ImageImageImageImageImage

J. RICH up date

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#41 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:31 am

J-Rich's line today:

38 pts, 16-25 fg, 6-10 3pt, 14 rebounds (must be a career high), 4 assists, 3 blocks and 1 turnover (this may be the most amazing stat of them all)

Sounds like this may have been the best game of his career.

Definitely sounds Jordanlike (maybe the Charlotte fan was right although this was against the Grizzlies). I'm happy for him and I'm happy for us.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#42 » by floppymoose » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:54 am

After a lousy +- through the first third of the season, his recent offensive explosion has got it up to even. If he keeps going he'll be well into positive territory by season's end.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#43 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:24 pm

turk3d wrote:J-Rich's line today:

1 turnover (this may be the most amazing stat of them all)

O FT attempts...That may have been the greatest non-FT NBA performance of all time
enderboy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#44 » by enderboy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:35 pm

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

O FT attempts...That may have been the greatest non-FT NBA performance of all time

i thought the same thing. not surprised though. he's had games like this before. he knows him limits & taking the ball to the rim on his own dribble is one of them. looking at the box score, charlotte played some small ball - wonder how much of that they'll stick with in charlotte.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#45 » by BigSlam » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:40 pm

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In Nov that would have been a good thing because he was shooting a horrible 58% from the line but in Dec he upped it to 70% and in Jan through 11 games he converting on 85% from the line.

MJ has taken him under his wing and it's paying off big time. He and Crash are really getting to know each other and JSwish is more and more comfortable. He knows when to take a game over and he knows when to involve others. His bbiq is much higher than I had given him credit for.

Plus you can put the lack of FT's down to playing for the Bobcats too. He drives a lot, gets hacked a lot and there are often no calls.
B B M F 'ers
enderboy
Analyst

Post#46 » by enderboy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:54 pm

^ really? "a lot?" i'll take your word for it, i guess. the refs have to swallow the whistle a ton for him to only be taking 3ft/gm. i don't doubt that mj's been helpful to him, but it really seems that jrich will make the rest of his career out of accentuating his positives (which will never include getting to line or locking down on d). he's become a very good perimeter shooter & has a nice post game. he's turned into a decent passer & could always rebound his position. he'll be a consistent scorer, but he just doesn't have the skill set to take over a game consistently.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#47 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:01 pm

I haven't seen JRich consistently threaten the rim since his rookie year... he used to love half-driving and settling for a midrange jumper, or a contested fadeaway (which he can consistently hit, too :o)
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#48 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 pm

14 boards for a 2 guard (plus 38 points)? That's phenomenal. Sounds like he's got his hops back, that's for sure. I'm still happy we made that deal though. Good for us (in the long run) and good for him. Nice when a deal works for both parties. I'm not sure whether we'd have a better or worse record right now with him still on the team. One thing for sure, Ellis would never have developed to the extent he has thus far. That probably goes for Bukie as well.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#49 » by cdubbz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:40 pm

I knew jrich was going to get traded this summer, but i really wanted to see him and baron for one more year. It really was a stud line-up for big gaurds. Yeah in the long run his contract would have done us no good and ellis gets to play a whole lot more. We probably have a better rotation this way too...but i just loved the baron, jrich, jackson lineup.

Baron
Jrich
Jackson
Harrington
Biedrins
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#50 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 pm

cdubbz wrote:I knew jrich was going to get traded this summer, but i really wanted to see him and baron for one more year. It really was a stud line-up for big gaurds. Yeah in the long run his contract would have done us no good and ellis gets to play a whole lot more. We probably have a better rotation this way too...but i just loved the baron, jrich, jackson lineup.

Baron
Jrich
Jackson
Harrington
Biedrins

I wanted to see at least half a season of that (healthy.) Those parts, with Monta as the 6man for either guard position could have added up to a lot more than the individual parts when you obsessively pick them apart. Not elite doesn't = can't win. No one on the Pistons championship team was an elite player.

But all that aside, I'm postitive on Wright anyway. He's long and quick, and those are my baseline requirements for a young player. I also see him showing good instincts without the ball, and he looks like he will be a rebound magnet. It would be encouraging if he were trending toward Nellie's historical average of 12 - 15 mpg for a competent rookie big (Gatling, Vic, Tyronne.) It concerns me that with all our length issues, he hasn't sold Nellie on getting as much rookie time as Tyronne Hill.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#51 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 am

I don't think the Warriors are better now without Jason... The bench is thinner....Bukie hasn't become the player some of us had hoped for. He's a bit slow and deliberate....but HAS helped at times.

With Marco getting virtually no minutes....Bukie being so-so...and Brandon not geting any time to contribute, Jason in the short term has not been replaced....

Of coure the longer term impact financially is critical...and the Warriors appear to be in a better place to make deals now then before.

Glad Jason is doing well....Warriors would probably be a few games better with him here...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
sanddude909
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by sanddude909 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 am

So, has Bowens (the resident anti-Richardson Bobcat poster) been sold on JRich during this streak in spite of the fact that Richardson isn't a lockdown defensive 2??

BigSlam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In Nov that would have been a good thing because he was shooting a horrible 58% from the line but in Dec he upped it to 70% and in Jan through 11 games he converting on 85% from the line.

MJ has taken him under his wing and it's paying off big time. He and Crash are really getting to know each other and JSwish is more and more comfortable. He knows when to take a game over and he knows when to involve others. His bbiq is much higher than I had given him credit for.

Plus you can put the lack of FT's down to playing for the Bobcats too. He drives a lot, gets hacked a lot and there are often no calls.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#53 » by mistatwo mayn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:46 am

Baron knew of the Jrich deal in the summer (he spoke of upcoming changes to the team)... but I think it would have been more benificial to trade Jrich THIS SEASON instead.

It would have limited Monta a lil bit and allowed for a smaller salary on his end.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:33 am

JRich is an easy guy to love when his shots are falling...

He's definitely becoming a smarter offensive player, and I can say that without even watching a Cats game...

His FG% has improved and FGA has gone up as the FG% goes up.... the 3P% has gone down, but the ratio of FGA:3PA is better... he might just be a #1 option yet.
mudnug
Freshman

Post#55 » by mudnug » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:46 am

J-Rich seems to be playing better when going a small ball lineup of JM/Felton/J-Rich/Wallace/Okafor. Maybe he's more of a true "3" than a "2"
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:47 am

mudnug wrote:J-Rich seems to be playing better when going a small ball lineup of JM/Felton/J-Rich/Wallace/Okafor. Maybe he's more of a true "3" than a "2"

Smallball = wins...

Tell everyone this... we may have a shot yet :nod:

Return to Golden State Warriors