ImageImageImageImageImage

Chicago

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Chicago 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 am

Here's a trade which would work on trade checker involving TY Thomas who they're saying Chicago wants to move (would make an ideal Center for us). What do you guys think of it? Not sure how Chicago would react to this. BTW, it was very hard to do a deal involving them which is part of the reason I chose those players.

Warriors trade: Pietrus, O'Bryant, Perovic
Why: We want to move Pietrus, O'Bryant. Perovic thrown in for filler in order to make deal work financially

Chicago Trades: Thomas, Duhon, Gray
Chicago wants to move Thomas, Duhon tough but expiring and likely will not sign with Chicago next season. Gray not needed with two Centers coming from Golden State. They also save about 1.5 M.

Maybe we have to throw in a draft pick.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#2 » by WarFan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:35 am

Take out Gray and Perovic because Chicago won't do it. As for MP and POB for Ty and Duhon, I think we'd have to throw in a first. I'm not sure how crazy/stupid Tyrus is, but if the trade was made I'd like it.
frsh90
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#3 » by frsh90 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:41 am

I hate the two, but bringing Tyrus or Noah here wouldn't be too bad..
Randolph
&Curry.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#4 » by bballguy50 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:50 am

They want Pau, they always have. I think we'd have to offer way more than that for Tyrus.

Who knows, maybe we could get Noah on the cheap because of the whole fiasco over there.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#5 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:03 am

This sounds like another ESPN story where a writer announces his opinion as "fact". Not even the local beat writers who love making up trades (like Stupid Sam Smith) are mentioning a Tyrus trade

The only Bull being shopped is Ben Wallace - and the Bulls may have to add some young talent to a trade to dump Ben. In that case, Thomas or anyone else would be available.

but Thomas or anyone else isnt being shopped alone. They would be available only if a team takes Wallace.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:30 am

WarFan wrote:Take out Gray and Perovic because Chicago won't do it. As for MP and POB for Ty and Duhon, I think we'd have to throw in a first. I'm not sure how crazy/stupid Tyrus is, but if the trade was made I'd like it.

Stretch MP out another 3 inches and give him Jax's knack for getting into trouble and you got an idea. Tyrus has LESS skills and polish than Wright--but has had NBA minutes. Who knows how Nellie would see it. Obviously....with Gray getting about as many minutes as POB-Wright combined..Chi won't flip him for Kosta. Since we lopped off most of the trade value of POB and MP--a rd 1 would be needed to just MAYBE get the Bulls to agree. The short term result would be Nellie sees Tyrus as too raw to have a major role and he winds up impeding Wright's progress. However....post Nellie it all MIGHT work out very well. Tyrus has some nifty tools and eventually can make some impact. He won't ever be consistant or much of a shooter but as he fills out-maybe a young Kenyon Martin.
CENSORED... No comment.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#7 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 pm

bulls6 wrote:This sounds like another ESPN story where a writer announces his opinion as "fact". Not even the local beat writers who love making up trades (like Stupid Sam Smith) are mentioning a Tyrus trade

The only Bull being shopped is Ben Wallace - and the Bulls may have to add some young talent to a trade to dump Ben. In that case, Thomas or anyone else would be available.

but Thomas or anyone else isnt being shopped alone. They would be available only if a team takes Wallace.

Thry're going to have a very difficult time trading Big Ben. I don't think they'll want to trade Noah (in spite of this most recent incident). I think Thomas (who they've made rumblings about in the past) is probably going to be the odd man out. Of course this doesn't mean that they would do the deal I'm suggesting.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#8 » by SherronShabazz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:41 pm

as a bulls fan i say no.

i think gordon and thomas are being shopped.

ben wallace is probably being shopped but is untradeable due to the money he is owed on his deal.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#9 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:23 pm

No way the Warriors are getting Tyrus. Book it!

We wouldn't be able to get him without giving up core players.

No offense to MP, but he's not getting it done.

The trade exception is the most attractive piece we have to trade, but Chicago isn't the type of team that it would appeal to.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
gusyouout
Sophomore

Post#10 » by gusyouout » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:42 pm

i think chicago values thomas more than that. we're not giving anything too significant away.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#11 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm

I actually think it may be better than what others are offering, i.e., guys like Graham, Humphries and Dixon from Toronto. I'd take Pete and O'Bryant over that group. As I said in the original post, at least we might give up a pick as well but I agree, not likely to happen. Just a thought.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#12 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:19 pm

why change anything...we got chemistry on the court. Team chemistry gives us a sixth man on the court.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#13 » by WarFan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:43 pm

old rem wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Stretch MP out another 3 inches and give him Jax's knack for getting into trouble and you got an idea. Tyrus has LESS skills and polish than Wright--but has had NBA minutes.

:rofl:

Who knows how Nellie would see it.

That's why I said I'd be down with the trade if they made it. I'd assume that Nellie liked it and Mullin didn't think Thomas' problems were a big deal.
lupa
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#14 » by lupa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:43 am

As a Bulls fan I would do Tyrus/Duhon for Wright/Pietrus
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#15 » by mistatwo mayn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:49 am

CrzyAfrn.... do the game thread man.

Floppy.... wear your jersey to sleep or something, sacrifice a cow.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by crzy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:11 am

sure thang
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#17 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:27 pm

The Bulls would love to move Big Ben, but it would probably cost them Thomas.

I could see the Warriors trying to get involved in the Gasol trade with the Bulls.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#18 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:00 pm

After listening to Charles Barkley last night, it sounds like Noah is the one who might be on his way out.

I doubt anyone is taking Big Bens salary right now. Could be wrong though.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
sanddude909
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by sanddude909 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:32 pm

lupa wrote:As a Bulls fan I would do Tyrus/Duhon for Wright/Pietrus

As a Warriors' fan, I'm not ready to give up on Wright just yet.

Return to Golden State Warriors