ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it time to break up the core 3?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Is it time to break up the core?

Yes, last season proved they can no longer contend for a title.
61%
No, Steph, Klay and Draymond can still contend for a title with better roll players.
39%

Total votes: 51

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Re: Is it time to break up the core 3? 

Post#61 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon May 29, 2023 10:14 am

No
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#62 » by whatisacenter » Mon May 29, 2023 3:21 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:No

Weren’t you proposing trading Klay and 5 FRP’s for Myles Turner in another thread?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#63 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon May 29, 2023 6:09 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:No

Weren’t you proposing trading Klay and 5 FRP’s for Myles Turner in another thread?

Yes. That is a trade I would do.
I won’t like trading Klay for sentry mental reasons.

If you trade Draymond you are no longer a contender. Trading Klay (salary) and draft picks (potential) for win now players is the only major move that makes sense.

Continuity is good so any other change of players has you losing on the trade. The only imbalance of player positions the Warriors have is the lack of a back up center and the lack of shot blocking.

If the Warriors must dump more salary then the Warriors can not be a contender.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,291

Post#64 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 30, 2023 3:14 am

Klay + 5 1st round picks would be worse than minny making the dlo-wiggins swap.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#65 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 30, 2023 8:01 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Starting Looney and Draymond must end.
All it takes is finding ONE vet that helps the starting 5 - my move is Jrue Holiday (for home town Poole) and move Klay to SF.
Jrue, Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond as the small ball lineup. Bring Looney, Moody, Kuminga off the bench and run Jrue with the second squad more often.

Jrue is one of the best players in the league and Poole is one of the worst. Why would they do that?

Did you just say Jrue is one of the BEST players in the league and Poole is the WORST? Ouch.

Poole is nowhere near a worse player. He's an uber talented guard who just last year contributed big time in Warriors chip. This year in the regular season he averaged 20. He sucked in the playoffs but let's not overstate it.
He is a Milwaukee local kid and 23.
Jrue has two more seasons in him (according to his own ideal timeline).

JP probably the dumbest Warriors player I’ve ever seen and we’ve had Corey Maggette.

Jrue is a beast at the defense end and can guard any position. More efficient and smarter offense player as well. We would probably have to include JK and two 1sts for Milwaukee to do that.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
CDM_Stats
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,951

Post#66 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 30, 2023 9:27 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Jrue is one of the best players in the league and Poole is one of the worst. Why would they do that?

Did you just say Jrue is one of the BEST players in the league and Poole is the WORST? Ouch.

Poole is nowhere near a worse player. He's an uber talented guard who just last year contributed big time in Warriors chip. This year in the regular season he averaged 20. He sucked in the playoffs but let's not overstate it.
He is a Milwaukee local kid and 23.
Jrue has two more seasons in him (according to his own ideal timeline).

JP probably the dumbest Warriors player I’ve ever seen and we’ve had Corey Maggette.

Jrue is a beast at the defense end and can guard any position. More efficient and smarter offense player as well. We would probably have to include JK and two 1sts for Milwaukee to do that.

nah he just sticks out more because he's surrounded by smart players.. that said, MIL would not be willing to make a massive downgrade. And yes, Poole is a much worse player than Jrue.. shouldnt be a question

take anyone from WE BELIEVE or immediately after (pre-Curry) and they'd look as bad or worse
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#67 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue May 30, 2023 9:44 pm

Retooling. The next step is seeing if Draymond opts into his PO or not. If he does, then we can still compete and just need to find a taker for either or both Poole and Klay. If he opts out, then it'll be a firesale without trying to have Curry lose faith in the organization.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 199

Post#68 » by BayAreaDub » Wed May 31, 2023 1:58 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Retooling. The next step is seeing if Draymond opts into his PO or not. If he does, then we can still compete and just need to find a taker for either or both Poole and Klay. If he opts out, then it'll be a firesale without trying to have Curry lose faith in the organization.

I think if Draymond opts out it might also mean seeing what Wiggins could fetch us. Need to maximize value and see what we could get to bolster our depth.
CDM_Stats
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,951

Post#69 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 31, 2023 3:57 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Retooling. The next step is seeing if Draymond opts into his PO or not. If he does, then we can still compete and just need to find a taker for either or both Poole and Klay. If he opts out, then it'll be a firesale without trying to have Curry lose faith in the organization.

