ImageImageImageImageImage

How big of a pay check is Pietrus looking for?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

How big of a pay check is Pietrus looking for? 

Post#1 » by wiff » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:43 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Pietrus have to be moved in a sign and trade? And how much money is he looking for?

Seattle could be willing to move Wilcox.

Wilcox and Wilkins or the Sonics early 2nd rounder for Pietrus and Belinelli

Any interest?
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#2 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:48 pm

You want Pietrus, you can get him (he's signed just for this year). He would just have to agree to go to Seattle (he'd be willing to go if he knew he was going to get more playing time over there) but forget about Belinelli (we're still pretty high on him). Don't know how bad you'd want move Wilcox but if do, I would think something could be worked out. The only thing we don't like about him is his contract which could cause us problems with some of our projected resignings next year. Other than that, we could definitely use him with our lack of size.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#3 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:53 pm

You just gave me a total boner.

. . . and I don't even like Wilcox that much. Pietrus seems to want minutes more than money, but if you're willing to give him both them maybe a deal could be put together. We probably have to give you Costa or the expiring Obee to get within striking distance salary wise.

I would REALLY love this deal if we can bring Delonte or Watson back instead of Wilkins. Belli may end up having to play some PG here given our roster limtations, so if we're trading him with Pie, then we really do need a PG back in the deal.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
crzy
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#4 » by crzy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:01 pm

I pull the trigger on that Belinelli deal immediately, no hesitation. I like Marco, but Wilcox is exactly what the Warriors need.

As for the money that Pietrus is demanding. Obviously he wants to be paid a multi-million contract. But I wouldn't worry too much about that, since his production hasn't been spectacular.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by crzy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:03 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:You just gave me a total boner.

. . . and I don't even like Wilcox that much. Pietrus seems to want minutes more than money, but if you're willing to give him both them maybe a deal could be put together. We probably have to give you Costa or the expiring Obee to get within striking distance salary wise.

I would REALLY love this deal if we can bring Delonte or Watson back instead of Wilkins. Belli may end up having to play some PG here given our roster limtations, so if we're trading him with Pie, then we really do need a PG back in the deal.

Watson would be great from a chemistry standpoint with the UCLA connection with Barnes/Baron. However, we'd never take on his contract.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#6 » by wiff » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:06 pm

Well here's the deal that works with the CBA if Pietrus agrees.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2506~2173&teams=9~25&te=1731:9-1018~3190:25-469&cash=

Sonics don't want to give up Delonte and yes they want Belinelli also.

A young athletic starting PF and a 6th man for a disgruntled wing player and a guy who is sitting on the bench is more than adequate. If you don't like it cool I can understand you not wanting to let go of a guy who you think might develop but that's the offer.

Not trying to be a jerk but I don't think Seattle is giving up Wilcox for simply Pietrus and expirings.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Chris Cohan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:12 pm

Seattle may move Wilcox and expiring contracts is what it will take but, you are correct that it will also require more. Contenders can afford to add draft picks for two years of a very affordable player with a lot to offer (especially under a strong coach-- he's a pain in the a$$) and that's precicely what sam Presti is looking to get for him if and when they move him.

Their interest in Pietrus would not extend beyond his contractual status and his minutes would not increase there.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#8 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:14 pm

A lot of salary to be taking back.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by crzy » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:18 pm

turk3d wrote:A lot of salary to be taking back.

But Wilcox's production is worth his salary.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#10 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:22 pm

crzyyafrican wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But Wilcox's production is worth his salary.
Is it worth it enough to lose Monta or Biedrins? He's almost 7 Million coming back next season. Furthermore, how much would Nellie play a big guy who rebounds but doesn't shoot treys? I'd be pretty worried about that. On a normal team, he'd be a nice pickup. As much as I like him, and would like to see him play for us, I just don't think he'd fit for us as long as Nellie's around.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#11 » by St.Nick » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:29 pm

I'd prefer trading Pietrus, Hudson, and a top-10 protected 1st for Wilcox.

I don't think the Warriors want to take on more salary with Wilkins, Watson, or having to extend Delonte West next summer.

