ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to go all in for one more chip or?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Go all-in at trade deadline or ?

1 - No way we win it ALL with this group - Go all in at trade deadline while dealing Kuminga and others
67%
2 - Solid chance at winning it all - Stay the course and this team can win it all.
21%
3 - Chip doesn't matter that much - Stay the course and keep the core regardless of an early to middle round exit.
13%

Total votes: 24

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,438

Time to go all in for one more chip or? 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Dec 1, 2023 2:26 am

Anyone REALLY believe this team has a > 20% chance to win it all this year???

Warriors would have an absolutely perfect run - Get by Denver...even a much bigger LA...not to mention a maturing threat in the Kings.

If ownership is truly set on another chip for the Curry years, don't they HAVE to make a move?

Mine: Cp3, Klay, Kuminga, future first for Paul George.
Why for Warriors? Another star still in his prime (close to it) to make the big buckets down the stretch. Klay CANNOT reliably create his shot which creates a ton of pressure on the offense to get him open. CP3 is clearly injury prone. Kuminga, IMO, will never be a top 3 player in a winning team so...what's the point holding onto him.

Why for Clippers? CP3 and Klay is massive cap relief with the option to re-sign So Cal Klay. They get a young talented Kuminga and future first. Leonard and PG are a doomed experiment and Harden will be dealt away this summer. It's a totally rebuild for the Clips.

New starting lineup:
Curry, PG, Wiggins, Draymond, Looney - Three scorers ALL able to get shots off. Four elite defenders.

Regardless of the trade: Are you for an all-in move at trading deadline or?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DonaldSanders
Head Coach
And1: 7,705

Re: Time to go all in for one more chip or? 

Post#2 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Dec 1, 2023 2:54 am

You have prime Steph for a few more years until we turn back into a pumpkin, so you go all in.

The PG trade you proposed needs about 35 million more from the Clippers sent our way, or you can just remove CP3. But the Clippers are about to move to a new arena, no shot in hell Ballmer is rebuilding.

I'm a Lavine trade guy, but we'll never trade Klay. We need that 2nd option scorer, PG of course would be nice to have but really unlikely. Be prepared for the FO to go down with the ship.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,570

Post#3 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:03 am

Rank our trade assets, then think about the return you could expect. You won't like it.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#4 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:09 am

I think a guy like bogs from the Pistons would be a great fit.
DonaldSanders
Head Coach
And1: 7,705

Post#5 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:11 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Rank our trade assets, then think about the return you could expect. You won't like it.

That's actually the tough truth -- even in my trade idea it's just a maybe we are a contender. You don't wipe away years of missing/doing OK on drafts overnight. Watching OKC right now and it's tough to believe we'll ever be able to contend with a team like this unless some superstar like Giannis randomly (and totally unlikely) demands a trade here.

Every year we get older and need a better supporting cast, but so far only limited help has been coming.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#6 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:16 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Rank our trade assets, then think about the return you could expect. You won't like it.

That's actually the tough truth -- even in my trade idea it's just a maybe we are a contender. You don't wipe away years of missing/doing OK on drafts overnight. Watching OKC right now and it's tough to believe we'll ever be able to contend with a team like this unless some superstar like Giannis randomly (and totally unlikely) demands a trade here.

Every year we get older and need a better supporting cast, but so far only limited help has been coming.

The only trades that can happen is to give up youth to get older.

Wiggs, jk, moody, podz, and picks is about all you have left in the war chest.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,739

Post#7 » by whatisacenter » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:24 am

Trade CP, young player/s and a FRP for a long two way player.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
B-King
Rookie
And1: 216

Post#8 » by B-King » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:01 am

Whether we like it or not, we have to go all in with Curry, Klay and Green. Klay could leave next season on his own accord leaving us to add Moody to our untouchable list (Curry, Thompson, Green, Looney and Moody).

Only move I can see that gives us is a chance is to pay the ransom and get Siakim.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,750

Post#9 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:33 am

If we landed Grant (long term deal) or Anunoby (expiring) in a deal involving CP3's contract, a young player(s) and picks I see no reason we don't win the West.

A closing lineup of Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Grant/Anunoby, Green is as good as any team out West. But we need that caliber of player imo for sure.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#10 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:47 am

DAWill1128 wrote:If we landed Grant (long term deal) or Anunoby (expiring) in a deal involving CP3's contract, a young player(s) and picks I see no reason we don't win the West.

A closing lineup of Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Grant/Anunoby, Green is as good as any team out West. But we need that caliber of player imo for sure.