If he opts in, it will only be because they've already worked out the extension.. him opting out of it wouldnt be good (for those who want to retain him) but would still keep us the heavy favorite to retain him. Teams with capspace aren't likely to overlap much with teams that could use him well enough to pay him as much as the Warriors likely would
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#70 » by Coxy » Wed May 31, 2023 4:06 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:JP probably the dumbest Warriors player I’ve ever seen and we’ve had Corey Maggette.

Kelly Oubre is uber offended by this.

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#71 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed May 31, 2023 4:19 am

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:JP probably the dumbest Warriors player I’ve ever seen and we’ve had Corey Maggette.

Kelly Oubre is uber offended by this.

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#72 » by killmongrel » Wed May 31, 2023 6:30 am

BayAreaDub wrote:

I think if Draymond opts out it might also mean seeing what Wiggins could fetch us. Need to maximize value and see what we could get to bolster our depth.

People really have to stop mentioning Wiggins when it comes to trades. It would be ludicrous to trade Wiggins unless they upgrade at his position or get a better starting player to team up with Steph.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,291

Post#73 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed May 31, 2023 7:07 am

killmongrel wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:

People really have to stop mentioning Wiggins when it comes to trades. It would be ludicrous to trade Wiggins unless they upgrade at his position or get a better starting player to team up with Steph.

How many wings in the nba would be considered an upgrade to wiggins? I keep seeing guys like tate, Martin Jr, or even brooks being wiggins replacements on the trade board.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#74 » by killmongrel » Wed May 31, 2023 7:10 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:

How many wings in the nba would be considered an upgrade to wiggins? I keep seeing guys like tate, Martin Jr, or even brooks being wiggins replacements on the trade board.

I have no idea, especially when it comes to realistic options, but I just don't understand the idea of trading Wiggins for depth. If we do something like that and have no path to getting an upgrade or adding a "second option" on the team, we're just screwing ourselves.
BayAreaDub
Junior

Post#75 » by BayAreaDub » Wed May 31, 2023 2:56 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

I have no idea, especially when it comes to realistic options, but I just don't understand the idea of trading Wiggins for depth. If we do something like that and have no path to getting an upgrade or adding a "second option" on the team, we're just screwing ourselves.

KD or Tatum :lol:

Never say never it’s possible

Wiggins you wouldn’t trade for an upgrade anyways. You’d cash him in for assets to help the roster overall.

We need quality depth and I’d for sure see what Poole, Klay, Kuminga, future 1sts before considering a Wiggins trade.

But he is our #1 asset behind Steph
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#76 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 31, 2023 3:02 pm

killmongrel wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:

Curry is on an island by himself as the guy you don't trade and Wiggins is second. Unless Wiggins is part of a package to bring back a true star he should not be moved.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#77 » by killmongrel » Wed May 31, 2023 7:03 pm

BayAreaDub wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Wiggins you wouldn’t trade for an upgrade anyways. You’d cash him in for assets to help the roster overall.

We need quality depth and I’d for sure see what Poole, Klay, Kuminga, future 1sts before considering a Wiggins trade.

Did you read what I wrote? I said trading Wiggins for depth is foolish if there is no path to upgrading his position or getting a significant player to team Steph up with.

If we need quality depth, there are other ways to get it.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#78 » by killmongrel » Wed May 31, 2023 7:04 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:

Curry is on an island by himself as the guy you don't trade and Wiggins is second. Unless Wiggins is part of a package to bring back a true star he should not be moved.

Agreed.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#79 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed May 31, 2023 7:10 pm

Just trade pKlay and Draymond annd Poole and a bunch of money for a box of popcorn and then we will be a contender; right?
BayAreaDub
Junior

Post#80 » by BayAreaDub » Wed May 31, 2023 7:49 pm

killmongrel wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Did you read what I wrote? I said trading Wiggins for depth is foolish if there is no path to upgrading his position or getting a significant player to team Steph up with.

If we need quality depth, there are other ways to get it.

We talking about the same thing. You didn’t say foolish btw.

I’m saying we consider a Wiggins trade if overall it improves the roster along with Klay, Poole, Kuminga, picks trade(s). Complete overhaul if it made sense.

I’m thinking big picture you’re thinking a single trade.

Return to Golden State Warriors