ImageImageImageImageImage

BWRIGHT, BELLI, and CJ - Shades of 'Good' last night.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

BWRIGHT, BELLI, and CJ - Shades of 'Good' last night. 

Post#1 » by KR4 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:30 pm

I appreciated that Nelly pulled the plug last night and played the young guys. We looked terrible in the first half.

But the young guys had some real nice plays. It would have nice to see what they would have done without Croshere and Trainwrek effing it up (I mean, Christ, MP was 4-14 from the field - give up the rock!).

Belli had some nice fadaway Jumpers, B Wright had a couple huge follow up dunks, and CJ had some nice drives.
Belli and Bwright could contribute this year only if they became comfortable...its unfortunate that they only get run a in a blowout loss. I know this is what everyone else is thinking, but it was nice to see some positive plays from those guys last night.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#2 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:42 pm

I wish the Warriors weren
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#3 » by marthafokker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:43 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I wish the Warriors weren
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#4 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:48 pm

It isn't just Nellie; the entire organization wants the playoffs. If Nellie had his way the early part of last season, we wouldn't have made the playoffs.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#5 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Somehow Nellie seems to forget about Biedrins who at 21 is still part of our youth movement. And O'Bryant, heaven forbid he should get any minutes, even in a blowout. Oh that's right, I forgot, they're both 7 footers.

If he really wanted to showcase our youth:

O'Bryant
Wright
Azebuike or Ellis
Bellinelli
Watson or Ellis

Now that would have been interesting.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#6 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I wish the Warriors weren
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
dareru
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#7 » by dareru » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Really impressed with Watson. Maybe we should put Belli and BWright in the d-league for a while so they can gain some confidence.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#8 » by marthafokker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:10 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ill take the playoffs at any cost. Wright looked decent with some nice putbacks, but he was grabbing the boards and his light frame was getting pushed around.

Wasn't Wright playing SF on the defensive end? He was giving way open 3s to James Jones last night. Well, everyone in Dubbs uni's was. Guess someone is not teaching our guys how to play defense besides trying to swat away the ball.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#9 » by TB » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:15 pm

wright is like a lost puppy out there... i like the guy, and i love the cap space the trade opened up, but the guy is only worth garbage minutes at the moment. He will be very good, but not for a couple years.

Watson and Belly can help us now. Both look comfortable out there. Neither look like rookie players, they understand how to play pro ball.

So basically, what im saying is similar to what everyone on here is saying... i would like to see the young guys get into the rotation... only i would leave bwright out of the equation outside of garbage minutes. He isnt ready.
eden
Junior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by eden » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:21 pm

I don't think B Wright has physically grown in to his body.
He played like he was 7'5", akward.

I think he should be in the D league this year.
He needs way more playing time.

I thought Watson was pretty good, reminded me of Azu a lot.
But he did take a couple of good smacks when he tried to go to the rim.
NBA is a little faster and bigger than Dleag.

I can't quit figure out why Belly doesn't play more, he can shoot.

The bigest problem right now, the W's have to many ok players. If Baron and Jackson have off nights, there isn't anyone else to step up and take over.

Ellis is good, but needs Baron and Jackson to be on to open up space for him.

We still don't have the big to score down low. Bie, Bwright, Cro, Har, POB, none of them can do what Aldridge did last night.

Come on Trade.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#11 » by Fitz303 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:19 am

Wright reminded me a lot like Aldridge last year... very long, lanky player who got pushed around a bit.. I love the kids potential and was pretty impressed with how he played last night around the rim.. He just needs time and needs to get bigger.. As long as he hits the weight room and keeps workin hard, I think he'll be legit in the not to distant future
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#12 » by old rem » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:36 am

eden wrote:I don't think B Wright has physically grown in to his body.
He played like he was 7'5", akward.

I think he should be in the D league this year.
He needs way more playing time.

I thought Watson was pretty good, reminded me of Azu a lot.
But he did take a couple of good smacks when he tried to go to the rim.
NBA is a little faster and bigger than Dleag.

