ImageImageImageImageImage

Twist yo fingers! Golden State in Duckland... 7:00PM FSN 1/9

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#401 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Nelson has a stubborn streak when it comes to his believe that small ball is always better.....

Last night Aldridge was torching Jackson....Portland was killing us on the offensive glass. So what does Nelson do? He subs out AB for Harrington....ahemmm.

And why again do we have yet another lineup change? Azubuik plays well from the bench....why start him? To me it's just Nelson letting everyone know he's doing something....that HE is the genious.

Someone mentioned foxhole....well....why on earth should the Warriors players be forced every game to bang against players several inches and 20 lbs bigger than them?

I think the lineup for this team should be

Baron
Jackson
Harrington
BWright
AB

Monta ....who really hasn't done much lately...should come off the bench....Pietrus should be traded for someone that recognizes that a fade three pointer is not the coolest shot in the world.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#402 » by BROWN » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Harrington plays well as a starter and as a 6th man.
We should have BWRIGHT and Beans as our PF/C Starters.

Baron Ellis and Jack in the backcourt.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#403 » by Souvlaki » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:19 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
I think the lineup for this team should be

Baron
Jackson
Harrington
BWright
AB

Monta ....who really hasn't done much lately...should come off the bench....Pietrus should be traded for someone that recognizes that a fade three pointer is not the coolest shot in the world.

Agree 100%. An actually large lineup. Beautiful. They can still get out and run if the opportunity is there. It's not like they've been running that much lately anyway.

Monta off the bench for energy is what we've been needing for some time.
Souvlaki
Head Coach

Post#404 » by Souvlaki » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Although I have to say, Jackson and Baron are going to have to cut back on the selfish me against the world plays. That just kills our chemistry and offensive ball movement. Players get into a mode where they're just waiting for one of them to go one on five each time down.

It was really nice to see Nelson yank them both, but a minute or two after I would've. Horrible.
shucknjive
Starter

Post#405 » by shucknjive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:29 pm

Souvlaki wrote:Although I have to say, Jackson and Baron are going to have to cut back on the selfish me against the world plays. That just kills our chemistry and offensive ball movement. Players get into a mode where they're just waiting for one of them to go one on five each time down.

It was really nice to see Nelson yank them both, but a minute or two after I would've. Horrible.

Agreed. It's disturbing how crappy Jax's been in general during the last 5 games....even though his pt. production may not be terrible, his tendency for TO's, poorer defence and overall attitude (yelling at refs instead of getting back on D) have been obvious. I'm not saying trade Jax....I'm just pointing out how weak we can be when both Jax and Monta are sucking....it amazes me how stubborn Nellie is, when he can simply go bigger during their periods of suckiness.
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#406 » by warriortone » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:52 pm

ajbry where did you get that picture?

Sometimes, I think it's refreshing to get railroaded by a team like that. Especially the Blazers because I don't hate them yet. Games like this show us just how far we have to go as a team. Portland is scary right now.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
ajbry
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#407 » by ajbry » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:07 pm

warriortone wrote:ajbry where did you get that picture?

Sometimes, I think it's refreshing to get railroaded by a team like that. Especially the Blazers because I don't hate them yet. Games like this show us just how far we have to go as a team. Portland is scary right now.

Somebody showed it to me, and then I saw it on drunkathlete.com.

I still don't really buy into the team itself being off. There are two players who dictate every single game - the energy level, the shotmaking, the unselfishness, and the defense. If they don't do it, count on a loss.

I'm not concerned about the dynamic duo though. Jack has never been an early-to-mid season player and statistically he's going to come back around soon. Boom is going to tear up opposing PGs after he gets rejected from the ASG.

The one thing that does concern me is Nellie's lack of confidence in the person leading the NBA in FG%. If he keeps playing games with him and throws lineups with Al at C and MP at PF out there, this team won't be running at peak efficiency.

Starting lineup needs to be: Biedrins / Harrington / Jackson / Azubuike / Davis.

Bring Monta off the bench because his scoring can be initiated a lot quicker than Kelenna's. Give Wright some more burn and get Jack and Baron back to 36-37 MPG. Watson should be at the very least a stop-gap solution at backup PG. Hopefully he'll prove to be as solid as he looked last night and worthy of some minutes.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#408 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Jack just wants to chuck early in games. He needs to mix it up a little and starting driving to the basket more.

But what I'm more worried about is all these slow starts we've been having lately. The best way to start a game is to get easy buckets, not settle for outside shots like we do. Which is why we need to involve Biedrins more often at the start of game using the pick and roll. Take some notes from Portland, the first few possessions they had they pounded the ball inside.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#409 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:48 pm

[quote="ajbry"][/quote]

Hate to break it to you but Jackson is putting up his best year ever so far. His shooting percentages are bad but not really that off of his expected numbers considering the volume and minutes he's obligated to provide.

