Steve Kerr
16%

Total votes: 31

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Your choice for new GM 

Post#1 » by HiRez » Tue May 30, 2023 8:37 pm

Not including “other” because everyone would choose that. But if you had to pick one of these, considering all the consequences, which one?
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,907

Re: Your choice for new GM 

Post#2 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 30, 2023 8:45 pm

HiRez wrote:Not including “other” because everyone would choose that. But if you had to pick one of these, considering all the consequences, which one?

Why would everyone choose “other”?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#3 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue May 30, 2023 9:13 pm

Kenny Atkinson
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#4 » by donkeylips » Tue May 30, 2023 9:22 pm

i still believe kerr is the right coach for this team, so id go for dunleavy.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#5 » by BoatsNZones » Tue May 30, 2023 9:40 pm

Is Kerr actually being floated as an idea? First time I've seen his name in the mix. Seems it will very likely be Dunleavy Jr, and frankly I have no idea how capable any of them truly are at this point so I won't even bother to vote. I will say that I don't envy the spot they are entering into, it's probably the toughest off-season to manage as long as I've followed the team (~early 90's).
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,444

Post#6 » by Big J » Tue May 30, 2023 9:59 pm

In Dunleavy I trust.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,042

Post#7 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 30, 2023 10:00 pm

much like w/roster replacements, best choice is continuity unless you have some mammoth all-star upgrade in your back pocket

besides the trio of Shaun Livingston/Mike Dunleavy Jr/ Zaza Pachulia would be an excellent negotiating team.. I get a distinct Pulp Fiction vibe from them. MDJ is obviously the Jules
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#8 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 30, 2023 10:01 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:Is Kerr actually being floated as an idea? First time I've seen his name in the mix. Seems it will very likely be Dunleavy Jr, and frankly I have no idea how capable any of them truly are at this point so I won't even bother to vote. I will say that I don't envy the spot they are entering into, it's probably the toughest off-season to manage as long as I've followed the team (~early 90's).

we nearly 100% know it will be Dunleavy and that's fine
The only landmine in this offseason is to not extend Klay.. really that's about it. All the rest can be reasonably justified
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by BoatsNZones » Tue May 30, 2023 10:33 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:Is Kerr actually being floated as an idea? First time I've seen his name in the mix. Seems it will very likely be Dunleavy Jr, and frankly I have no idea how capable any of them truly are at this point so I won't even bother to vote. I will say that I don't envy the spot they are entering into, it's probably the toughest off-season to manage as long as I've followed the team (~early 90's).

The only landmine in this offseason is to not extend Klay.. really that's about it. All the rest can be reasonably justified

What to do with Draymond/Poole (not just dynamic wise, but $ wise) are also absolutely looming large. That brings implications with Kuminga, etc as well. There's a lot to manage and prepare for in this summer, even if they try to kick the tire down the road for a bit for when they ultimately pull the trigger. Curry's thoughts on all of this also loom large as well.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#10 » by Thugleavy34 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:33 pm

I think we all know who I'm voting for.

It's time to thug it up!
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#11 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 30, 2023 10:36 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

What to do with Draymond/Poole (not just dynamic wise, but $ wise) are also absolutely looming large. That brings implications with Kuminga, etc as well. There's a lot to manage and prepare for in this summer, even if they try to kick the tire down the road for a bit for when they ultimately pull the trigger. Curry's thoughts on all of this also loom large as well.

That seems to be more fans' handwringing than anything else.. I mean I'd love to see Poole and Kuminga traded for everyone involved best interest, but the odds that that happens are pretty slim. But not nearly as slim as Draymond leaving
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#12 » by Onus » Tue May 30, 2023 10:43 pm

The only one that has any real track record is Kerr in the front office. I have no clue what Kirk or dunleavy will do. Plus it shouldn’t matter since they do everything by committee right?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by BoatsNZones » Tue May 30, 2023 10:44 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

That seems to be more fans' handwringing than anything else.. I mean I'd love to see Poole and Kuminga traded for everyone involved best interest, but the odds that that happens are pretty slim. But not nearly as slim as Draymond leaving

Ooh I don't know man. I'd actually be pretty surprised if there wasn't a shakeup by the trade deadline at the latest. It's very clearly a turning point year.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,907

Post#14 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 30, 2023 10:51 pm

Onus wrote:The only one that has any real track record is Kerr in the front office. I have no clue what Kirk or dunleavy will do. Plus it shouldn’t matter since they do everything by committee right?

