my bell.

Utah would have to be seriously drunk to entertain a trade for Kessler that revolved around the #19. There are a lot of unrealistic ideas in this thread; that one might be my favorite.

Well your welcome, thanks for the snarky reply mod. Speaking of drunk.... when did the word "involving" become "revolving"... that just changes the argument and what was stated but you knew that right. A straight up trade like that or near to it would just be silly right but carry on.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#43 » by DevinVassell » Sat May 13, 2023 9:53 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:I just want size. Give me some bigs on the roster. A real center who can provide interior presence, alter shots, rebound the shite out of the ball, second chance points, toughness.

Claxton or Kessler might be gettable for some package involving the #19. Both elite shot blockers. Lauri Marrkanen also rings my bell.

Utah would have to be seriously drunk to entertain a trade for Kessler that revolved around the #19. There are a lot of unrealistic ideas in this thread; that one might be my favorite.

I guess this is why posters think that it's so simple to be the GM....easy peasy - make great lopsided trade.

Jesus. Righto, behind the sheds. Two o'clock.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,902

Post#44 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 13, 2023 9:54 pm

DevinVassell wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Utah would have to be seriously drunk to entertain a trade for Kessler that revolved around the #19. There are a lot of unrealistic ideas in this thread; that one might be my favorite.

I guess this is why posters think that it's so simple to be the GM....easy peasy - make great lopsided trade.

Jesus. Righto, behind the sheds. Two o'clock.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean???
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#45 » by DevinVassell » Sat May 13, 2023 10:01 pm

Onus wrote:

Why trade for Claxton or Kessler for #19 + when you can just draft Lively at #19 who is a younger more mobile Kessler??!?!

Fair call, I wouldnt be against it but draft is hit or miss. (Wiseman!!) The first two have both proven to be effective nba players/bigs.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#46 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat May 13, 2023 10:21 pm

Kuya wrote:I'm anticipating a very aggressive offseason centered on a quick rebuild around Steph.

There was parity throughout s season.
Bucks and Grizzlies got beat.

A aggressive rebuild with significant change is more likely to take warriors further away from the championship than closer to the championship.

Warriors need to fix whatever made the Warriors not able to play right non crunch situations this year. I am think this mental problem will fix it self by losing, not winning the championship, not being overconfident and having the summer off.

Poole should get a personal coach for defense.

What will Kuminga be by playoff time 2024?

Draymond and Curry together is the special sauce that one us 4 championships.

Klay is paid about twice what he is currently worth but there is nothing to be done about that. Klay knows how to play with Dray and Curry and Looney also really knows the system.

Wiggins fits well. Poole and Payton have their roles.

Get a shot blocker that is athletic enough for Kerr to play.

Baldwin grew too 6’ 11” this year and might be able to replace JMG as stretch big.

I want Tack Fall on the bench because we have the smallest team and Tacko is the opposite of small.

Mayble get a cheap small ultra fast point guard that can hound point guard’s trying to dribble even better than Payton can. I am thinking that a speed point guard might get Steph shots with Steph playing off guard. But maybe Payton can be the speed point guard. I hear that Rollins is the fastest of the 17 players the Warriors had under contract this year.

Instead of that speed point guard we can bring back Ty Jerome. I am not counting roster spots. Iguodala retiring creates a roster spot and I am counting JMG and Donte as gone. Ty Jerome is more skilled than Moody but do w really need both? Maybe we should trade Moody and keep Ty Jerome.

Keep Lamb because with me trying to replace JMG with centers that leaves just Kuminga and Lamb backing up Draymond. Kuminga has potential to be an impact player but I don’t trust Kuminga. I trust Lamb but Lamb is too small for power forward.

We don’t have salary cap to get a very good player to help Curry unless we want to package Klay and 4 1st round draft picks for a good player.

We do have a trade exception from Wiseman.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#47 » by migya » Sun May 14, 2023 2:47 am

Wonder if Bucks would give Holiday for Poole and two bench guys. Holiday would give the defense and allround play that would be maximised next to Curry, Klay, Draymond, Wiggs and Looney.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#48 » by Coxy » Sun May 14, 2023 7:39 am

Porzingis is the guy I want.