Otherwise, he's pretty much exceeding all previous production.
Good luck waiting for him to improve.

His crappy attitude at inopportune times is nothing new.

Love to see Nelson boot check him back to the MIP-quality he was flashing early on.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#410 » by marthafokker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:54 pm

You guys noticed the difference the way the team has played compare to our run earlier in the season?

Baron walking it up now (you know I said that if you read the other recent threads). Monta too in most cases.

We are an uptempo team, but yet all we do is play half court. The only uptempo is on a long pass to Monta, and that is it.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#411 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:26 am

Martha you've really hit on it. Our running has been sparse at best. Monta's the only one getting out on the break for the most part.

We haven't provided enough energy on defense to fuel that break.

Not to mention we've come out missing shots early, while other teams seem to be hitting ear;y and often.

Chances are we wouldn't have won that game last night even with stronger performances from the main guys. When the other team is shooting 3's that well it kills your chance to get back into the game.

Yes we could have played better, but Nellie at least sent some guys a message that when you suck, you sit. It needed to happen it was just surprising to see how long he stayed with it.

I mean did Beans really deserve to sit? No he should have played with Wright to get some chemistry with those 2.

Did Azu suck that bad? No but his knee is iffy, so I can understand that one.

It was very nice to see Watson handle himself with a calmness. Very much like the way Azu handled himself last year. I like this kid and he does enough to warrant solid back-up minutes. I'd like to see him go to the hole as much as possible, he looks fairly strong with those guns.

Belli shot well, but he didn't do much else. I would have liked to see him make a play rather than just shoot.

Wright looked like he was rushing everything on offense. Thinking to much. But he's active and should play more. He is a rebound magnet.

I hate when Barnes and Pietrus play with the young guys!!! They try to do to much and they take bad shots.

Nice activity from Croshere. His face was so red I thought we might see the paramedics. Good numbers. He should play more.

Please Nellie just stick with Al starting next to Beans. I don't care if it affects the bench production. I just want Al in there to provide his scoring at the beginning of games. Barnes and Pietrus and Azu should come off the bench only.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#412 » by marthafokker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:34 am

Mylie. I think AB got the hook after he did his usual matador defense against Przybilla (exactly like the first game) to get freebie dunks.
TB wrote:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#413 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:40 am

No, Nellie was proving a point.

Beans was no worse than anyone and didn't deserve to not play anymore.

This was strictly Nellie proving something and also using it as an excuse to rest guys.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#414 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:04 am

marthafokker wrote:You guys noticed the difference the way the team has played compare to our run earlier in the season?

Baron walking it up now (you know I said that if you read the other recent threads). Monta too in most cases.

We are an uptempo team, but yet all we do is play half court. The only uptempo is on a long pass to Monta, and that is it.

If the Warriors don't get steals....and turnovers then they don't run.

The only other way the Warriors can run is if they get shots blocked....and guess what...they play a midget sized front line...so....

The main problem with the Warriors defensive strategy is that it takes a TOTALLY frenetic pace to get all those steals....

Portland is an amazing team for their age...spacing very well..never being in a hurry...size and athletes to power through the Warriors scrappy type play. AND...a nice point guard to control the tempo.

Warriors, IMO, definitely need to build their front line with more size and length over the next 20 games.....otherwise Portland...Utah...Lakers...Spurs..these teams are just going to pound us in the playoffs...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#415 » by marthafokker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:13 am

Even when a basket is made, the Dubbs were running during our late run last season... and even tried that with the Mavs series.

But Baron/Monta keep walking up and wait for the defense to setup before anything happens now.

Yes, steals, blocks, and defensive rebounds will certainly help... but Baron walks it up even during blocks and defensive rebounds a lot of times now.

See the Suns play and you can see that Nash will push the ball up after the basket... only slows down if defense recovers. Even Tony Parker and Chris Paul are doing that (and they play a snail offense), why aren't the running Warriors?
TB wrote:
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#416 » by -bob- » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:29 am

I'm convinced Baron and Jack were blunted, and Nellie knew it.
Souvlaki
Head Coach

Post#417 » by Souvlaki » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:46 am

Nelly needs to counsel Jackson and let him know that when he refused to run back on defense while he's jawing at the refs, he's letting the rest of the team down. I know if I were out there I'd be pissed we were playing 4 on 5 because he's having a childish tantrum in the back court.

Return to Golden State Warriors