ImageImageImageImageImage

Dirk Molesters in Dirkallas 5:30PM 1/2...08? FSN

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

gswlego
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#281 » by gswlego » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:13 am

shucknjive wrote:Look, this is one game, not the end of the world----but for those blowing off this poor performane, this might sober ya up--

So far this season, we are 4-7 vs. Western Conference teams over .500

think we'll go deep in the playoffs?

In our 4 wins thereof, we beat a Duncan-less Spurs.

Our record is misleading for more reasons than Jax's early absence---we're just not that great of a club. A fun, exciting club? Yes. But we're nowhere near elite status.

The truth is that we are one POB or BW away from greatness. Scratch that. We are one Mbenga and Pietrus away from greatness.
gswwhoops!
Senior
And1: 0

Post#282 » by gswwhoops! » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:20 am

No one said they were a great team. Their record is what it should be. They're beating teams they are supposed to beat. Sometimes they'll steal a victory here and there but overall its reasonable. In years past, they'll win a couple of games in upset fashion and then lose a ton where you'd think they had great chances of winning. This team is likely 7th or 8th in the west.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#283 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:24 am

Here the "strategic" thought that keeps me up nights.
1) Our primary 5 are the #2 unit in the NBA right?
2) We also know how bad our bench is.
3) We also know from experience that those 5 function on emotion and CHEMISTRY more so than any of the other premier (and more professional) elite units out there?
4) Everyone on the team is concerned about these "slow starts"

So why the f :censored: does Nellie keep messing with the starting unit and screwing with the chemistry? We don't have to use quirk units to cause matchup problems. Our most traditional starting 5 creates matchup problems for everyone in the league.

Quit tinkering Nellie and just put your best five.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#284 » by shucknjive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:27 am

gswwhoops! wrote:No one said they were a great team. Their record is what it should be. They're beating teams they are supposed to beat. Sometimes they'll steal a victory here and there but overall its reasonable. In years past, they'll win a couple of games in upset fashion and then lose a ton where you'd think they had great chances of winning. This team is likely 7th or 8th in the west.

I'm sorry--I guess I was just hoping for improvement from last year----y'know, the kind that comes from maybe utilizing our recent high draft picks a little more, like most normal teams do?

And the 8th seed will be lucky this year if Portland keeps playing this way. While Houston's pretty much a mess, the Lakers and NO aren't going anywhere.

Don't mean to pi$$ on the parade---but I see tonight as a lost opportunity to continue mindf**ing Dallas while we have a healthy Baron. His stupid idiot chucking and TO's early in the 4th cost us any chance in the game.

Stars bring their A-games to Big Games--now you wanna tell me this wasn't a big game or Baron's not a star?
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#285 » by old rem » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:43 am

gswlego wrote:It's brutal watching both Mbenga and Pietrus play. I prefer watching 1.POB 2.Wright and 3.Beli making mistakes out there on the court, rather than watching Mbenga and Pietrus doing nothing to help the team. Even worse, both of they harm the team more than anything.

Personally....I'm all for ALL the bench guys getting as much play as possible if they are at that phase where playing time = progress. Who know which guy is the edge when we need that W to stay alive in the p[layoffs. If a GSW player getting a few minutes now makes him just a tiny bit better....that's a decent consolation.

Sad..but true....an end game like this does NOT give a player a whole lot of useful experiance. Nellie does not give a flyin' Fooook about rookies and "The Future" ...which to him is lazy days drinkin'Scotch-playin golf on the islands.
CENSORED... No comment.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#286 » by mistatwo mayn » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:45 am

If your looking at this game as a big deal.... well then... it's not. It was just a bad performance. Shots weren't falling... oh well.

You could have said Warriors have the 5th best record against the conference, where 4 of the losses came with Jackson out.

