ImageImageImageImageImage

Be Right at 210

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Be Right at 210 

Post#1 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:40 pm

Good article on Brandan and Marco Belinelli.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6789
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Re: Be Right at 210 

Post#2 » by Souvlaki » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:44 pm

LF75 wrote:Good article on Brandan and Marco Belinelli.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6789

I thought Wright looked pretty good out there and contributed nicely. Why he didn't get more than 6 minutes is a mystery.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:45 pm

Vinnie Del Nelli... pfft.

Good stuff to hear about Wright though... 10 lbs of weight, impressing Nellie in practice... I'm getting cautiously optimistic :D
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#4 » by floppymoose » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:09 pm

Hey, Vinnie D was a very decent 6th man in his prime. Don't knock my Wolfpack!
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by St.Nick » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:49 pm

Like the article says and like I've said all along...they are young and have no experience on this level, but both have good size, a nice base of skills, and they seem to be mature for their age and their situation.

Be patient. They're rookies for God's sake.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Re: Be Right at 210 

Post#6 » by mistatwo mayn » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:24 am

Souvlaki wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I thought Wright looked pretty good out there and contributed nicely. Why he didn't get more than 6 minutes is a mystery.

Nellie said he played fine... but he was just coaching the score
gswloyalist
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#7 » by gswloyalist » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:29 am

In the article Belinelli mentions going out to eat with Baron. Does anyone know which restaurants these guys go to?
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#8 » by Hopper15 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:35 am

Brandan is the Anti-Mayo. You want the guy to succeed so bad because he seems like such a great kid.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#9 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:36 am

gswloyalist wrote:In the article Belinelli mentions going out to eat with Baron. Does anyone know which restaurants these guys go to?
Khoee has all the info on the W's dining habits...Ask him in August.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#10 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:38 am

Beli Book it.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#11 » by Hopper15 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:38 am

Baron's taco joint on Mission?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#12 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:40 am

Wright has taken that lesson to heart and is truly learning on a daily basis, improving however he can and keeping his eye on the long-term. "I can't rush myself," he remarked. "I just have to work as hard as I can. It's not going to happen overnight; obviously, this is going to be a big summer coming up for me after this season, even though it's a long ways away. But after your first shot, you know what to expect your next year and you're probably more prepared."

For Marco Belinelli, there haven't been as many frustrations with the lack of playing time as you'd expect. "For me, I know that I want to play, but I have to wait for my moment," he said. "Everyday, I have to work, but I'm very happy because I'm in the NBA and it's the best thing in the world and I like to be here to work and be on this team because it's very great."

Seems like there's not much impatience with the coach or rooks... just with realgm posters.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#13 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:44 am

jrhester wrote:
Wright has taken that lesson to heart and is truly learning on a daily basis, improving however he can and keeping his eye on the long-term. "I can't rush myself," he remarked. "I just have to work as hard as I can. It's not going to happen overnight; obviously, this is going to be a big summer coming up for me after this season, even though it's a long ways away. But after your first shot, you know what to expect your next year and you're probably more prepared."

For Marco Belinelli, there haven't been as many frustrations with the lack of playing time as you'd expect. "For me, I know that I want to play, but I have to wait for my moment," he said. "Everyday, I have to work, but I'm very happy because I'm in the NBA and it's the best thing in the world and I like to be here to work and be on this team because it's very great."

Seems like there's not much impatience with the coach or rooks... just with realgm posters.

This is the season for the interest pieces (like Azubuike on ABC yesterday), especially as teams start making midseason adjustments.

According to an Italian news article a month or two ago, Kobe gave Belinelli his cell number and Beli eats in Little Italy in North Beach-- two totally frivolous details that probably were true for one day and were planted by PR for the article.

Clearly, Belinelli will be traded to LA for Crittenton.
Squash
Junior
And1: 0

Post#14 » by Squash » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:56 am

It would be hard to dislike Bellinelli from that article, lols.
Jeff Van Gundy:
That's some soft fans.

Return to Golden State Warriors