ImageImageImageImageImage

Remember when the old coach said it's time to play Brandan?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#101 » by floppymoose » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:32 pm

There are two issues.

1) individual choice on whether we should be gunning for the playoffs as an 8 seed, or exclusively building towards some dominant future in which we contend.
2) the theoretical question of whether gunning for the playoffs means we can't play Brandan over Cro, and Marco over whoever (MP I guess?).

I'm actually undecided on the second point. Because of that, I'm not going to come on here and argue specifically that Brandan should be riding the pine as much as he is.

But my mind is made up on point 1. I'm all about winning now. I see getting the Baron show in the playoffs as somewhat achievable, and I don't want to miss it if it can happen. If that sabotages future development, I'll deal. I just have too much fun watching the show. You could tell me we lose in round one and I would still feel the same way.

And I have no beef with folks who want to build for the future instead. It's just a choice you make as a fan - no wrong answer. And with a different team, I might make a different choice. With a team that clearly can't make the playoffs, or a team that wouldn't be exciting to watch even if they did, I'd go for building the future.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#102 » by Sid the Squid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:52 pm

51 you're intentionally irratating 510...510 knows it..I know..And I know you know it...You remind me of Tim Duncan when he kept fake laughing at Joey Crawford...
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#103 » by warriortone » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:00 pm

510 doesn't need 51 to get 5150.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#104 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:42 pm

LF75 wrote:51 you're intentionally irratating 510...510 knows it..I know..And I know you know it...You remind me of Tim Duncan when he kept fake laughing at Joey Crawford...

Lol

Of course I've been tweaking his nose, but I've also been into Nick and a couple of other crazies lately. That last comment for ALL of the people who's have been totally off the deep end in the last week or so (in a totally general/anonymous sense.) It was absolutely not at all specific to 510.

EVERYONE who is taking themselves, the team and the arguements here so seriously that they've been full blown hysterical over the last week needs to get their head checked. And frankly, nothing at all that I've said in the last week has been all that big a deal. I haven't shouted anybody down, hijacked threads or attacked anyone personally, I've just been lauging at the laughable.

:dontknow:

It might behoove some to develop thicker skins if they want to play at being lightning rods. Everyone who's been here for a while knows that.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#105 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:44 am

In Hoopsworld's 2007 draft do-over, Brandan goes #29 to Phoenix... Marco goes #30 to Portland... and CJ Watson goes #25 to Utah! [lol]

While GS uses their picks on Acie Law (who they coulda had from Atlanta for Monta Ellis) and Rodney Stuckey.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6955
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#106 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:01 am

jrhester wrote:In Hoopsworld's 2007 draft do-over, Brandan goes #29 to Phoenix... Marco goes #30 to Portland... and CJ Watson goes #25 to Utah! [lol]

While GS uses their picks on Acie Law (who they coulda had from Atlanta for Monta Ellis) and Rodney Stuckey.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6955

As much as I would like to see a better bench than the Mbenga/Thud debacle, I can't help but remember that everyone on this board thought Wright had bust written all over him before the draft. According to this board, he was all but a lock to be a waste of a pick in the top 10 before we had a chance to draft him. You can chalk some of that up to sour graps, but it does color the current hysteria over Brandan "not being developed" in a humorous light. I see some things I definitely like in him, but I can't get all that riled up about not using him enough.

I'm more irritated at the things I see as the misuse of our best players.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#107 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:21 am

GSWhoopfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well apparently its not Wright that got us playing above .500 ball either...and its not Nellie cause you refer to him as an idiot. Im sure you also complain about Baron and Jackson chucking...

so tell us all, why are we above .500?

Well as sure as yourself as you sound... it's kind of silly...

We win because we have talent... plain and simple. Baron, Jackson, Monta, Biedrins, Harrington, (sometimes) Barnes, Buke, Croshere... for all their warts, they have actual talent and thats whats keeping us in the games.

We don't more because we don't know how to use the talent we have, and by we, I mean the idiot... imagine if we had a coach that actually talked during timeouts...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#108 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:23 am

LF75 wrote:51 you're intentionally irratating 510...510 knows it..I know..And I know you know it...You remind me of Tim Duncan when he kept fake laughing at Joey Crawford...

Of course...

I'm just not in the mood now... I don't have tons of disposable income and I pour a lot of cash into this team (brand new HDTV for tonights game, btw :D), and I'm :censored: angry at recent developments... the POB interview was the final straw, and now CJ's blog...

I'm afraid of what this "trade" could bring... I'd only want Wright to go for Gasol... but I have a feeling it could be much worse than that...
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#109 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:30 am

Al Harrington, Mikael Pietrus, Brandan Wright, 1st round pick for Pau Gasol.

Sounds good to me.

Warriors give up some of the "future" to contend now, luxury tax be damned; Grizz get cap relief, a young piece, a pick, and a reasonably-priced contributor in Al Harrington.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#110 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 am

jrhester wrote:Al Harrington, Mikael Pietrus, Brandan Wright, 1st round pick for Pau Gasol.

Sounds good to me.

Warriors give up some of the "future" to contend now, luxury tax be damned; Grizz get cap relief, a young piece, a pick, and a reasonably-priced contributor in Al Harrington.

Thats some serious overpayment. Two guys who would be in the top 6 for more than half the teams in the league, A #8 overall pick with the wrapping still on it, and an addition 1st (I'll assume that's at least top 3 protected?) for one player who (correct me if I'm wrong) has never won a playoff game?

I think Gasol is a fine player, but he's not a "stud" big. He hasn't done for a team what a BRand or Dwight or KG does. Despite the boxscores he's not a dominant player that produces wins. He's a good big, a very good big, but if he were a stud, Memphis would have been better at some point thus far.

Take out Wright or Al and you're starting to talk sense.

Return to Golden State Warriors