I can't quit figure out why Belly doesn't play more, he can shoot.

The bigest problem right now, the W's have to many ok players. If Baron and Jackson have off nights, there isn't anyone else to step up and take over.

Ellis is good, but needs Baron and Jackson to be on to open up space for him.

We still don't have the big to score down low. Bie, Bwright, Cro, Har, POB, none of them can do what Aldridge did last night.

Come on Trade.

Last year,Aldridrge couldn't do what he did last night.

Biedrins is the NBA FG% leader...and was #1 in FG % much of last season

As a freshman in the ACC...Be Right was #1 in the NCAA in FG %

Obviously...these guys can be EFFICIENT scorers. They don't get the touches. Wright doesn't get minutes,I doubt he ranks top 30 in minutes among the rookies. You could have the next Aldridge..hell..the next Karl Malone and if he's not getting touches...minutes,you'll never see that.

So far....Wright,Belli,O'Bryant....add up their minutes and they maybe have a full game in the NBA-mostly "garbage time". In "real life' after one 40 hour week on the job...you are still " The New Guy". Don't expect these players to even begin to show the skills they HAVE...or really evolve more...off 5-10 min a week of "schooling".

Yeah...we can trade.....we can convert POB-Wright-Belli,into some guy we could have picked rd 2 a few years ago. We can trade a guy who's fit in,for one who we got to hope fits. A Trade is typically a lateral move. Give or take a bit. There's a significant risk a trade makes you WORSE -not better.

There is no downside to developing the players you have.
CENSORED... No comment.
eden
Junior

Post#13 » by eden » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:15 am

I am not sure Old rem understands me.

When you only slam dunk or take 6", not foot shots, I sure hope your percentage is high.

My point was BW should be in the Dleague, he is over his head right now. He has a physical gift, but he is at least two to three years from really contributing. His College shooting % was high because most of his shots were dunks.

My other point was, we don't have a big that can take over a game and dominate. If Baron, Jack or Ellis are off we get killed.
Bie is good, but he has only had two games of 20 or more and he avg's 10.

Aldridge is avg 18 in his second year and 50%, plus he can shoot from more than 6" away.

I do think you have to develope the young players, but I am tired of the W's developing. One day they have to say, were going to win the championship. So if that means trading some unknowns, for a contributor now then do it. IE. Boston to Min, Bos to Sea.

In the next couple of weeks big players are going to become available, teams will be fading, I just hope the W's can make a trade that brings in that extra piece.

Also, the W's don't develope talent, that is not their style.
Ellis still has not become a true point guard, but has improved a lot, don't know if it is the W's or just him playing more.
Pie hasn't gotten any smarter, and POB doesn't even dress. That leaves Bie, who has improved but still doesn't have a shot outside the key.

Oh yeah, Dun, Mur, JR, Foyle, and the rest of the draft choices, we know how well they dev them.

So in the last 10 years I give the W's credit for 1.5, Bie and Ellis.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#14 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:16 am

It was great to see Beli and Wright out there last night. Both of them did some nice things: Wright getting his hands in there, and slamming down a couple missed shots; Beli because he finally had some good shooting going on. And while he's no youngster, Croshere played pretty well, too - 9 boards in 23 minutes, and some good looks... and the Warriors are going to need his contributions.

I'm biased but I don't see the point of playing Patrick O'Bryant. Since he's unrestricted next season, there's not much point in playing him unless you think he's going to change the outcome, and I don't see him doing that at this stage of his career, and especially when we're getting whipped by Portland.
BayArea_Warriors
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by BayArea_Warriors » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:57 am

I'm trying to like this Wright kid but I don't see any potential. He has an ugly shot, he's 200pounds and has no back to the basket game. He has flip shots like Jamison only he misses most of the time. So far...Diogu > Wright for rookie year.

CJ Watson was looking very good.

