ImageImageImageImageImage

It’s over I’m calling it

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Re: It’s over I’m calling it 

Post#221 » by Impuniti » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:43 am

Onus wrote:Thank god we got rid of Bob. Bob going on the air and saying Kd was the best player in the finals just reinforces how clueless he really is.

Is that what he said? :lol:
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#222 » by superunknown » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:40 am

Onus wrote:Thank god we got rid of Bob. Bob going on the air and saying Kd was the best player in the finals just reinforces how clueless he really is.

even steven a. smith, I mean steven a. smith, basically called him out after that nonsense he said before:
Read on Twitter

bob just a clown at this point.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,165

Post#223 » by cpower » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:22 am

we have like 2% of chance of getting into top 6.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 450

Post#224 » by superunknown » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:31 am

with kerr coaching with his ass and klay not at home watching the game on the TV this season is over.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,002

Post#225 » by DonaldSanders » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:18 am

We have a decent group for next year that is getting experience now. It's almost unreal that we're still having this conversation, but a lot still hangs on whether Steve Kerr uses rotation minutes as a meritocracy or a geritocracy. It's just sad because we could be so much better if we just played the best players.

If you are a bad player, you should not play big minutes, if at all. If both Steve and Klay come back next season on multi-year contracts I really do fear for Curry's final years.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#226 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:21 am

DonaldSanders wrote:We have a decent group for next year that is getting experience now. It's almost unreal that we're still having this conversation, but a lot still hangs on whether Steve Kerr uses rotation minutes as a meritocracy or a geritocracy. It's just sad because we could be so much better if we just played the best players.

If you are a bad player, you should not play big minutes, if at all. If both Steve and Klay come back next season on multi-year contracts I really do fear for Curry's final years.

If that happens it's truly over.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#227 » by DonaldSanders » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:26 am

killmongrel wrote:If that happens it's truly over.

An objective new coach would not play Klay much if at all, trying to prove his worth. It's the combo of Klay and Kerr that is deadly to us. If we brought Klay back on a vet min or $5 million a year for what he's contributed and made him 3rd string if he wants to just stick around, I don't have a problem with that (but that's clearly only a Steve is not coaching thing).

I do have a problem with giving players Make-A-Wish minutes.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#228 » by Old_Blue » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:29 am

killmongrel wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:We have a decent group for next year that is getting experience now. It's almost unreal that we're still having this conversation, but a lot still hangs on whether Steve Kerr uses rotation minutes as a meritocracy or a geritocracy. It's just sad because we could be so much better if we just played the best players.

Well. Half of it has happened. Still feel the same?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#229 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:45 am

Old_Blue wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

If Klay continues to stay in his lane, that's fine. It's if Kerr continues to think Klay is a starter/closer who has a long leash. And that's what the scenario was when I posted that.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#230 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:02 am

Is it over? You would have to define “over”.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#231 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:25 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Is it over? You would have to define “over”.

He meant the bad times are over. EvanZ is the board's eternal optimist.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,386

Post#232 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:07 pm

Kerr appears to have settled into a rotation which has brought good results... the team has been playing very well in the last 15 or so games. Definitely a different team, way better.

However, we have dug ourselves in a such a hole, I don't know if we will be able to finish in a top 6 seed. The play-in is a live lottery, anything can happen, a bad shooting day from Steph, someone from the other team playing way above his head, injuries from both sides in the days leading up, etc.

Most importantly, we seem to have defined a path of development for our young guys, and now with Wiggins' absence, another huge opportunity for Moody too. At the least, this will strongly benefit our group in the next season.

I like our current group, I think we are definitely a contender if a proper rotation is found and set. Too bad we took a lot of time to establish that, so in the end it feels like a lost season in a way.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#233 » by DonaldSanders » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:38 pm

Old_Blue wrote:

A bit different.

Steve moving Klay to the bench is a big positive sign. What we need is a new starter in Klay's old role; Podz should run the 2nd unit and play big minutes next year, but we need another guy to help Steph.

Right now I think we're more short on talent than anything Steve is doing wrong (although he has had a rough year), but if we're playing the young talent that could improve then I think Steve is doing the right thing. Earlier in the season it seemed like Steve was going to start Klay no matter what and that he didn't have faith in the younger guys.

Next year Steph will be 37 in the playoffs, Klay/Dray 35. Looking at those ages I hope Steve realizes we need the young players to grow, as this team really needs a talent infusion to compete. I think we have an effective group in general, but it's really missing at least one big impact player -- whether we develop that player or use one of them as a trade chip, we clearly need something to happen.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#234 » by Chupchup » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:34 pm

superunknown wrote:

even steven a. smith, I mean steven a. smith, basically called him out after that nonsense he said before:
Read on Twitter

I don't think it's a stretch to say KD was our best player in the finals. Steph was our most important player because our system is built around Steph and Steph will have his off game here and there. It shouldn't detract away from the greatness of either player.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#235 » by whatisacenter » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:57 pm

superunknown wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think Bob does a great job on TV. I liked him as GM as well.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#236 » by Bayside » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:03 am

Is it common, or just another Kerr special, to bury guys on the bench , then put them in as the starters after being misused, when a starter is absent? I got an emotional spot for that situation. Imagine if he had been playing this entire time then got to start. Think better results? Organized chaos or just a bit of a nutter.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:20 am

Bayside wrote:Is it common, or just another Kerr special, to bury guys on the bench , then put them in as the starters after being misused, when a starter is absent? I got an emotional spot for that situation. Imagine if he had been playing this entire time then got to start. Think better results? Organized chaos or just a bit of a nutter.

I think it's more of a Steve thing. He loves to solve absences by changing things as little as possible, and has been doing this for years. Sometimes he gets too cute, but I like it in this case. So glad we aren't going with Klay or CP3.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#238 » by Bayside » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:35 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
Bayside wrote:Is it common, or just another Kerr special, to bury guys on the bench , then put them in as the starters after being misused, when a starter is absent? I got an emotional spot for that situation. Imagine if he had been playing this entire time then got to start. Think better results? Organized chaos or just a bit of a nutter.

I think it's more of a Steve thing. He loves to solve absences by changing things as little as possible, and has been doing this for years. Sometimes he gets too cute, but I like it in this case. So glad we aren't going with Klay or CP3.

Yea he always has done it. In this case I am happy Moody gets minutes. But, same thing everyone repeats, really couldn't give him more minutes before putting someone in starting. I mean really guy gets so little time, then that. I think that is rough.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#239 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:20 am

UPDATE: If Steve can't figure out that Moses Moody needs to play consistent minutes, he is just insane. Moody continues to impress when given real chances.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 203

Post#240 » by BayAreaDub » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:51 am

Start the offseason thread and get ready for a decade of mediocracy

Return to Golden State Warriors