I think it would be more of what we are accustomed to. Dunleavy and Kirk have been heavily involved in the FO for years now.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#15 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 30, 2023 10:52 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:What to do with Draymond/Poole (not just dynamic wise, but $ wise) are also absolutely looming large. That brings implications with Kuminga, etc as well. There's a lot to manage and prepare for in this summer, even if they try to kick the tire down the road for a bit for when they ultimately pull the trigger. Curry's thoughts on all of this also loom large as well.

Ooh I don't know man. I'd actually be pretty surprised if there wasn't a shakeup by the trade deadline at the latest. It's very clearly a turning point year.

Deadline doesnt seem like our style for any big trades, but if I was a gambling man, the biggest names I could legitimately see moving are Poole and Kuminga (but would still bet on minimal changes).. if anything, I think next offseason is the big one. Specifically about Klay and exactly how far GSW's loyalty goes towards him
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#16 » by Onus » Tue May 30, 2023 10:58 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:The only one that has any real track record is Kerr in the front office. I have no clue what Kirk or dunleavy will do. Plus it shouldn’t matter since they do everything by committee right?

I think it would be more of what we are accustomed to. Dunleavy and Kirk have been heavily involved in the FO for years now.

But how would you separate out the 2 of them?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#17 » by TB » Tue May 30, 2023 11:10 pm

Would make sense that Kirk would take the basketball operations promotion and Dun would take the general management promotion. They both fit those roles and have been heavily involved for a long time (yes, even though they almost entirely got their foot in door and some promotions via nepotism)

All things considered I don't think anything this offseason is handled differently with The Disgusting Brothers in charge (with Bob support through draft and start of FA).

Now where we do see if Bob's departure is a factor is in terms of player/external relations. Everyone respected Bob, players, GMs, agents, etc. But as far as drafting and FA deals this year... everyone involved will have same gameplan as if Bob was still here.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#18 » by CDM_Stats » Tue May 30, 2023 11:15 pm

TB wrote:Would make sense that Kirk would take the basketball operations promotion and Dun would take the general management promotion. They both fit those roles and have been heavily involved for a long time (yes, even though they almost entirely got their foot in door and some promotions via nepotism)

All things considered I don't think anything this offseason is handled differently with The Disgusting Brothers in charge (with Bob support through draft and start of FA).

Now where we do see if Bob's departure is a factor is in terms of player/external relations. Everyone respected Bob, players, GMs, agents, etc. But as far as drafting and FA deals this year... everyone involved will have same gameplan as if Bob was still here.

well if there's one spot we definitely have room for improvement.. that'd be the one place where I'd let Dunleavy flex a bit. For all his warts as a player, he was pretty smart, and I'd have to hope he looks for that kind of play in potential draft picks, since that is what fits so well here
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#19 » by Money_ » Tue May 30, 2023 11:33 pm

what, no Shaun Livingston?

I think they stay in house, which means Dunleavy and Lacob's son both get promoted. I have no idea how they'll do.
Since they offered Bob the big bucks and he declined, I don't think this will effect Draymond's decision as much as we thought.
Gonna be an interesting summer.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#20 » by TB » Tue May 30, 2023 11:33 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
TB wrote:Would make sense that Kirk would take the basketball operations promotion and Dun would take the general management promotion. They both fit those roles and have been heavily involved for a long time (yes, even though they almost entirely got their foot in door and some promotions via nepotism)

well if there's one spot we definitely have room for improvement.. that'd be the one place where I'd let Dunleavy flex a bit. For all his warts as a player, he was pretty smart, and I'd have to hope he looks for that kind of play in potential draft picks, since that is what fits so well here

Yup absolutely. I sort of like the idea of Dun/Kirk running the draft evaluation. Or at least I'd say there is nothing yet showing why that can't be an improvement. Even Kirk was pretty great at finding talent for Santa Cruz, and hopefully learned his lesson about a great g-league prospect vs using draft capital on it (looking at you Smiley).

Return to Golden State Warriors