Steve Kerr Takes Jab at Poole & Kuminga [VIDEO]

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Steve Kerr Takes Jab at Poole & Kuminga [VIDEO] 

Post#1 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Jun 6, 2023 12:28 am

Read on Twitter

Either Kerr's trying to keep them young ones in line and play for the team and not themselves, or he's saying "We'll see what you guys can fetch us."

Discuss.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Re: Steve Kerr Takes Jab at Poole & Kuminga [VIDEO] 

Post#2 » by killmongrel » Tue Jun 6, 2023 12:52 am

This sounds more like Anthony Lamb is coming back.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#3 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:10 am

Sounds like the whole team outside of Looney.

I am so out on this whole love fest between Kerr and Draymond since the season ended. I was hoping the Warriors would be smart enough to get off his contract before it was too late.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#4 » by killmongrel » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:15 am

whatisacenter wrote:Sounds like the whole team outside of Looney.

I am so out on this whole love fest between Kerr and Draymond since the season ended. I was hoping the Warriors would be smart enough to get off his contract before it was too late.

Kerr is a part of that Core Mafia. Time to trade some of these young guys.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#5 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:24 am

Well, the unofficial post-Bob Myers is off to a terrific start......
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#6 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:47 am

I buy everything Dray and Kerr are selling. They've proven they know the ingredients that go into winning championships. This is some tough love that our young dudes will either respond to by going to work in the off season or they'll pout and make excuses and detract from the chemistry at which point they'll probably be traded for a disappointing return.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#7 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:57 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:I buy everything Dray and Kerr are selling. They've proven they know the ingredients that go into winning championships. This is some tough love that our young dudes will either respond to by going to work in the off season or they'll pout and make excuses and detract from the chemistry at which point they'll probably be traded for a disappointing return.

Poole had a bad season and attitude probably didnt help things. But to say that he is responsible for poor team chemistry and not mention the head coach or “the core” is disingenuous at best.

Draymond is the “heart and soul”.
Curry is the franchise player.
Kerr is the head coach.
But its Poole and Kuminga that is responsible? Thats trash logic in my book.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#8 » by HiRez » Tue Jun 6, 2023 2:17 am

azwfan wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:I buy everything Dray and Kerr are selling. They've proven they know the ingredients that go into winning championships. This is some tough love that our young dudes will either respond to by going to work in the off season or they'll pout and make excuses and detract from the chemistry at which point they'll probably be traded for a disappointing return.

Poole had a bad season and attitude probably didnt help things. But to say that he is responsible for poor team chemistry and not mention the head coach or “the core” is disingenuous at best.

Draymond is the “heart and soul”.
Curry is the franchise player.
Kerr is the head coach.
But its Poole and Kuminga that is responsible? Thats trash logic in my book.

Yep, the bench wasn't great, but then Kerr didn't really give them a fair shot to be either. Meanwhile, the "core" played (and coached) like ass much of the year and most of the playoffs and no one cares. Somehow they have no responsibility for failure at all.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#9 » by Onus » Tue Jun 6, 2023 2:26 am

Everyone is responsible but it starts with the front office first and foremost. Half the roster was unusable either under 25 and inexperienced or too old ai. The core was probably frustrated that they had to rely on the youngsters and they didn’t handle it well. Klay was on a mission to prove himself. Steph probably tried to hero ball too much. Dray didn’t always bring enough energy. Tried to develop jp at the expense of everyone else. Can only play so many youngsters at the same time and we chose jk and jp.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
azwfan
RealGM

Post#10 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 2:53 am

Onus wrote:Everyone is responsible but it starts with the front office first and foremost. Half the roster was unusable either under 25 and inexperienced or too old ai. The core was probably frustrated that they had to rely on the youngsters and they didn’t handle it well. Klay was on a mission to prove himself. Steph probably tried to hero ball too much. Dray didn’t always bring enough energy. Tried to develop jp at the expense of everyone else. Can only play so many youngsters at the same time and we chose jk and jp.

Agree with this pretty much.

I cant get over the irony that the core cant stand Poole because of his “shot selection”, “disrespecting the coach” and “poor decision making”. Look in the mirror much?

I doubt it was lost on the guys not getting minutes that they appeared to be pulled for singular mistakes while those with equity appeared to be able to do just about anything they want (including punching a teammate) without any consequences.

Thats not to say we shouldn’t trade Poole. We should if the trade will make us a better team, I just dont find that likely. I’d like to see the team come together and win it next season basically in tact as that would make a nice redemption season.

It is tough to rinse the bad taste of 22-23 out of my mouth though and part of me wants us to tear it all down cause im kinda tired of hearing about all the things “the core” did in the past. I saw that already, I’m watching to see what you old farts can still do but with the young guys not in spite of them.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#11 » by sjballer03 » Tue Jun 6, 2023 3:06 am

When the Poole video got leaked, they were like we handle everything in house. Now both these dudes go on a podcast to air everything out for the public...
azwfan
RealGM

Post#12 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 6, 2023 3:17 am

sjballer03 wrote:When the Poole video got leaked, they were like we handle everything in house. Now both these dudes go on a podcast to air everything out for the public...

The only guys keeping stuff in house are the young guys. LOL
sjballer03
Rookie

Post#13 » by sjballer03 » Tue Jun 6, 2023 3:19 am

azwfan wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:When the Poole video got leaked, they were like we handle everything in house. Now both these dudes go on a podcast to air everything out for the public...