That would have been acceptable =P
old rem
RealGM

Post#287 » by old rem » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:45 am

shucknjive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm sorry--I guess I was just hoping for improvement from last year----y'know, the kind that comes from maybe utilizing our recent high draft picks a little more, like most normal teams do?

And the 8th seed will be lucky this year if Portland keeps playing this way. While Houston's pretty much a mess, the Lakers and NO aren't going anywhere.

Don't mean to pi$$ on the parade---but I see tonight as a lost opportunity to continue mindf**ing Dallas while we have a healthy Baron. His stupid idiot chucking and TO's early in the 4th cost us any chance in the game.

Stars bring their A-games to Big Games--now you wanna tell me this wasn't a big game or Baron's not a star?
:nod:

Not what I'd have said-exactly..but a lot of what I felt.

this is a 7-8 seed team that EASILY can be a 5-6 team. Yeah...if we still had Monty we'd be #10,or maybe 9,not #7 but If I could just electroshock Nellie and get him to do NORMAL stuff when it's to our advantage......there would be your basic quantum leap. I LIKE WEIRD stuff wehen it gives us the odds....Weird for it's own sake.....jeeez,we are saturated with that.

Music...Art...Basketball.....Seen Weird..thanks..show me what WORKS.
Nellie has about 75% figured-in his unconventional way- what works. However....he's SO dedicated to his "Style" ,his trademark tactics.....he limits his tactical options,wastes good tools and gets predictable. A Fresh/unconventional Strategy is powerful when it INCLUDES the element of surprise.

There's no surprise anymore. EVERYONE knows what we tend to do.

We execute better...but teams counter better. We have 6-7 guys in the mix who have made a few refinements but the other half of the roster has been---in effect--told,you guys are SCRUBS, you are NOT essential and can be replaced by whoever we select at random. :banghead: Ummmm,
We might want to imply that the bottom 7 are more than a burden on the laundery bill. We MIGHT want the words, In the 2008 draft,Golden State selects......to NOT make some young player feel like he's been run over by a Muni bus.

I'm semi bothered that if we have a PG injury....we are toast. I'm as concerned (you may have heard) that we concede a 10 rbd edge rebounding and count on smallish guards as our offensive threat in the paint.

We have the NBA's best FG % guy. We have the FG% leader from the NCAA last year. Efficiency? Forget that. Our "pose" is the Little Engine That Could. We would rather be the lucky underdog than a top 5 seed.

Priorities???? 8)

Nellie...wants to show that he is the only coach that gets it.
Cohen wanted to FINALLY justify his investment by winning half the time...but after a financial setback..priorities shifted.
Mullin....caught in the Middle....has to appease both and is not confident he has ANY vision or strategy.

The players? Half have been in the mix and do what they can. The other half....the message is that they are expendable. Maybe they lat till seasons end...some might return if neither side gets a better option. There's yer team morale.... :scatter:
I'd like to have the WHOLE roster to think they are a part.

That's somewhere in a future reality. Dammit.
CENSORED... No comment.
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#288 » by -bob- » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:57 am

our big minute guys had nothing for us, maybe it had something to do with this being the 3rd road game in 4 nights? Dallas had 3 games off in between home games, no surprise they had their A-game.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#289 » by mistatwo mayn » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:06 am

well... you can watch Iron Eagle in espanol right now if you'd like?

Bob- We didn't work Biedrins much (agreed).

I really thought if Baron played well tonite we'd been using too much magic dust. He came thru on Houston and Denver... I figured going for 3 str8 performances might of been too many
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#290 » by crzy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:07 am

We're not going to win too many games when Baron plays that poorly. Oh well.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#291 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:09 am

The Warriors beat Dallas by scrambling on D, disrupting Dallas's offense, forcing turnovers and turning Dallas turnovers into fast break points.

