ImageImageImageImageImage

What happens when Draymond signs with the Lakers?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Re: What happens when Draymond signs with the Lakers? 

Post#41 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 23, 2023 6:14 am

Not including the dubs, dray would fit in seamlessly in Portland.

I still think a dray extension should be the priority.

3/70: 28M 22M 20M
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#42 » by Upperclass » Tue May 23, 2023 7:05 am

Dray in Portland would be good for the league. Similar situation that's in GSW with a very good, underrated coach. And a pretty athletic, fast roster, one dominant PG scorer and one electric Poole-Like SG in Ant Simons who may get dealt
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#43 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 23, 2023 2:30 pm

Lillard is gone tho
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#44 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon May 29, 2023 10:26 am

Draymond is not signing with the Lakers.
Lakers already have their point forward.

Draymonds assists would plummet.
That would be a sad ending for Draymond.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#45 » by DAWill1128 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:24 am

Dray may want to play with the Lakers but the Lakers priority #1 is Irving. I am convinced Irving is more important than depth pieces. I think Dallas was just a pit stop for Irving on the way to LA like Kawhi in Toronto. I get this feeling Irving might start acting up to force Dallas to trade him to the Lakers for pennies. I don't think Irving wants to be anywhere but LA.

I guess the thinking for the Lakers with Dray is under the circumstance they can't get Irving then the Lakers can weaken the competition by getting Dray. I think that's always been LeBrons buddy plan to get Dray out of Golden State to improve his chances at rings.

Either way, I think LeBron is working the relationships with Irving and Green which will fumble both Dallas and us.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#46 » by azwfan » Mon May 29, 2023 2:33 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:Dray may want to play with the Lakers but the Lakers priority #1 is Irving. I am convinced Irving is more important than depth pieces. I think Dallas was just a pit stop for Irving on the way to LA like Kawhi in Toronto. I get this feeling Irving might start acting up to force Dallas to trade him to the Lakers for pennies. I don't think Irving wants to be anywhere but LA.

I guess the thinking for the Lakers with Dray is under the circumstance they can't get Irving then the Lakers can weaken the competition by getting Dray. I think that's always been LeBrons buddy plan to get Dray out of Golden State to improve his chances at rings.

Either way, I think LeBron is working the relationships with Irving and Green which will fumble both Dallas and us.

Its about money.
Lebron (since he owns a significant portion of Klutch) gets more of it the bigger his clients’ contracts are. He wants Draymond to get paid cause then he gets more money (and attracts more clients).

Draymond to the Lakers is supposed to scare the Warriors into paying more for him than they otherwise would have. If it doesnt work, he’ll sign with the Lakers for mega $ since Lebron has huge influence over LAL for money reasons first (competition 2nd).

Where the plan gets wonky is if GSW doesnt extend and the Lakers prioritize Irving. Then Green maybe to Dallas or… not sure where Draymond goes. Maybe SA to be the vet “leader” (lol) for their youngsters.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#47 » by whatisacenter » Mon May 29, 2023 3:19 pm

I would love to see LeBron and AD running around to get open while waiting for a pass from Draymond.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#48 » by CS707 » Tue May 30, 2023 7:55 pm

azwfan wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:Dray may want to play with the Lakers but the Lakers priority #1 is Irving. I am convinced Irving is more important than depth pieces. I think Dallas was just a pit stop for Irving on the way to LA like Kawhi in Toronto. I get this feeling Irving might start acting up to force Dallas to trade him to the Lakers for pennies. I don't think Irving wants to be anywhere but LA.

Its about money.
Lebron (since he owns a significant portion of Klutch) gets more of it the bigger his clients’ contracts are. He wants Draymond to get paid cause then he gets more money (and attracts more clients).

Draymond to the Lakers is supposed to scare the Warriors into paying more for him than they otherwise would have. If it doesnt work, he’ll sign with the Lakers for mega $ since Lebron has huge influence over LAL for money reasons first (competition 2nd).

Where the plan gets wonky is if GSW doesnt extend and the Lakers prioritize Irving. Then Green maybe to Dallas or… not sure where Draymond goes. Maybe SA to be the vet “leader” (lol) for their youngsters.

LeBron doesn't own any portion of Klutch, technically. I'm sure he was a handshake agreement to buy back in once he's legally able to do so but I doubt the residual income he would be getting from those contracts is enough to risk everything else he has going on.

Return to Golden State Warriors