I recall Jason timpf making the same observation. A forward you could slide between wiggs and dray was the missing piece.

Moody with kumingas physical profile would be perfect.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#11 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 1, 2023 8:13 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:If we landed Grant (long term deal) or Anunoby (expiring) in a deal involving CP3's contract, a young player(s) and picks I see no reason we don't win the West.

I recall Jason timpf making the same observation. A forward you could slide between wiggs and dray was the missing piece.

Moody with kumingas physical profile would be perfect.

That's just what we need, Kumoody.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,734

Post#12 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:25 am

To get a guy back with a big salary we have to send a big salary out.

I donā€™t want to send Klay.

So CP3 and Moody and 3 1st round picks for a stud guard.

Or Wiggins and 3 1st round picks for a stud off guard or small forward. Kuminga wants to be a small forward. Moody and Klay can play small forward. We can send Wiggins out and get an off guard in return.

CP3, Wiggins and 3 1sts for a center and a good 2-3 tweener. Start Kuminga at small forward and give some of Kumingaā€™s PF minutes to Trayce

2 timelines failed when Wiseman and Kuminga disappointed. Forget about life after Curry. Tank after Curry. But I am trading 3 1sts to get Curry one more chip so the rebuild does begin until 7 years after Curry. Put to 6 protection on those draft picks we send out.

Become a farm team that develops players and sends them out for draft picks for the 1st 6 years after Curry. Turn Podz, TJD, Moody, and Kuminga into draft picks after Curry because age is going to end very good Curry.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 850

Post#13 » by marthafokker » Sat Dec 2, 2023 2:17 am

Just trade all the big contracts for peanuts except Curry. Get out of salary hell. And force Kerr to teach the kids or quit. The kids are making the vets look good, not the other way around this year.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,119

Post#14 » by Jester_ » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:34 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:To get a guy back with a big salary we have to send a big salary out.

I donā€™t want to send Klay.

So CP3 and Moody and 3 1st round picks for a stud guard.

Or Wiggins and 3 1st round picks for a stud off guard or small forward. Kuminga wants to be a small forward. Moody and Klay can play small forward. We can send Wiggins out and get an off guard in return.

CP3, Wiggins and 3 1sts for a center and a good 2-3 tweener. Start Kuminga at small forward and give some of Kumingaā€™s PF minutes to Trayce

2 timelines failed when Wiseman and Kuminga disappointed. Forget about life after Curry. Tank after Curry. But I am trading 3 1sts to get Curry one more chip so the rebuild does begin until 7 years after Curry. Put to 6 protection on those draft picks we send out.

Become a farm team that develops players and sends them out for draft picks for the 1st 6 years after Curry. Turn Podz, TJD, Moody, and Kuminga into draft picks after Curry.

Genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or not
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,789

Post#15 » by Warriorfan » Sat Dec 2, 2023 11:49 am

People need to remember CP3 contract us more valueable next season can be used like a large trade exemption.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 3,785

Post#16 » by cdubbz » Sat Dec 2, 2023 9:05 pm

GO FOR IT ALL. We can't waste another Curry year. We already blew two draft picks to help us win a championship in Wiseman & Kuminga.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,459

Post#17 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:23 am

No it isn't. That's an old ass team, and this team has been getting their ass absolutely beaten to the ground by teams that are either bigger, or faster, or stronger, or more athletic, or younger or a combination of the two for the past two years. In this fast paced league, you can't have too many old guys eating up all the minutes and accept a championship.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 815

Post#18 » by vagelis » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:18 am

Kuminga+Moody+Gpii+frp for Markkanen + roster filler(K.Dunn)
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,750

Post#19 » by DAWill1128 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:41 am

Impuniti wrote:

No it isn't. That's an old ass team, and this team has been getting their ass absolutely beaten to the ground by teams that are either bigger, or faster, or stronger, or more athletic, or younger or a combination of the two for the past two years. In this fast paced league, you can't have too many old guys eating up all the minutes and accept a championship.

I think it is. If Kerr can't build a defense with Green, Wiggins, Anunoby/Grant eating major minutes plus guys like Looney and GP2 then we need a new coach.

If we can't score points with four spread shooters and Drays passing then we need a new coach. Curry, Klay, Grant, Wiggins are all guys who have scored 20+ in this league and have shot well to blistering from outside.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#20 » by HiRez » Sun Dec 3, 2023 10:22 am

Wiggins + Kuminga + (GP2 or Looney) + 2 first round picks for Siakam should get it doneā€¦if Ujiri is tired. Siakam can pretty much replace much of what all of them give you anyway.

Return to Golden State Warriors