ImageImageImageImageImage

The First Shoe Drops: Myers Out; What's Next?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 445

The First Shoe Drops: Myers Out; What's Next? 

Post#1 » by Romulus » Tue May 30, 2023 6:46 pm

Is Kerr staying? Is Kerr moving upstairs to be the GM?

It seems pretty obvious Bob had become very close to the players and didn't want to make the tough call to let any of the core go.

So, it leads to the question: What's next?

Any ideas? It seems like the Warrior world is about to make sizable changes.

Draymond gone? Klay gone? Curry upset and perhaps wanting to leave too? Can the new GM really keep this core together? And is that even the plan now?
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Re: The First Shoe Drops: Myers Out; What's Next? 

Post#2 » by Big J » Tue May 30, 2023 6:50 pm

If Kerr moves upstairs we're basically in rebuilding mode. I don't see any other coach being able to connect with the vets like he did.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Tue May 30, 2023 6:52 pm

Next is Dunleavy being the new Tom Wambsgans.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,258

Post#4 » by Onus » Tue May 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Kerr isn’t moving up to the front office. Kirk will be taking over shortly. Just try to get another ring on currys timeline and brace for the worst.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Romulus » Tue May 30, 2023 7:00 pm

Onus wrote:Kerr isn’t moving up to the front office. Kirk will be taking over shortly. Just try to get another ring on currys timeline and brace for the worst.

If I'm Curry I'm very concerned and requesting a sit down talk with the new GM to fully understand what direction he's planning for the next few years. And I'm asking some tough questions.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#6 » by Big J » Tue May 30, 2023 7:06 pm

Romulus wrote:
Onus wrote:Kerr isn’t moving up to the front office. Kirk will be taking over shortly. Just try to get another ring on currys timeline and brace for the worst.

If I'm Curry I'm very concerned and requesting a sit down talk with the new GM to fully understand what direction he's planning for the next few years. And I'm asking some tough questions.

If you gave him truth serum the GM would probably tell him that we're going to try shed salary to get under the tax line, but keep Curry around to sell tickets and get marquee TV games while we lose.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#7 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue May 30, 2023 7:08 pm

Dunleavy will trade klay, dray, and wiggins. Then he'll get fired and be replaced by lacobs kid.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Romulus » Tue May 30, 2023 7:15 pm

Big J wrote:
Romulus wrote:

If you gave him truth serum the GM would probably tell him that we're going to try shed salary to get under the tax line, but keep Curry around to sell tickets and get marquee TV games while we lose.

Unfortunately, I think that's a distinct possibility at this point.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,946

Post#9 » by DonaldSanders » Tue May 30, 2023 7:21 pm

Lots of Chicken Little comments so far. Dunleavy is friends with Bob, we're going to get him and generally continuity.

I do think that although I love Bob it may be a good time for someone who is less attached to the current players to make colder choices when necessary. Honestly this may work out for the better if we can give accurate assessments to our old guys and current state of the roster. I love Bob but I got the sense that he didn't want to be the one to potentially jettison a favorite old player or have to break them the bad news that the contract offer was lighter than they would have wanted.

We still have Curry and the core of a champ, we just need some tweaks.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Romulus » Tue May 30, 2023 7:25 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:Lots of Chicken Little comments so far. Dunleavy is friends with Bob, we're going to get him and generally continuity.

I do think that although I love Bob it may be a good time for someone who is less attached to the current players to make colder choices when necessary. Honestly this may work out for the better if we can give accurate assessments to our old guys and current state of the roster. I love Bob but I got the sense that he didn't want to be the one to potentially jettison a favorite old player or have to break them the bad news that the contract offer was lighter than they would have wanted.

Well, there's likely to be an early first test here: Draymond Green. I'm sure the FO wants him back but I'm also sure they have a specific number in mind about just how much they think Draymond is worth. He's likely not to be too thrilled by the offer. Is he willing to pull a Wiggins and take less? We'll find out soon enough but no, I don't this FO is going to offer Draymond the moon.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#11 » by B-King » Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Well Lacob is in full control. Dunleavy will just be in place to take the heat in case it all goes to ****.

Kerr will push to keep the band together and we shall see how this all plays out.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#12 » by watch1958 » Tue May 30, 2023 7:42 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:Lots of Chicken Little comments so far. Dunleavy is friends with Bob, we're going to get him and generally continuity.

The stupid Poole extension really screwed things up. Without that, they could just ride it out for one more year, and deal with Klay at the end of the season.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#13 » by Twinkie defense » Tue May 30, 2023 7:50 pm

Will be interesting to see how this affects Draymond's decision on his player option.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#14 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue May 30, 2023 7:52 pm

Big J wrote:If Kerr moves upstairs we're basically in rebuilding mode. I don't see any other coach being able to connect with the vets like he did.

Should we hire Doc Rivers?
Should we hire Luke Walton?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#15 » by Twinkie defense » Tue May 30, 2023 7:54 pm

The Heat just made the Finals. They are an eight seed and have undrafted free agents making contributions. With their roster and cap situation, that's the Warriors blueprint now. Maybe Myers has been gambling for stars in the draft but Warriors are gonna need to start finding players who can contribute right out of the gate, instead of just looking good coming off the bus.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#16 » by jaymo123 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:01 pm

With Myers stepping down, I believe it makes the decision to trade Dray, Klay, or Poole easier. Personally, I would love to keep Draymond but pair him with a big who can shoot. Because of Klay's dismal playoff's and age, the most likely guy to be traded is Poole.

Trading Poole won't bring back stars but may help the bench in a big way. Something like a Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith. Not saying that is the trade I would make but the caliber of players that would come back in a trade.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#17 » by Warriorfan » Tue May 30, 2023 8:01 pm

A long sit down with Steph Curry. Stay with the current core or trade away the young pieces.

We don't think the current core can win.

I would trade klay because between GP2 and Poole you have a all star 2 way 2 guard.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#18 » by jaymo123 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:03 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:The Heat just made the Finals. They are an eight seed and have undrafted free agents making contributions. With their roster and cap situation, that's the Warriors blueprint now. Maybe Myers has been gambling for stars in the draft but Warriors are gonna need to start finding players who can contribute right out of the gate, instead of just looking good coming off the bus.

The Dubs player development coaches need to greatly improve then.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#19 » by Old_Blue » Tue May 30, 2023 8:09 pm

On the bright side, with Kirk Lacob continuing his stratospheric rise to become the team's de facto GM, the Assistant GM position is now open and accepting applications. Interested candidates should possess: (1) a practical fluency in light-speed, (2) a willingness to take orders from a 34 year old GM, (3) an ability to judge talent while dining at swanky Miami restaurants, and (4) a deep and abiding appreciation of nepotism. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#20 » by watch1958 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:26 pm

jaymo123 wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:The Heat just made the Finals. They are an eight seed and have undrafted free agents making contributions. With their roster and cap situation, that's the Warriors blueprint now. Maybe Myers has been gambling for stars in the draft but Warriors are gonna need to start finding players who can contribute right out of the gate, instead of just looking good coming off the bus.

The Dubs player development coaches need to greatly improve then.
Not so much the development coaches. They brought in guy with good reputations in that field. Instead, they need a real connection between development and playing time. Could be NBA playing time or GLeague, but you shouldn't have guys sitting on the bench catching splinters for weeks.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.

Return to Golden State Warriors