ImageImageImageImageImage

8th Seed!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

acidicality
Junior
And1: 0

Post#21 » by acidicality » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 pm

i think the Blazers are destined for a losing streak...maybe not...but it's coming. we're just happening to hit ours right now (i'm not counting the 1st 6 games), sort of
dareru
Freshman

Post#22 » by dareru » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:11 pm

ROWELL wrote:Warriors fans resorting to "look how easy our schedule gets" to defend how crappy our team really is.

Seriously. :-?
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#23 » by yehyeh82 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:25 pm

I guess we're in a losing streak, I mean we're only 3-4 in our last seven against teams with a combined record of 153-89 (0.632 winning percentage). Man, we are really playing bad and will have to get lucky to make it. I don't know what y'all was expecting, but I think that is a decent run through those teams, not great, but decent. These doomsday predictions after a bad loss (we seem to not play very well in Portland except for the last game of the season last year where their entire team was hurt) is really frustrating.

Luckily people will start changing their tune when we play our next nine games against teams with a combined record of 107-206 (0.341 winning percentage) and start winning on a more consistent basis. People, we just need to look at this with a little perspective. Every team struggles during the season, while also having hot streaks. The Blazers aren't going to keep winning at a 95% clip and Stephen Jackson isn't going to keep playing this badly. I find it refreshing, actually, that we can almost win half our games against the toughest teams in the league while playing so poorly. Things will turn around soon as this next stretch is the best opportunity to do so, as well as our home heavy schedule next month where the players will get plenty of rest up after a grueling schedule to start the season.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#24 » by yehyeh82 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:31 pm

shucknjive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

YEAHH!Plus all our games in Feb. are at home! How awesome is that, being we are so DOMINANT at home?!?!?!

How many bad teams have we lost to at home? We play 3 good teams that whole month and a bunch of crap teams. And I'm sorry, being 20-16 at this point in the season is not being a crap team as ROWELL likes to not so eloquently likes to point out. I'm sorry we are not the Spurs, but we are still a good and dangerous team that is not playing its best ball right now. But we still have beaten the subpar teams all year long with only a few hiccups here and there so I'm not going to jump on the Sky is Falling bandwagon that seems to be picking up steam because we lost a few games against good teams that are hot right now.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#25 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:32 pm

I want Dallas, I want Dallas. Dallas is the only one of the top 4 teams in the West that I feel like the Warriors could beat in the playoffs.

How does this years Playoff team (assuming the Warriors make the playoffs) compare to last years playoff team?

On the + side the additional year playing together has got to help the team perfect the art of playing together. Monta, Biedrins, and Azubuike will probably be better this year than last year.

On the - side JRich is not here. Pietrus seems to have regressed.

I think this year's playoff team will be slightly weaker than last year's playoff team. Can Nellie coach better this year than he coached last year? The Warriors won't surprise anybody with their style of play this year. I still think the Warriors can beat Dallas because I don't think Dallas can run their offense against pressure with quickness.

I want a first round victory again. That would be fun and make free agents think of the Warriors as a good team to play for. Asking for a second round victory seems a little unrealistic with the players we have. Add Kurt Thomas without giving up anybody from our current rotation and then I can start dreaming about a second round victory.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#26 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:45 pm

We don't have an edge over Dallas anymore. Why? because Dallas went out and found one of those rugged Power Fowards that kills Nellie's small ball and his name is Brandon Bass.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#27 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:11 am

It's gonna be a battle to the end this year.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mayor Baron
Junior
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#28 » by Mayor Baron » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:20 am

Portland goes on a 7 game road trip to the East Coast (Boston, Orlando, etc.)...so this will be a test to see if they are for real or not this year. And with us having a fairly easier schedule (9 of 10 at home in february)...i am hoping we get something better than an 8th seed. I don't think 42-40 will get us in the playoffs this year...
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#29 » by Sid the Squid » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 am

F**k being the 8th seed...Losers go for back to back 8th seeds.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#30 » by realfung » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:25 pm

We need to pcik up confidence again..
macballer30
Senior

Post#31 » by macballer30 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:34 pm

I thought the locks this season would be SA, PHO and DAL, the fairly sure things would be the JAZZ and ROCKETS and then we'd be fighting with the LAKERS, NUGGETS and HORNETS for the 6th seed. I figured we'd be able to handle both the lakers and hornets, but the surprise of the season, PORTLAND, is potentially going to screw things up for us.

I still think portland is going to hit a rough patch, and the rockets have proven they aren't a sure thing by any means. In my opinion, those are the two teams we need to stay ahead of down the stretch run this season.

When it's all said and done, I see things shaking out like so:
1.PHO
2.SA
3.DAL
4.LAL
5.NO
6.UTA
7.DEN
8.GSW
9.HOU
10.POR
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#32 » by marthafokker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:35 pm

mac... I think your playoff seeding is wrong.

Here is the rule...

the top four seeds -- the three division winners and the second-place team with the best record -- will be seeded according to their win-loss total

So even in your case, it would look like....

Pho, SA NO, Dal, LAL, Uta, Den, GSW.

IMO, Portland is already a better team because of personnel and coaching. Nellie was a great coach, but he does not coach players anymore. He just let them chuck... sit them down when it doesn't work. McMillan actually teaches them how to play the game.

Unfortunely, I think Portland might have the inside track to be the 8th seed. But that doesn't mean I want the Dubbs to lose.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#33 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:46 pm

It's still too early to start discussing this. Who thought the Warriors would be in the playoffs last year? This is going to go to the last day again, why fret about it now?

But I do believe Portland benefited heavily from their weak schedule. Allowed them to gel as a team and gain a boat load of confidence. Kind of like the Warriors at the end of last season. We got so hot blowing teams out at the end of the year. Hopefully Portland cools off. But I would love if Utah and Houston missed out. And Portland and Warriors made it, that'd be ideal!!!

Return to Golden State Warriors