The only guys keeping stuff in house are the young guys. LOL

I know right? Since the off-season started, these two bffs have been doing a lot of talking lol
Romulus
Senior
And1: 427

Post#14 » by Romulus » Tue Jun 6, 2023 5:49 am

It's pretty clear how Kerr is coaching these days and it really would be best if they got rid of all these young guys because
1) He ain't playing them. Period.
2) They're going to be blamed if the team doesn't win a championship.

And the truth is the core isn't what the core used to be. Klay can force up bad shot after bad shot; Draymond can have 5 turnovers in a quarter, and their coach just doesn't care or bother to hold them accountable.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#15 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jun 6, 2023 5:58 am

Romulus wrote:It's pretty clear how Kerr is coaching these days and it really would be best if they got rid of all these young guys because
1) He ain't playing them. Period.
2) They're going to be blamed if the team doesn't win a championship.

And the truth is the core isn't what the core used to be. Klay can force up bad shot after bad shot; Draymond can have 5 turnovers in a quarter, and their coach just doesn't care or bother to hold them accountable.

I agree, Klay and Draymond aren't what they used to be and the core is no longer championship material. I can't believe that the FO see's bringing them back, most likely on extensions, as the best path forward.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#16 » by Coxy » Tue Jun 6, 2023 6:33 am

I think this is the result of the two timeline approach that Lacob thought he was being so brilliant with. It sounded good on paper, but the reality is, that vets play all the minutes when yur trying to win titles, and the young guys that think they should be significant pieces can become disgruntled and nnot allowed to play through mistakes.

There's also something to be said about a young player starting the complaint whispers amongst the other young players. It can spread like wildfire quickly below the surface and breed a bad sentiment from within. I've worked with young people that love to complain and gather a young crew together that they can feed off each others complaints. It festers, and it sucks. Kerr may be at fault for not straightening out younger attitudes prior to Draymond going full Mike Tyson.

I'm not pointing any fingers at anyPOOLEone, but there's no doubt that there was somePOOLEone doing the complaining and setting that underPOOLEtone.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#17 » by HiRez » Tue Jun 6, 2023 6:48 am

Hell, at this point I'm so angry that I wouldn't even mind if they traded everyone for like 20 first round picks, hire a coach who is good at development and let's get on with the rebuild. I just foresee a lot of frustration trying to squeeze out another championship while the old guys are all declining (at various rates) and we don't have much financial flexibility to bring in solid role players who can make up the difference. Meanwhile, whatever youth talent we had will be decimated. Likely big reasons why Myers saw what was going down (along with the difficulty of working for Lacob) and decided to get out instead of sink with the ship. They had a great run but it's likely over.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#18 » by svart » Tue Jun 6, 2023 6:50 am

i think the bloody core is too old and kerr is too stubborn. this season was a pain to watch, i had more fun the two seasons we didn't make the playoffs after 2019.
kerr took his side. that is clear. yes, the two timelines wasn't a brilliant ideea, but kerr did everything to sabotage it as well.

i know i'm on an island here, but i still want kerr fired, draymond and klay gone. also poole, if we can move him at a decent price(not sure). this "culture" of ours is in the gutter rn, i think it looks awful when one of your young guys is put down for the world to see, and the agresor is praised by the head coach and backed up by the organization.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,290

Post#19 » by GunnerWRX » Tue Jun 6, 2023 8:15 am

The bench could be better. But I am really pissed that the vets seem more angry at others than themselves.

Steph Klay Draymond making $110M together and the lineup of the big 3 + Looney didn’t hold up against the Lakers. And they are mumbling about the bench when talking about the team’s playoff failure.

Kerr playing 12 guys whole season and mumbling about some guys then mumbling about guys not having “winning mentality” and minutes problem etc. Spo basically played 8 or so guys meaningful minutes and they eventually figured it out. Kerr mumbling others failing him, instead of him failing to set the team up.

These guys they will give lip service about “it’s on me” but when you are a die hard fan, and listen and read every word they say, I don’t think any sane fan would feel they are owning up their failure, and not just blaming it on others.
sjballer03
Rookie

Post#20 » by sjballer03 » Tue Jun 6, 2023 9:50 am

GunnerWRX wrote:The bench could be better. But I am really pissed that the vets seem more angry at others than themselves.

Steph Klay Draymond making $110M together and the lineup of the big 3 + Looney didn’t hold up against the Lakers. And they are mumbling about the bench when talking about the team’s playoff failure.

Kerr playing 12 guys whole season and mumbling about some guys then mumbling about guys not having “winning mentality” and minutes problem etc. Spo basically played 8 or so guys meaningful minutes and they eventually figured it out. Kerr mumbling others failing him, instead of him failing to set the team up.

These guys they will give lip service about “it’s on me” but when you are a die hard fan, and listen and read every word they say, I don’t think any sane fan would feel they are owning up their failure, and not just blaming it on others.

Klay got paid for two years of injury and Dray got paid for his triple singles and podcasts. Terrible leadership by the vets and Kerr is enabling this attitude. These guys legit wanted Bradley Beal a few offseasons ago. I'm not sure why players think they know how to form a team.

Return to Golden State Warriors