It all starts with scrambling on defense. The Warriors just were not into this game enough to play the kind of defense that messes Dallas up.
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#292 » by djdamon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:37 am

we couldn't stop their penetration
we couldn't score to start the 4th quarter

game over

:cry:
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#293 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:43 am

djdamon wrote:we couldn't stop their penetration
we couldn't score to start the 4th quarter

game over

:cry:

Strangest thing-- no penetration when Mbenga and O'Bryant were in together and Belinelli was (way the he**) off the ball on defense.

And there were even a few decent Mavs on the floor at the time.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#294 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:45 am

Not too bad for three quarters score-wise and Dallas looked close to coughing it up more than once.

But that fourth was just pathetic by the time Nelson was playing rooks.
old rem
RealGM

Post#295 » by old rem » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:48 am

-bob- wrote:our big minute guys had nothing for us, maybe it had something to do with this being the 3rd road game in 4 nights? Dallas had 3 games off in between home games, no surprise they had their A-game.

You hang your dream on 2-3 guys always playing above their norm? No way that's a winner over time.
I was bent when nellie focused on 8 guys...so him focused on 4 guys.... :noway:
CENSORED... No comment.
Mayor Baron
Junior
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#296 » by Mayor Baron » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:59 am

after tonight's game... i am pessimistic about us being anything better than a 6th seed in the West... we just couldn't play 48 min with a better team.

was jrich a factor in our success against dallas last year? So far we are 0-2 (first game without jack can be debated) also...why are we not swarming dirk and double teaming him like last year's playoffs? this was just one of those "wtf" games...
old rem
RealGM

Post#297 » by old rem » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:02 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:The Warriors beat Dallas by scrambling on D, disrupting Dallas's offense, forcing turnovers and turning Dallas turnovers into fast break points.

It all starts with scrambling on defense. The Warriors just were not into this game enough to play the kind of defense that messes Dallas up.

Yeah....and I STILL maintain that if Tempo is our key thing.....we do not rely on 2-3 guys to have max energy for 40+ minutes.

Sure....sometimes you win playing the best 5-6 guys as much as possible. Anyone knows you can't go that path a whole season + playoffs.

When and If.... Nellie blends HIS core concept......with MY core concept.....the Warriors are at least a borerline contender. Okay...I invented Nuthin', but I'm just advocating the obvious. Nellie's PACE is fine...unless he's delusional enough to think he wins running a THIN roster into the ground and-further-being TOTALLY F----'d if anyone gets injured. Suppose Biedrins gets hurt-is out 3 weeks.....or Baron...Harrington.
CENSORED... No comment.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#298 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:09 am

shucknjive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Umm...Dude....we are 19-14 after the third toughest schedule in the NBA for those games played.....We just beat Denver in Denver...not having done so since 03....just beat the Lakers not having done that in many 'a games.... We have a winning road record....almost already matching our entire road total from last year in one third of the season.

We just played a crap game against a very good team...and lost. So what.

It's almost like three wins in a row is a fluke and one bad game is proof that we suck?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
old rem
RealGM

Post#299 » by old rem » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:11 am

ROWELL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Strangest thing-- no penetration when Mbenga and O'Bryant were in together and Belinelli was (way the he**) off the ball on defense.

And there were even a few decent Mavs on the floor at the time.

True...Banger..Cheesecake..Be Right..can play,are assets,but in his senior moments...Nellie may forget that the future extends beyond the next 3 min.

The wrap on this Nellie era........we get a nice core and a team identity (unless Mully has some impulse to trade off a large % of that core...)
We suffer with frustrations hard to figure and we blow opportunities.....but are at last above the waterline. :bowdown: It could be worse.
CENSORED... No comment.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#300 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:13 am

[quote="old rem"][/quote]

I still maintain that if you have a crap game from your two leaders....then you aren't likely to win.

By the way....I'm seeing a trend with Monta that is making me think of his limitations.....If it's a half court offense against a decent defensive team...i.e., any team we might face in the playoffs....he starts to turn the ball over and can't get the space he needs to be effective offensively.....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors