BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Trade Idea 

Post#1 » by BROWN » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:35 am

MP, POB, THUD

for

C.V and J.V (Jake Voskhul)

Works in the trade checker, makes us better and deeper with our bigs.
There are rumors going around that the bucks are interested in MP?
works for us, we loose three players who will be "free-agents" in the summer, and add C.V who's here for another 2 years, and J.V who's a free agent. So do the math.

and C.V can fit in this system, better then MP that's for sure .
He'd fit in perfectally with the chuckers in our team.

and as for POB , I don't want to say anything, let him be , we all know he wants out of GSW.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#2 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 pm

This is not bad bw, the only negative I can see is that by moving Petey (who's been contributing as of late) and POB, we give up probably our only good trade pieces which we might want to have when we get to the trade dealdine when they might be some good opportunities for us with our TPE. Other than that, I think it's good for us although I'm not sure if they would be willing to take Thud. Maybe we throw in a million cash to take care of Thud's deal.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#3 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:38 pm

turk3d wrote:This is not bad bw, the only negative I can see is that by moving Petey (who's been contributing as of late) and POB, we give up probably our only good trade pieces which we might want to have when we get to the trade dealdine when they might be some good opportunities for us with our TPE. Other than that, I think it's good for us although I'm not sure if they would be willing to take Thud. Maybe we throw in a million cash to take care of Thud's deal.

Petey and POB are good trade pieces?

I think you have lost sight of how bad our trade situation is. MP and OBee are rental players. Neither of whom is under contract next year. Neither represents any significant salary either so they offer nothing as far as cap savings when they do expire. No one is going to trade anything of value for a cheap player that they will have to competitively bid on within 6 months. Any team interested in either player will be able to sign them this summer for minimal dollars.

Petey and Obee had value this summer, and would have had some kind of value under contract, but the current situation finds us effectively neutered in the trade market beyond any of our core players. This is partly a result of the economic focus of the summer. Lowering payroll into the future was mandated at the expense of other concerns.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 pm

CV is chucking less than 3 3's a game so far this season. We need someone who can actually produce. Tim Thomas is averaging about 5.5 a game, Alston is chucking 5.2 and we could sure use another guard.

Top 20 3pt shooters that are under 35%:

Stephen Jackson 6.7 - .321%
Baron Davis 6.3 - .346%
Jamal Crawford 5.6 - .347%
Tim Thomas 5.4 - .321%
Kobe Bryant 5.3 - .345%
Rafer Alston 5.2 - .321%

Smallball is a proven winner... what an idiot Monty was... fool's gold, go back to college!
turk3d
RealGM

Post#5 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Petey and POB are good trade pieces?

I think you have lost sight of how bad our trade situation is. MP and OBee are rental players. Neither of whom is under contract next year. Neither represents any significant salary either so they offer nothing as far as cap savings when they do expire. No one is going to trade anything of value for a cheap player that they will have to competitively bid on within 6 months. Any team interested in either player will be able to sign them this summer for minimal dollars.

Petey and Obee had value this summer, and would have had some kind of value under contract, but the current situation finds us effectively neutered in the trade market beyond any of our core players. This is partly a result of the economic focus of the summer. Lowering payroll into the future was mandated at the expense of other concerns.

Petey's value is going up as of late (there's a number of teams out there who might be interested in him as a rental piece) and even POB may interest a team which wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him. What other trade pieces do we really have is my point? Didn't say they were great, but they're about the best we have that we would find expendable. I don't think we want to trade Bukie, Bellie or even Barnes.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
enderboy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#6 » by enderboy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:09 pm

mp's value is up as someone that teams want, but not someone worthy of worthwhile trade pieces. sure teams want him, but like any team, they want to unload crap to get him.

i'd be shocked to see anyone offer draft choices. CV or flip would be very good value in return. if mp's a warrior by the end of the deadline, i hope his role diminishes.

i haven't seen him shut anyone down defensively since his rookie year & that was all i hoped he'd become - a defensive stopper.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Charlie Trainwreck is worth taking away 3.5 mill of cap flex this summer? You got to be friggen kidding...There should be a law that all NBA fan have to own league pass.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#8 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:10 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Petey's value is going up as of late (there's a number of teams out there who might be interested in him as a rental piece) and even POB may interest a team which wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him.

You are talking about their potential value on the floor. You aren't talking about TRADE value. What would you actually expect a team to give up for either of them considering they could get either one this summer for less than MLE money? For POB there is absolutely zero incentive to trade anything for him. Pete might generate some trade deadline interest, but again, there will be a substantial discount because he is on a rental and will have to be resigned at year end.

These are not good trade pieces. We don't have any good trade pieces outside of the core. Even if you looked at Barnes and Bukie, they are so low paid that you couldn't really expect to get comparable contributions back in trade. Players paid what Barnes and Bukie make generally suck ass.

The only decent trade chips we really have are future draft picks.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#9 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:52 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You are talking about their potential value on the floor. You aren't talking about TRADE value. What would you actually expect a team to give up for either of them considering they could get either one this summer for less than MLE money? For POB there is absolutely zero incentive to trade anything for him. Pete might generate some trade deadline interest, but again, there will be a substantial discount because he is on a rental and will have to be resigned at year end.

These are not good trade pieces. We don't have any good trade pieces outside of the core. Even if you looked at Barnes and Bukie, they are so low paid that you couldn't really expect to get comparable contributions back in trade. Players paid what Barnes and Bukie make generally suck ass.

The only decent trade chips we really have are future draft picks.

The only realistic trade possibilities (outside of a blockbuster which I think is highly unlikely at least until we hit the TD) are really low level ones. Guys like CV, Flip, possibly Warrick which shouldn't take much more than MP and/or POB reason being is that those guys trade value is just about as low. What it boils down to at that level is does your player fit their program better than theirs and whether or not their player is even in their long range plans. Those are the only kinds of deals which seem realistic to me right now. If you look at our situation vs teams like Memphis and Milwaukee, we're in a playoff situation and therefore are better off keeping a player (such as Pietrus) who can help us in our playoff run rather than to use him to make a bad trade. What we're looking for is the right trade situation for us. As we get closer to the deadline, we might get in a position to do something at a higher level and then guys like Petey and even POB (heaven knows, maybe Nellie might actually use him at some point and his value goes up a little, lol) could become useful filler to make a bigger deal happen.

As I said earlier, there are likely going to be some teams out there who may be in a position where Pietrus may be what they think needs to get them over the top (and more willing to give us something decent in return) and there are going to be some teams who are more willing to give up some decent players when they find they are out of it this year so I would not undervalue some of our lesser players in potential trades. The closer we get to the deadline, the more I believe things might open up for us. Right now, everyone is still in the "rape the Warriors" mode, just take a look at the Trade Forum (talking deals like Monta and Biedrins for Kevin Martin and then saying that Martin is too good). I'd prefer to wait. The fact that right now we're a playoff team and are getting good minutes from everyone for the most (POB excluded) I think we need to see if it continues if just for the sake of chemistry. I can see your point though.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#10 » by azwfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:31 pm

510Reggae wrote:CV is chucking less than 3 3's a game so far this season. We need someone who can actually produce. Tim Thomas is averaging about 5.5 a game, Alston is chucking 5.2 and we could sure use another guard.

Top 20 3pt shooters that are under 35%:

Stephen Jackson 6.7 - .321%
Baron Davis 6.3 - .346%
Jamal Crawford 5.6 - .347%
Tim Thomas 5.4 - .321%
Kobe Bryant 5.3 - .345%
Rafer Alston 5.2 - .321%

Smallball is a proven winner... what an idiot Monty was... fool's gold, go back to college!

You might be onto something. I read somewhere on here that Isaiah is shopping Crawford.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Golden State
Senior

How about.... 

Post#11 » by Golden State » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 am

GSW
C: Jake Voskhul 1yr/$3.0
PF: Udonis Haslem $6.0 + $6.6 + $7.1 (19.7)

Heat
PF: Villanueva $2.7 + $3.5 + QO of $4.6 (10.8 = Half Price Udonis)
G/F: Pietrus $3.5 (Miami & MP want this)
C: POB $2.2 (Miami bigs are damaged or out)

Bucks
$3 TE
C: $2.7 Morning (Out for the year)
'08 3rd round pick

...A scaled down version is Voskhul for the TE + DP
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#12 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:40 am

Bucks get way too much..Make the 3rd round pick a 5th rounder and it's a done deal.
Golden State
Senior

Post#13 » by Golden State » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:40 am

Another 2nd round pick gives them two shots at future drafts.
Otherwise the Bucks rooster looks very good on paper and it is hard to find a real need to approach, ...I thought NBelli but it is so early to trade him.

Do you think Udonis & Voskuhl warrant including NBelli instead of the draft picks, or in addition to the picks?

Return to Golden State Warriors