Your Best Klay Thompson Trade?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Re: Your Best Klay Thompson Trade? 

Post#61 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon May 29, 2023 6:54 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:The dynasty has spoiled me.
Only championships count now.

I was lucky to be a Celtics fan in the 1980s but I have been rooting for the Warriors since 1991 when Gatling was a rookie.

I would trade 5 1st round picks for a serious attempt at one more championship.

I'm not even against the idea of mortgaging the future like that, I'm with you on the idea of rings >>> lightweight contention

But if we do mortgage the future, has to be for an actual perfect fit. Hield has to be a part of that to continue our spacing/tradition of having an airhead SG.. but the Turner bit doesnt do it for me. If we're saying **** the future, then somehow turn Klay/1sts (hopefully not actually 5) into Hield/OG Anuoby/Theis.. send Myles to TOR for OG, basically

Still think its a definite overpay but it replaces Klay in our system as seamlessly as possible considering role/available options.. we get a great defending wing/forward in OG, and we get a capable enough backup C with stretch abilites in Theis

I still think shot blocking is very important. I would rather have a shot blocking center than a 3 point shooting center. Baldwin if he can get center strength and mentality might become a stretch 5. Baldwin now has center height.

Theis is shooting 3s but he is missing his 3s. He is not shot blocking like Turner. Turner is shooting 3s well for a center and better than Theis.

Finding a guard that can shoot 3s is not difficult. Ty Jerome can shoot 3s. Moody has potential.

I see why you want Hield to be the new Klay but I think Turner matters more than a high quality replacement for Klay. With Poole, Jerome and Moody I am not worried about off-guard shooting but we would have to sign Jerome. I like Jerome a lot as an offensive player but I don’t like his defense.

Salary wise I can’t have both Turner and Hield but I can have Turner and McConnell.
McConnell is shooting 3s at 44% but at a lower volume than Hield. I like that McConnel is a real point guard.
I am choosing Turner over Hield. A lot of people on our board don’t seem to think big men matter. I would have liked to have Turner, Looney and Draymond vs the Lakers.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Re: Your Best Klay Thompson Trade? 

Post#62 » by killmongrel » Mon May 29, 2023 7:57 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:The dynasty has spoiled me.
Only championships count now.

I was lucky to be a Celtics fan in the 1980s but I have been rooting for the Warriors since 1991 when Gatling was a rookie.

I would trade 5 1st round picks for a serious attempt at one more championship.

I'm not even against the idea of mortgaging the future like that, I'm with you on the idea of rings >>> lightweight contention

But if we do mortgage the future, has to be for an actual perfect fit. Hield has to be a part of that to continue our spacing/tradition of having an airhead SG.. but the Turner bit doesnt do it for me. If we're saying **** the future, then somehow turn Klay/1sts (hopefully not actually 5) into Hield/OG Anuoby/Theis.. send Myles to TOR for OG, basically

Still think its a definite overpay but it replaces Klay in our system as seamlessly as possible considering role/available options.. we get a great defending wing/forward in OG, and we get a capable enough backup C with stretch abilites in Theis

I still think shot blocking is very important. I would rather have a shot blocking center than a 3 point shooting center. Baldwin if he can get center strength and mentality might become a stretch 5. Baldwin now has center height.

Theis is shooting 3s but he is missing his 3s. He is not shot blocking like Turner. Turner is shooting 3s well for a center and better than Theis.

Finding a guard that can shoot 3s is not difficult. Ty Jerome can shoot 3s. Moody has potential.

I see why you want Hield to be the new Klay but I think Turner matters more than a high quality replacement for Klay. With Poole, Jerome and Moody I am not worried about off-guard shooting but we would have to sign Jerome. I like Jerome a lot as an offensive player but I don’t like his defense.

Salary wise I can’t have both Turner and Hield but I can have Turner and McConnell.
McConnell is shooting 3s at 44% but at a lower volume than Hield. I like that McConnel is a real point guard.
I am choosing Turner over Hield. A lot of people on our board don’t seem to think big men matter. I would have liked to have Turner, Looney and Draymond vs the Lakers.

I think Kerr said PBJ's future was as a stretch 5.

Return to Golden State Warriors