The Sonics would be clearing some salary and picking up a draft pick in exchange for Wilcox, who is taking minutes over younger guys like Jeff Green and Nick Collison. With this deal Seattle gets to a $47M cap figure before draft picks and rookie deal extensions (likely just Delonte). They could well be a player in the FA market with this deal.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#12 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:33 pm

St.Nick wrote:I'd prefer trading Pietrus, Hudson, and a top-10 protected 1st for Wilcox.

I don't think the Warriors want to take on more salary with Wilkins, Watson, or having to extend Delonte West next summer.

The Sonics would be clearing some salary and picking up a draft pick in exchange for Wilcox, who is taking minutes over younger guys like Jeff Green and Nick Collison. With this deal Seattle gets to a $47M cap figure before draft picks and rookie deal extensions (likely just Delonte). They could well be a player in the FA market with this deal.

You just don't want to give up Belli.

:naaa:
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#13 » by Chris Cohan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:41 pm

St.Nick wrote:I'd prefer trading Pietrus, Hudson, and a top-10 protected 1st for Wilcox.

The Sonics are in the driver's seat and don't really even care about this coming offseason. There are no great point guards on the market from anywhere but U Memphis and they're not investing in girth like Brand. It's the following offseason they're preparing for most and I think you're absolutely right about them looking for any and all ways to clear out any millions they can between now and then. So this is probably a good year to try a Wilcox move at the deadline BUT I think it might be an even better year to work out something interesting on draft day.

Presti's plan has become sort of common knowledge: stockpile draft picks, trust the braintrust's considerably superior scouting experience and knowledge (despite his youth, Presti was part of the heartbeat of the best international scouting operation in all of professional basketball with the Spurs), and clear salary at the optimum moment if possible. But don't panic about paying a little too much for not enough next season because a lot expires then, too.

They'd move Ridnour-Watson if they could. We'll see. But Wilcox is their best trade chip for what they're trying to do. And, as you correctly identify, they'll keep their expirings around this year. Thomas is likely to stay put unless another team makes a panic offer too good to pass up. We'll see. He can do better than the Warriors' expirings for Wilcox and Mullin is not looking to deal draft picks. Even though the organization clearly does not value them.
BayArea_Warriors
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by BayArea_Warriors » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:52 pm

I'd give up Belli and Pietrus for Wilcox. We don't need Wilkens. To make things match we'll include Kosta Perovic or a pick. Monta at the minimum is worth the MLE, at max he's 7-8mil no more. He's a no-show for a lot of the games and is a defensive liability at the 2. He can't play the point, he's a tweener. Biedrins at max is worth a Chandler type deal, 5 years at 55mil. We should be able to resign them if Wilcox is traded here. We are way to high on our young guns. We sure as heck can use a guy like Wilcox NOW. Wilcox is an expiring next year as well at 6.5 mil. I wouldn't mind seeing the following lineup:

Baron
Jack
Al
Wilcox
Biedrins

That's a helluva lineup, but not for Nellie ball of course. We can post anyone at any of the positions, we can exploit mismatches at almost every position every game. The lineup also wouldn't allow our greatest weakness in giving up second chance points to be exploited anymore. This team needs guys that can board, plain and simple as the 2nd chance points kills us night in and night out. It's a pipe dream, even if we did land Wilcox for the aforementioned players Nellie would never use that lineup.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#15 » by St.Nick » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:41 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You just don't want to give up Belli.

:naaa:

That too :oops:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#16 » by floppymoose » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:46 pm

-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#17 » by -bob- » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:16 pm

he's a MLE type player, thats why he doesn't care about Bird rights, any team can give him the MLE.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#18 » by St.Nick » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:42 pm

Nice one Floppy. :D
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#19 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:38 pm

-bob- wrote:he's a MLE type player, thats why he doesn't care about Bird rights, any team can give him the MLE.

That is what he wanted, but no team was willing to pony up or had the full MLE to give him. I don't think he is worth MLE type money.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#20 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:50 pm

He's not an NBA level talent...He's not even a FIBA Euro championships level talent.

Return to Golden State Warriors