Bellinelli is a slightly more athletic player than Stojakovic, not nearly as a good shooter. But I see potential.
macballer30
Senior

Post#16 » by macballer30 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:50 pm

eden wrote:I am not sure Old rem understands me.

When you only slam dunk or take 6", not foot shots, I sure hope your percentage is high.

My point was BW should be in the Dleague, he is over his head right now. He has a physical gift, but he is at least two to three years from really contributing. His College shooting % was high because most of his shots were dunks.

My other point was, we don't have a big that can take over a game and dominate. If Baron, Jack or Ellis are off we get killed.
Bie is good, but he has only had two games of 20 or more and he avg's 10.

Aldridge is avg 18 in his second year and 50%, plus he can shoot from more than 6" away.

I do think you have to develope the young players, but I am tired of the W's developing. One day they have to say, were going to win the championship. So if that means trading some unknowns, for a contributor now then do it. IE. Boston to Min, Bos to Sea.

In the next couple of weeks big players are going to become available, teams will be fading, I just hope the W's can make a trade that brings in that extra piece.

Also, the W's don't develope talent, that is not their style.
Ellis still has not become a true point guard, but has improved a lot, don't know if it is the W's or just him playing more.
Pie hasn't gotten any smarter, and POB doesn't even dress. That leaves Bie, who has improved but still doesn't have a shot outside the key.

Oh yeah, Dun, Mur, JR, Foyle, and the rest of the draft choices, we know how well they dev them.

So in the last 10 years I give the W's credit for 1.5, Bie and Ellis.

I agree BWright isn't quite ready, but you've gone a little too far in your statements about the warriors. The Warriors did a very good job developing Murphy. They did an even better job developing JRich and Arenas. They've tried their best to develop Pietrus, and look at Biedrins and Ellis. Their track record of player development historically is not that good, but in recent years, they've seen a lot of success.

If you want us to give up on all of our young players and trade them away, what exactly are you hoping for? Maybe Kurt Thomas? Joe Smith? Chris Duhon? An expiring contract. Yeah, let's set our team up to be like the Heat in 2 years by getting rid of all of our young talent because they aren't ready to contribute to our 2008 Championship run we're destined to make.
Youseff
Junior

Post#17 » by Youseff » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:21 pm

Most of Wright's points at NC were NOT dunks. THey were put backs or quick post moves.
eden
Junior

Post#18 » by eden » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:08 am

Macballer30,

When you develope players you usually keep them.
You don't trade them away.

Your other point on trading young players.
Yes I would trade BW, POB, Kos, even Bel in a heart beat, if I could get a Joe Smith in return.

He is a vet, ready to play now, he is 6-10, and if you watch Chi play he makes a huge impact when he is on the floor.
Gives 10pts a game in 21 min, plus 5 rbds.
only one year on his contract.

A lot of people focus on the future, but basketball is about now.
In three years when BW, Bel are starters. Baron, Jackson will most likely be gone or playing very little, so you are starting over. The W's life story.

Look at the top teams:
Bos put together on trades, free agency and Vets
Det put together on trades, free agency and Vets
PHO put together on trades, free agency and Vets
DAL put together on trades, free agency and Vets

I give you San, they did draft Duncan, Parker and Manu.

This year is going to be the W's best chance to go past the first round.
Next year players looking for more money.
Pie, Barnes, POB, Cro, Ellis, Azu, and Bie.
Thats a lot of money they are going to have to give out.
Even if the big three come back Ellis, Azu and Bie that doesn't leave a lot of room to bring in another impact player. So basically the W's chances of making the playoffs and advancing would be the same.

My overall point is make the moves now, I don't care if they move a rookie or a vet, but bring in a big that can help now. But stop hoping for tomorrow and hope for today.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#19 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:39 am

Wright (i.e. J-Rich) for Joe Smith? Shoot me now, please.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#20 » by Chris Cohan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 am

jrhester wrote:Wright (i.e. J-Rich) for Joe Smith? Shoot me now, please.

Don't worry about that one. At all.

Return to Golden State Warriors