ImageImageImageImageImage

Biedrins-Harrington-Jackson-Ellis-Davis

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Biedrins-Harrington-Jackson-Ellis-Davis 

Post#1 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:12 am

Our starters form the 4th best 5 man combo in the league...
That's some prime real estate
http://www.nba.com/statistics/lenovo/le ... it=9&team=

Warriors might of won 80 if Nelson would of quickly developed POB and Be Right...Too bad...Our bench sucks donkey balls...Barnes is pretty good...MP's a trainwreck...Azubuike and Bakersfield were meant for each other..We need to build a higher wall for Our MBENGA...THud will go down as an all-time warrior great..Croshere could actually help...
Bubbaleo
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Bubbaleo » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:53 am

I find it almost as interesting that our second best line up has played so few minutes together. (Al-AB-Monta-BD- not Jax the savior but Barnes)

Seems like maybe we should run our closer to conventional lineups and we could be even better...
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#3 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:34 am

That second lineup is even faster than the first. That's a pure scoring lineup.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:11 am

Funniest part about is that that lineup has almost 300 minutes less than the ones around it... that's an astounding rate :o
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#5 » by BROWN » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:55 am

but our minutes are spread out.. 191 is the most on our team :S next is 85
scwarrior
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#6 » by scwarrior » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:06 am

I don't know why you are so negative, MP and Azubuike seem good off the bench. MP had a tough time with the facemask and seems to be playing better lately.

I'd really like to see Wright get more minutes, as I think he's quick enough to run but can also save us on the glass. We really need to develop another big man to go up against Utah or SA.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#7 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:32 pm

Buike and Pietrus have been extremely unreliable off the bench, especially Pietrus, who continues to make the same dumb mistakes.

Hudson and Croshere were supposed to supply vet experience off the bench. Hudson may never play again(a good thing in a lot of people minds) and Croshere has been banged up, but unreliable when he hasn't been hurt.

Barnes has been the most reliable off the bench, but again he has been very inconsistent, at times awful.

The problem with trying to get Wright and Marco minutes right now, is when do you play them or better yet, when can you afford to play them. If Nelson is having problems inserting guys with experience like Buike, Barnes and Pietrus into the framework of a game, imagine the problem adding rookie minutes to the mix.

I'm frustrated with Nellie in not giving minutes to the rookies, but I also just as frustrated that the Warriors have inconsistent help after Biedrins, Al, Baron, Ellis and Jack. Nelson is being forced to keep 4 of the 5 on the court at all times, which is wearing down Biedrins. Baron is able to play a lot of SG, so he gets some reprieve from having to handle to ball all the time. It's a good thing that Jack and especially Ellis run the point a lot.
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#8 » by DIO » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:20 pm

I count W/L according to starting five.

except first 7game...(1-6)

Baron-Monta-Jack-Al-Biedrins 9-2 !!!

other (total 9-6)

Baron-Azu-Jack-Al-Biedrins 4-0
Baron-Monta-Jack-Barnes-Al 3-1
Baron-Monta-Jack-Barnes-Biedrins 1-2
Baron-Monta-Jack-Pietrus-Biedrins 1-0
Baron-Azu-Jack-Pietrus-Biedrins 0-1
Baron-Azu-Jack-Barnes-Al 0-1
Baron-Monta-Jack-Al-Pietrus 0-1

hey Nelly, watch this!
And please stop changing our best starting five!!
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#9 » by DIO » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:21 pm

I also count point average in 1stQ

Our best...(Baron-Monta-Jack-Al-Biedrins)

Own 28.5 Opp 24.9 Dif +3.6

other...

Own 27.1 Opp 29.9 Dif -2.8

very plainly.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#10 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:31 pm

Everytime Nellie breaks up the Baron-Monta-Jack-Al-Biedrins starting lineup on the road we seem to have a let down.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#11 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:13 pm

I didn't see the Mavs game. I do note that when Biedrins was in we did ok, though. From the box score it looks like Nellie put Beans in whenever Damp was in. I say put him in as much as you can, and use him on offense a lot when Damp is out.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#12 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:19 pm

floppymoose wrote:I didn't see the Mavs game. I do note that when Biedrins was in we did ok, though. From the box score it looks like Nellie put Beans in whenever Damp was in. I say put him in as much as you can, and use him on offense a lot when Damp is out.

He only shot 5-6 (close to 90%) but that's right I almost forgot, he sucks on offense. I wonder what he would shoot if he got 10-12 shots per game? Is that too much to ask? I guess so with Nellie.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#13 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:52 pm

I know Nellie's stunting AB15's growth...The scary thing for me is, even if Nellie retires after this season, Smart will be so brainwashed that our talented young bigs that will still be on the roster, will all be neglected through the Smart era.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#14 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:17 pm

Wait.. we don't know what POB can do because he hasn't gotten a chance, but we do know what Smart will do?

Does this mean that Montgomery brainwashed him too? That would be bad.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#15 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:55 pm

floppymoose wrote:Wait.. we don't know what POB can do because he hasn't gotten a chance, but we do know what Smart will do?

Keith Dumb froze POB out in Vegas this summer....He's already completely brainwashed.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#16 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:54 pm

I dunno.. judging Smart by one summer league game seems like judging Belinelli by one summer league game.

Do you really trust summer league guards to do what an assistant coach tells them to do?

And even if Smart's coaching WAS what they did, wasn't it his job to execute Nellie's vision out there, rather than his own?

I have no idea what kind of a coach he would be. I guess we could dig up tapes of the Cavalier games he coached, but he was a lame duck then with no training camp, so even that isn't much to go on.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#17 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:56 pm

I really dont' know much about Smart...Mostly I just like to draw quick conclusions and then get reactions out of people...I do know that he didnt oreder the player to dump the ball in to the big man during the SL games..I didnt like that at all.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#18 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:22 pm

LF75 wrote:I really dont' know much about Smart...Mostly I just like to draw quick conclusions and then get reactions out of people...I do know that he didnt oreder the player to dump the ball in to the big man during the SL games..I didnt like that at all.

Smart works for Nelson and most likely was doing what he thought Nellie wanted. Nobody knew this at the time but it appears that there was a concerted effort (and still is) to keep POB from getting any real opportunities since Nellie had already decided that POB was not part of his plans. It's unfortunate but appears that Mullin apparently went along with it and just wrote him off since most of us believe he has the kind of skills which could have helped the club. Oh well. at least we're doing pretty good so far considering, although we could probablyu be doing better if he played POB, Wright and kept Lasme. Such is life.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#19 » by floppymoose » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:15 am

LF75 wrote:Mostly I just like to draw quick conclusions and then get reactions out of people

:lol:
uteptwostep
Lead Assistant
And1: 56

Post#20 » by uteptwostep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:08 am

LF75 wrote:Mostly I just like to draw quick conclusions and then get reactions out of people.

The reactions would be a lot less amusing if more people figured this out. Are you sure you want to tip them off? :wink:

Return to Golden State Warriors