Poole/Kuminga for KP.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#49 » by Swift21 » Sun May 14, 2023 7:57 am

clyde21 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:It's going to depend on how the rest of the playoffs shakes out but here is a list of players to look out for this summer.

Jimmy Butler
Jaylen Brown
Kawhi Leanord
Paul George
Pascal Siakam
OG
Myles Turner
DFS
KAT
Bradley Beal
Middleton
Caruso

none of those is gettable for us except for like DFS.

there are more realistic scenarios, like Harris/Isaac from Orlando, and Bogo from Detroit.

Harris/Isaac looks like the most realistic option. We know for sure Orlando wants to move off Isaac.
Swift21
General Manager

Post#50 » by Swift21 » Sun May 14, 2023 8:14 am

Coxy wrote:Porzingis is the guy I want.

Poole/Kuminga for KP.

He's going to opt out and re-sign with the Wizards.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#51 » by SpreeS » Sun May 14, 2023 8:17 am

All these trade nothing change if 36y old Curry will be your unquestionably lonely offensive hub.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#52 » by Coxy » Sun May 14, 2023 10:17 am

Swift21 wrote:

Poole/Kuminga for KP.

Yeah the contract side may not work
Swift21
General Manager

Post#53 » by Swift21 » Sun May 14, 2023 10:29 am

Coxy wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Poole/Kuminga for KP.

Yeah the contract side may not work

I remember reading it in the wiretap last week.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,388

Post#54 » by svart » Sun May 14, 2023 12:28 pm

migya wrote:Wonder if Bucks would give Holiday for Poole and two bench guys. Holiday would give the defense and allround play that would be maximised next to Curry, Klay, Draymond, Wiggs and Looney.

Didn't Jrue said he wants to retire?
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#55 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun May 14, 2023 12:37 pm

Aside from trades, I think the dubs sound offer jta the minimum and take iggys recently vacated roster spot.

He isnt the most talented player, but he works hard and is a great lockerroom guy. He's another nonsmoker, but he's got a little dray in him as a connecter on the floor. And adding another 3/4 is a good thing, especially one who knows his role.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#56 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun May 14, 2023 2:48 pm

DevinVassell wrote:

Well your welcome, thanks for the snarky reply mod. Speaking of drunk.... when did the word "involving" become "revolving"... that just changes the argument and what was stated but you knew that right. A straight up trade like that or near to it would just be silly right but carry on.

I am no longer a mod.

I interpreted "involving" as "revolving" because otherwise it is completely meaningless. Then you could just as well say, "Kessler for some package involving a conditional 2025 2nd round pick". And when people balked say, "Well, it would also probably involve 3 1sts and Kuminga". If you're only going to mention one asset, it should probably be the interesting one.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer

Post#57 » by DevinVassell » Sun May 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Ok, poor choice of words on my part. No package for any decent player would revolve around our 19th pick. I only mentioned it being included because of Kerrs recent history as our coach.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#58 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun May 14, 2023 9:19 pm

Swift21 wrote:

Poole/Kuminga for KP.

He may be expendable if Washington gets the 1st pick.

They really need a PG, they were starting Monte Morris, who is a good backup, but really overwhelmed as a starting PG.

So Poole could interest them.

Extremely dificult to happen, though.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 202

Post#59 » by BayAreaDub » Sun May 14, 2023 10:06 pm

DeRozan for Klay if we could swing it

See what depth Poole/Kuminga/+++ could net us

Can't stick with what we got
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#60 » by ILOVEIT » Sun May 14, 2023 10:24 pm

BayAreaDub wrote:DeRozan for Klay if we could swing it

See what depth Poole/Kuminga/+++ could net us

Can't stick with what we got

Derozen is just too much of a space and ball movement killer. For my money Warriors should play Wiggins more at the post if that's the kind of scoring we are looking for.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors