And1: 0

Post#261 » by The_Believer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:29 am

WOW 20-6-19
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,788

Post#262 » by floppymoose » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:40 am

510Reggae wrote:Imagine if we didnt wind down the game by only iso-ing Baron...

Baron did a good job of making the right play. I guess you could call it an iso, but I thought of it as running the play through Baron.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#263 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:46 am

Thank god Rudy Gay and Mike Miller had off nights offensively.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#264 » by floppymoose » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:50 am

The Cheaney jersey moves to 8-2 on the year.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#265 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:58 am

floppymoose wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Baron did a good job of making the right play. I guess you could call it an iso, but I thought of it as running the play through Baron.

Well we seem to do whatever we call it, a lot during the stretch of the 4th... if we're winning, that is. If we're winning in the 2nd and 3rd, we do that as well... we slow the game down. Which mainly consists of Monta bringing the ball up court, Baron following Jax, Buke, and/or Barnes through the middle, getting 3 of our other guys on one side of the court - entry pass to Baron, and then the 4 guys may as well pull up a chair and watch...
Mayor Baron
Junior
And1: 0
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#266 » by Mayor Baron » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:29 am

at times during this game... the warriors played like the 16-5 warriors run last season... they double teamed gasol right when he caught the ball, forcing turnovers and initiating fast breaks. The defense and hustle (i.e. the Beans block and save to Monta) was amazing. But there were also the brainfart times where all we did was iso baron or jack or monta (well he actually did well today). Plus it helped that Gay and Miller were off the whole night. Bring on Dunleavy!
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#267 » by turk3d » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:35 pm

shucknjive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:nod:

seriously though---I'm not saying the guy's a beast, but jeez, look at the size, the length, and he can hit a jumper at times----this kid's talents are totally wasted here-

He may just have to play him. Beans looks like he took a serious hit to his thigh. And what happened to BWright and Bellie? Didn't even get any garbage time. Did they even dress tonight?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#268 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Start Al, we pass the ball and play D and start strong. Duh.

Someone's going to say "well the Grizz suck!" I'm going to say eat a :censored: . Who cares how bad the Grizz suck. We didn't. Of course, I assusme next time we play a decent team, Nellie will try something stupid again with the lineups.

I should be coaching this team . . . or a least I should be Nellie's VP of common sense. They should have to pass the starting lineup across my desk and if it's wrong I get to kick him in his old drunk snatch.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Subaculta
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#269 » by Subaculta » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Start Al, we pass the ball and play D and start strong. Duh.

Someone's going to say "well the Grizz suck!" I'm going to say eat a :censored: . Who cares how bad the Grizz suck. We didn't. Of course, I assusme next time we play a decent team, Nellie will try something stupid again with the lineups.

I should be coaching this team . . . or a least I should be Nellie's VP of common sense. They should have to pass the starting lineup across my desk and if it's wrong I get to kick him in his old drunk snatch.

He already has a VP of common sense... during the offseason, during poker games he runs his ideas past Willie Nelson (I didn't say he was a good VP of common sense).

thanks for the sig Boogie!
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#270 » by yehyeh82 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:00 pm

HAHA, Running your ideas through someone that is more high than me is usually not a good idea...
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#271 » by NuWarriors » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:01 pm

yehyeh82 wrote:HAHA, Running your ideas through someone that is more high than me is usually not a good idea...

Oh man, wouldn't I wouldn't give to just ride one leg of a tour on Willie Nelson's bus. Ever heard the song "Weed with Willie" by Toby Keith? I think I could hold up better than that. :D

To stay OT... GO WARRIORS! GREAT WIN!
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#272 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Willie gets so high he hits the trees harder than Sonny Bono.

Hey Nellie... <cough cough> I know... <cough cough> how about you start this CJ kid at the four! Hahahahahahaha! That would be awesome! Uhhhh... hit me.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#273 » by floppymoose » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:01 am

510Reggae wrote:Well we seem to do whatever we call it, a lot during the stretch of the 4th... if we're winning, that is. If we're winning in the 2nd and 3rd, we do that as well... we slow the game down. Which mainly consists of Monta bringing the ball up court, Baron following Jax, Buke, and/or Barnes through the middle, getting 3 of our other guys on one side of the court - entry pass to Baron, and then the 4 guys may as well pull up a chair and watch...

510, I agree with the heart of what you are saying. Against Memphis, I felt that Baron's teammates were doing a decent job of moving and giving him options, and Baron was willing to give them the ball.

It felt very different to me from the Bobcats-Cavs game, where the Cats kept stupidly iso'ing Jason against Lebron (!) and then clearing out the side for him, and not moving. that had disaster written on it from the start. Most of those plays didn't even result in a shot attempt.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#274 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:06 am

My cousin is the lead singer for a Reggae-rock group called "Common Sense".

Willie Nelson heard them at a club in San Diego and asked my cousin to come out and sing with him at FarmAid years ago.

Let's just say that weed is our friend.

If Nellie's hangin with Nelson, then it might explain some of the crazy lineups.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors